31 day Prompt Challenge

Buried Treasure

Once upon a time there lived a grandmother and her two grandchildren. The grandchild's' names were Andy and Amy, they were twins. Sadly the mother passed away not too long after her children's first birthday, that is why they live with their grandma. But, this was no ordinary grandma. She was a witch and a very good witch at that. She learned how to live off the land when her husband and her were married. The town they had lived in frowned upon marriage that wasn't arranged first, so the newly wed couple moved to the forest and lived there. They only had one child, it was a girl.The girl knew about her mom's magically abilities but was unable to master any spells herself because she was too young. You have to be at least 16 before you can start to use your magical powers. The mother was only a few days shy of her 16th birthday before she passed away.

This left the grandmother to raise the children on her own. The grandpa was away most of the time. Sometime he would be gone for only a few weeks and other times he would be gone for up to a year. On the day before the twins turned 16 the grandma was sitting around a fire with them and told them all about how she was a witch and could do magic. The twins knew she could but they never understood why they were unable to do magic themselves. The grandma explained to the, they were full witch and they had to wait until they were 16 before the magic abilities came forth. The twins listen intently as their grandma told them all about the powers they would have in a few short hours. They were excited and they were also scared. they knew the towns people didn't like witches. It was a good thing nobody knew the twins existed or else they would be hunted down and killed.

They lived in the middle of a dark forest that was surrounded by a magical field. This Field kept the towns people away because they knew it was haunted. On the edge of the north Field there was a small town. From time to time the grandchildren would go to this town to get seed for the garden, sugar and other staples that they were unable to grow. There was also a small magically town to the East, but they never went there because their grandma was banned from the town many years ago.

Since it was the night before the twins birthday the grandmother decided to celebrate their birthday earlier then usual. She gave Andy an old map, and Amy an old necklace. The map was a treasure map, and the treasure was in the Field. It was up to Andy to get the treasure, if he wanted too. Amy's necklace was a special necklace, it would keep away any dangerous animals. Andy had gotten an identical necklace a few months earlier from his grandpa, before he left on one of his long journeys.

~The Day of their Birthday~

It was now the day of the twins birthday and Andy decided he would go to find the buried treasure in the Field. He left shortly after day break and he only had a backpack and a gun with him. In the backpack was a jar of water, a bag of dehydrated meat and vegetables and a few matches. The water was magically because only a few drops would hydrate you as if you drank a few glasses of water, with this magic water one would never become dehydrated. The meat and vegetables could be eaten as they were or boiled to make a soup. The backpack was actually a blanket that could be unfolded and untied to keep warm at night, or it could be made into a small tent. Andy brought a gun with him just in case he seen someone on his journey, it would look as if he were hunting for wild game.

Andy followed the directions on the map with extreme care. He did not want to make a single mistake or he would never be able to find the treasure. He stopped at a stream that ran through the Forrest. On the map there was a rock formation that looked like a wolf, and the rock formation was right in front of Andy. He was on the right path and headed in the right direction. At the wolf, he had to make and east turn the the edge of the forest. On the map he seen a few tiny red dots. He wondered what these dots could be, so he ran to the edge of the forest.

Looking all around for something red, Andy noticed a few little rocks that were glowing red. He picked these rocks up and they felt warm in his hand. He found this to be rather strange so he placed them in his pocket, he would ask his grandma all about it when he returned home. Looking at the map again Andy had to go north until there was something pink. He could tell from the map that he was only half way to his treasure, and the pink spot shouldn't be too far from where he was. He ran a little further north and looked all over the ground for something pink.

What he found was a tiny folded up piece of fabric. It was very soft and was bound together with a beautiful silver twine and tied in a perfect bow. He placed the fabric in his pocket with the red rocks in it. When he did so he noticed the warmth of the rocks against his fingers. Now he really wanted to get to the treasure so he could go home and ask his grandmother all about these rocks and now the fabric he found. The map indicated that there was something purple up ahead and not much further from that was the treasure. He walked about half a kilometer before he found these tiny purple plants. Hidden underneath these plants were a tiny purple bottle. Andy looked at the map again and seen that there was two purple dots right next to another. Written next to them were the words "Do not open the bottle" he took the advice and put the bottle in his shirt pocket and the plants in his backpack.

It was only a ten minute walk before Andy seen a flat stone with and "x" carved in the top of it. He flipped the stone over and underneath was a tin box that held a journal in it. The journal seemed to be very old and the writing on the front cover was no longer there. Andy sat down and looked all through the journal. There were drawings of all sorts of things; flowers, stones, feather, plants and even leaves. Next to each drawing was a description of what magical power these items had. Saying certain words would activate some pf the magic powers and somethings when certain things were in a witches range their power would be activated on its' own.

Andy found a picture of the red stones, he read that these stones would keep you warm no matter how cold it is. The next page was a letter written to Andy. He read the letter out loud, when he read the last sentence everything went black. He woke up to the sound of his grandmothers voice telling him he would be OK. She also explained that the words he said were a spell that would bring him home no matter where he was.

The End
♠ ♠ ♠
This story was inspired by the word "Field"
I might end up making this story into a short chapter story soon.
Don't forget to comment :)

I wrote this story because of the 31 Dy Prompt Challenge