Sequel: Bright Lights
Status: In the Works :]

Keeping Up With Toews?

Chapter 12: Regrets.

It had been 2 months since Karoline had her tragic accident causing to loose her first child, when the media had found out of the tragic accident, it went worldwide and friends, family, and fans sent condolences. However, ever since the accident, Karoline had changed, and not for the good. Everyone around her understood that she was grieving, but after hearing from Jonathan, saying that she was not eating regularly, they were now starting to worry. Karoline had shut down, from not only completely ignoring and disowning her family, but also shutting down from Jon.

"Karoline, you need to eat something, please." Jon pleaded, his heart breaking when seeing his girlfriend sat facing towards the skyline before her. Clouds were darkening, and the wind picking up speed. "I'm not hungry." Karoline replied in her mono-toned voice, Jon sighed knowing that's all he will get from her. Jon sat down alone at the breakfast counter, eating his freshly made dinner.

This is how it has been for Jon, eating alone, sleeping alone, and just overall being alone. When Khloe had called him that night, his world came crashing down. While he was on the flight, he wouldn't stop crying, he couldn't contain the sad emotions that were running through every vein in his body. He kept replaying Khloe's words over and over again, and every time, he would try to wake up thinking it was just a nightmare, but when he realized that it wasn't; he would cry again.

Jon could remember that day like it was yesterday and not 2 months ago.
flashback
When Khloe had picked him up from the airport, and led him to the room, Jon collapsed seeing his girlfriend laying in a hospital bed, with bandages around her body, he couldn't help but stare at her flat stomach, once was swollen to a bump, no gone. That night, no one dared stepped into the room, leaving Jon to himself, while the Kardashian/Jenner family sat in the private room, hearing nothing but cries of heartbreak from the young couple. After many hours, the family was asked into the room. Karoline lay there emotionlessly staring at the wall in front of her as her family piled into the room. "After tonight, I never want to see anyone of you again, don't call, don't visit, and just don't do anything. After tonight, I will no longer hold the Kardashian name, after tonight, you are no longer my family." Karoline announced, "Karol," Khloe began, "No. Khloe, don't. I lost my baby tonight, and if I wasn't here, this would've never happened."
"If that's what you want Karoline, we will respect your wishes." Kourtney said, while Kris thought other wise. "Why? Your being ridiculous, Karoline we are your FAMILY. You can't just drop us from your life like that." "I can, I'm a legal adult. I can do whatever I want. I had lived without you for 2 years."

Since then, the Kardashians had not spoken to Karoline nor seen her, but have kept tabs from Jonathan. Karoline stayed true to her word and had finally changed her last name legally to Toews, with the permission with Jon and his family. Andree and Bryan were understanding of the situation and gave Karoline the okay to change her name. With legal papers done in a matter of short weeks, Karoline Kardashian was no more, and Karoline Toews was made.


Karoline sat outside the balcony, staring at the dark skyline in front of her. It would be days like this, Karoline would think back on that day, and regretted going to L.A, and now, her baby was gone, her once baby bump was back to it’s flat state. Karoline had not slept in over three weeks, her mind still focused on the accident. When she was forced to leave the condo, paparazzi would shove their cameras in her face, caused a distress for the 23 year old. After that incident, she would never leave the condo, not even when Jon had a game.
After sitting outside for the majority of the day, Karoline finally stepped inside, and found no one in the large condo. Karoline walked to the end of the hallway and stopped in front of the closed door, with monkey’s dancing on it. Karoline’s trembling frail hand, gripped the door, slowly and agonizingly, turned the knob and pushed the door open. Neutral color of a pastel yellow adorned the walls, a hand painted tree with various animals sat on the corner, where stood a cherry oak crib with blankets and pillows still in it, unused and untouched. In the adjacent corner from the crib sat the rocking chair that Patrick Kane and Brent Seabrook made from scratch, in the seat, a small teddy bear sat still. Tears welled in Karoline’s eyes as she stood in the middle of the finished nursery, thinking in the next few months, she would’ve given birth to her baby girl, rocking her back and forth, singing her to sleep. But all of that was just a nightmare now, now she would just weep and grieve in the nursery wishing that that night would have never happened. Sobs left Karoline’s mouth as she sat on the rocking chair holding onto the tiny bear and crying uncontrollably.
Jonathan, who sat in the master bedroom, heard cries outside his door and sighed. Walking out the room, he saw a door that was always closed; now open and light shining from it. Jon’s eyes watered when he saw his girlfriend in the rocking chair, gripping the small teddy bear tightly as she cried her eyes out. Jon walked to the chair, lifted Karoline onto his lap, and just held her in his arms, tightening them around her as he said sang a special French lullaby softly in her ear. When the sobs had quieted down and breathing was evening out, Jon looked down to see Karoline finally asleep, he kept singing the tune as he looked around the room, taken in the finished nursery, and letting tears slip from his eyes, as he thought the same thing Karoline did. Instead of the unused and untouched items throughout the room, he would be holding his princess in his arms, rocking her to sleep every night. But all of that was just a dream to the couple now, as they both fell asleep in the nursery, wishing that their little girl were with them now.

1 week later.

Karoline sat in the living room with the TV on when Karoline all of sudden stiffened when she heard the announcer announce the wedding of Kim and Kris Humphries happening next week. “Kim Kardashian and Kris Humphries are going to have the wedding of the century, with everything and everyone into planning, the wedding will be one to remember.” Said the host. “The entire family is involved, except for Karoline. There are reports that Karoline had changed her last name after her accident, and had kept into the dark. There have been no reports on her appearance after a couple of weeks ago. But family sources say that she is still in Chicago. Will Karoline be at the wedding for her older sister, we won’t know until the wedding day.”
Karoline sat still motionless as the host moved onto something else, Kim was actually going through the wedding, Karoline was shocked and surprised that they are just moving on without her. Yeah, it may have been was she wanted, but she didn’t think they’d actually do it. Maybe it was her fault, but was it for the best choice?
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this is crap! I wrote this as a filler, I'm so stumped with homework right now, I'm studying for a test on monday. Hopefully after my test, I will be able to give you all a good chapter, maybe a little drama? I'm thinking about skipping the wedding and straight into the Family Therapy session. But I haven't decided.

Also, thankyou a million for reading and commenting! also I have reached 48 subscribers! 2 more till 50! :)
<3 elizabeth.