Sequel: Bright Lights
Status: In the Works :]

Keeping Up With Toews?

Chapter 14. Vision

Chicago’s Nightlife.
It was the night before Kim’s wedding and all of America acted as if it was the Royal Wedding. I had the t.v turned on E! And all they talked about was the stupid wedding. I had no idea on why I even cared, I guess cause a part of me is jealous or a part of me doesn’t want to see my sister walk down that aisle knowing that she’s making a big mistake. But I shouldn’t care right? I mean, I did shun them from my life. Heck, I even changed my last name legally to Toews. When the media had found out, they made a HUGE deal about it in Chicago. I mean, it was all over the magazines and newspapers. They had rumors about how Jon and I got hitched and a whole bunch of nonsense. The past few weeks had gone by in a blur I guess you can say. I had gotten back to my normal routine, I’m now about to start school in exactly 1 week, and my 24th birthday was coming up in a few days. I was least excited about that, because Jon said that he was going all out on my birthday.

“Karoline!” Someone yelled, pulling me from my thoughts, I looked to the doorway hall and saw Kaner and Bella-his serious girlfriend enter the condo. I smiled softly when I spotted the two, as they pulled their shoes off and came and sat in the living room with me. Jon went to the kitchen and grabbed a couple beers for the 4 of us. “So I hear someone is turning 24 in a couple of days.” Bella teased, I rolled my eyes and playfully shoved Bella.
Bella was Kaner’s now serious girlfriend, they’d been dating since June and had now officially became a serious couple this month, I was happy that Kaner had found someone who didn’t use him for his fame and money, and loved him for him. Bella was 21 and she was a art major along side me and worked as a intern for an art studio here in the city. When Kaner had introduced us, we immediately clicked and we were now really good friends.

“Shut up, it’s not even important, it’s just another year, another day.” I said as I took a sip of my beer. Jon had his large arm draped across my shoulders as his other arm was preoccupied with his beer in his hand. “It is important! It’s like one day where people pretty much worship you.” Bella replied as Kaner snorted, “Oh please Bell, she already has people worshiping her” Kaner butted in, I quickly grabbed the throw pillow and threw it straight into his face, “Yeah, okay Kaner, you had all of Chicago worship you cause you scored the Stanley Cup goal, and had the biggest ego known to man.” I shot back, “But that was like 2 years ago,” Kaner retracted, “I hope this season is another Cup. I missed having the cup in Chi-Town.” I told the group, all of them nodded, “This year is going to be a good one, with some new players, we have a pretty good chance this year.” Jon said bringing out his Captain side. “I sure hope so Captain, because just imagine the hot sex you and Karoline would have with Lord Stanley.” Bella said and I nearly spit out my beer and started coughing harshly, “BELLA!” I exclaimed, she and Kaner both busted out into a fit of giggles and nearly spilt their bottles onto the clean rug. Jon continued patting my back and his cheeks were bright red, “Kaner, your being inappropriate again.” Jon said using his Captain Serious tone, “Gotcha Captain.” The rest of the night was filled with jokes, laughter, and just good company for Jon, Pat, Bella and I.
NEXT MORNING;


Waking up this morning felt like a huge pile of bricks just hit me in the face, my head pounded like a bitch, and Jonathan was no where to be seen. I glanced to the side clock on the bedside table and read 3:45 p.m. I groaned and buried my face back into my pillow, a huge crash was heard from the kitchen, and I quickly got up to much protest and ran to see what was happening, “Kaner, you retard!” Bella yelled, Jon sat on the breakfast counter, his head on top of it, and Kaner and Bella in the kitchen holding a pan in each other’s hands. “What is going on?” I asked, all of them jumped and Kaner dropped the pan again, “Well I was trying to make you some food, when idiot over here bumped into the handle of the pan and knocked it off the stove.” Bella explained, “If miss priss over here hadn’t had the handle to where people can walk, then this would’ve never happened.” Kaner butted in, then the two went back to arguing, when I rolled my eyes and walked to Jon, I softly rubbed circles on his back, and he moved his head from the countertop to my shoulder burying his head in my neck. “Make them go away, I have a massive headache.” Jon whined quietly in my ear, I stifled a giggle and patted his head. “How’s this, why don’t we all just go out and eat an early dinner?” I suggested, the bickering couple stopped and looked towards me, Kaner shrugged his shoulders and Bella nodded. “That’s a great idea, but me and Kaner have to go home and shower first. I reek of beer.” “That’s fine, let’s meet at Frontera Grill at 6.” “Alright, then we’ll see you all later!” Bella said as she dragged Kaner out the door behind her.

Once the door quiet shut, Jon perked his head up from my shoulder, and gently picked me up bridal style and walked back to our bedroom.

