‹ Prequel: Tell the Truth
Status: Do not leave me! Im so close to getting to another update

Tell Me Lies

I Can't Do This

"I heard what you and Niko are up to." Cynthia says as soon as she spots me in the kitchen eating a bowl of cereal. The pack already had their breakfast, and I decided to wait until they all left so I don't have to hear anything from them.

My eyes gaze into Cynthia's and they fall as soon as I spot a little hurt in her eyes. She looks around the kitchen and stays quiet, obviously hearing around, hoping nobody could hear us.

"Are you really going to leave?" she whispers very lowly, taking another spoonful of fruit loops, I nod slightly and eye her. I know I can trust Cynthia, but after all I was leaving, she probably would do something to make me stop.

Cynthia runs a hand through her red hair and sighs.

"I plan to stay there for a week, I'm not going to stay." I whisper looking around the kitchen.

"Why are you leaving?" she whispers, walking towards me, her bottom lip quivers and I stand up instantly, holding her in my arms.

"I'm sorry, I have to. I know you understand why I have to do this." I whisper, tears falling down my eyes as I hold onto her tighter.

"Why didn't you tell me this before?" Cynthia asks, pulling us away to face each other, "Why did I have to hear it from Marissa?" my body froze from shock.

No, she wasn't supposed to tell anybody.

"If she told you..." I trailed off, knowing who she was going to tell next. "No, no no no." my mouth stutters as I jog out of the kitchen, hoping I could make it to Niko's room and out of the mansion in time.

"Relax."Cynthia grabs my wrist as soon as I make it to the stair case, her tone was low and calm, making me stop to ask why.

"She's happy you're leaving for a while, she won't tell him."

Then came the heart drop, my body felt a bit warmer now, probably a feeling of regret shooting through me.

"Be happy," Cynthia tells me, grabbing onto my shoulders. A week passed and the pain still shoots through me from the bruises lingering on my body, "You need this."

Times like these, I needed Cynthia, not Niko. The week has been a pain with just Niko to hang out with, sneaking in and out of my room, grabbing stuff I will need to leave without Lucas noticing much, we even had to go to Marissa to beg her to by the plane ticket so Lucas wouldn't get suspicious.

Little by little we got everything packed for today, at exactly seven p.m. It's great because Lucas had to leave for a meeting with some old alpha's around the city, and at seven, Lucas would think I will be sleeping, and Marissa with distract him wit ha welcoming kiss, giving him a long time to notice both of our smells are out of the house.

By the time he tries to track it, I will be long gone and it will take Lucas a while to track my smell all the way to La Push. I probably think he forgot the directions to La Push, and has to take a while to find me again.

As soon as I get on the plane, I will call Emily, hoping she had the same number, and have her pick me up from the airport.

It's a solid plan, a golden one that will work out perfectly, I just know it, but first I have to keep everything on the down low for nine hours.

I just need to forget what Lucas will be doing when I'm gone. Make sure my paranoid mind doesn't take me to the wrong thought of Paul forgetting about me.

I smile at Cynthia and hold her lightly, giving a slight laugh.

"I can do this." Cynthia smiles at me and grips onto my hand.

"Let's go shopping," Cynthia offers, loudly so that everybody could hear.

"Shopping sounds good."

[*******]

Two more hours until I leave.

I was so nervous, I actually was twitching. Niko kept me sane by putting on horror movies on and watched them with me, in his room.

"Stop it already." Niko says, clicking the movie on pause and slammed next to me on the bed.

I look at him scared and looked away.

"I can't leave." I whisper, i can feel the water flowing in my eyes, but none blinks out.

"I can't do this to Lucas, I promised to marry him, what if he thinks I left him forever?" Niko stays quiet as I panic a little more, realization hit me about Paul's last words.

"What if Paul doesn't want to see me? He'll shut the door in my face and tell me to go back." I stand up and start pacing the grounds. I don't want to look like a loser if that's what he'll do.

"I'm not going to do this, it's too risky." I trail to the bed and sit on the edge rubbing my face in frustration. My final thought made me relax a bit, but regret hit me again.

"I can't believe I almost left Lucas." I look at Niko's unbelievable facial expression, and rest my elbows to my knees and my head in my hands.

"I have to tell Lucas what I was about to do." Sitting up straight, I look at Niko again and stand up. "I have to, then he'll-"

"Esther, don't do this." Niko trails off gently holding my hands and stares into my eyes, "this is your only chance to see Paul for possibly the last time, your whole family back there, visit your mother, you need this Esther," Niko says gently, lacing our fingers together.

I need to visit my mom's stone, I need to see my family, i know they miss me, I can't do this to them, I can't do this to Paul. I nod my head in agreement... I'm going to do this.

"I'll miss you," I whisper lightly lacing my arms around his neck and leaned into him. Niko laughs a bit but gives into our hold then pulls us away.

"Don't laugh at me." I mumble into his chest.

"I can't help it, you've done this like five times already, I can't wait until your on that plane and the person sitting next to you have to hear your debate." I smile onto him and giggle a bit.

"five times?"

"Yes, you loser." Niko jokes pulling us away, then he ruffles my hair and clicks the movie back on. Watching the red head trail into the movie, my leg begins to shake, causing Niko to pause the movie.

"I can't do this." I whisper again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, just to notice you in this, I am glad you guys are telling me you're losing interest, I need this feedback. Thank you, and i promise you, if you stay, and keep feeding back I'll post more stories. I just need this inspiration [:

Love, Idalis.