“What time did you get up?” I asked Jon as he set me on the counter in the bathroom, He handed me my toothbrush and put toothpaste on both of ours. “Around 12. Those two woke up before I did though, I heard them bickering about what to cook, and I went in and just sat there.” I nodded as we both brushed our teeth in silence. After about an hour and a half of brushing our teeth, washing our faces and showering together, Jon carried me back into the bedroom and sat me down on the bed gently and walked to the walk-in closet. “You know, my legs are in perfect condition to walk on my own. Just throwing that out there.” Jon started rummaging through my side of the closet, picking up a hanger, looking at it for a couple of seconds before shaking his head, then putting it back, then continued doing this for like 5 minutes before he picked one of my white chiffon button up shirts, then picking out a pair of turquoise skinny jeans and my tan suede heels. I raised my eyebrows at his choice of outfit, “You do realize that we’re just going to lunch right?” I told him as he began picking out his outfit, which consisted up of a white v-neck, dark wash jeans, and his black classic Nikes. “Okay, who are you and what have you done to my non fashionable sensed boyfriend.” I joked, Jonathan shot me a playful glare and threw his shirt at me. “Okay miss I’m so fashionable.” He playfully shot back, “I’m the one who had the family full of fashionistas here Jon.”

My mouth turned into a frown when I realized I had mentioned my family. Tears threatened to spill as I hadn’t heard from my sisters or brother in months it seemed, Jon noticed the change of atmosphere and went to kneel infront of me. “Karoline, if you miss your family so much, why don’t you just call them? Let them know how you are.” I shook my head, “I can’t Jon. I said some unforgivable things and they’ll never forgive me.” I whimpered, “You’ll never know if they will until your try, call them, visit them. But do it before it’s really too late.” “I will, maybe, later tonight. But let’s just drop the conversation and let’s just enjoy the rest of today.” I told him, Jon nodded and pressed his lips gently to mine and we shared one of our many passionate kisses. He pulled away, and smiled softly at me. “I love you baby, and one day, sooner than you know it, I’ll be able to rightfully call you mine forever.” I blushed and we both got ready into our outfits that Jon had picked out, and headed out the door and into the lobby. It was 5:30 when we reached the doors, and our doorman Ben opened the door for us and bid us a good night.

“Let’s walk, It’ll be good for us.” I told Jon, he glanced at me unsure of my suggestion. “Are you sure? You do realize that your in heels right?” He told me, I shrugged my shoulders and just grabbed his hand into mine and led him out onto the sidewalk and began walking to Frontera.
The walk was nice, until I almost tripped from a rock and now Jon insisted he carry me the rest of the way. I protested, but Jon’s a freaking giant, and just picked me up on his back, and just ignored me the rest of the way. When we arrived at the café, Jon set me down before opening my door and headed to the hostess’ podium. “Hello, Welcome to Frontera! I’m assuming you’re with Mr. Kane and his party?” Jon and I looked at each other confused, “Yes,” I told her, she smiled and told us to follow her, when we reached the private area, we saw not just Kaner and Bella, but the guys and their respectful partner. I smiled softly when I spotted Patrick, Abby, Duncan, Kelly, Brent and Emma. I went to that side of the table first, hugging them and giving them a hello and kiss on the cheek. When I looked to the other side, I saw a group who I’ve never seen on the team before. “Now that Captain is here, and the Miss, let’s do the rookie introductions!” Kaner yelled, I saw Jon sat down next to Duncan, and there was an empty seat between Kelly and Abby, I quickly went to the seat and sat down. Once situated, I looked to who sat infront of me and saw the familiar Sweden face.

“Viktor! I didn’t see you!” I told him, he laughed “Well, you were too engrossed with the couples over on your side.” He joked, I playfully kicked his leg and glared at him, then next to Viktor, was Nikolas and his Swedish girlfriend Anna. “Anna! I didn’t see you either! I think my vision is going bad.” Anna laughed and shook her head, “It’s fine Karoline. How are you?” “I’m doing fine, and how about you? When are you finally going to move to the states?” I asked her as a waitress was going around taking orders. “It’s well, I’m hoping to move here within the year, I’m finished with University over in Sweden and I’m going to get my American Visa soon.” “Yay! I’m excited.” I told her, the waitress came towards me and I quickly looked down on the menu and decided to get a margarita. “What would you like for beverage?” “I’ll get a strawberry margarita, two shots of vodka.” She jotted down my order and continued down the line. Kelly raised her eyebrows and looked at me, “What?” “I’ve never took you as the vodka girl Kar.” “I’ve drank before, it’s just I do it in the comfort of my home.” I told her, which is true, the only time I’ve ever drank alcohol was in house parties or the condo. I never drank at the clubs but only bottled waters. “Did you hear that there opening a new nightclub on Avenue?” Abby said to the group of us girls that were in range of earshot. “Yeah, its like called ‘Vision’. There’s like supposedly 4 levels.” Kelly said, I looked between them clueless of the conversation. It had been awhile since I’ve been to a club. “Let’s check it out tonight!” Anna exclaimed, the two others agreed and looked to me, I gave them a look. “You guys know how I feel about noisy nightclubs. Plus, I’m not properly dressed.” I complained. But of course they didn’t have it and Kelly made an announcement, “After dinner, we’re hitting up Vision tonight!” Kaner and the rest of the guys all whooped, I looked to Jon and he had a tiny smile. I pleaded with my doogy eyes praying that he’ll get us out of it and just shook his head. I pouted and crossed my arms like a little girl. “Oh come on little miss!” Abby nudged my side; Kelly then proceeded to pinch my cheeks and started talking to me in a baby voice. I slapped her hands away and gave in, “Fine, but I’m not dealing with any of you drunkies. Last time I had to deal with bringing back Kaner wasted and it was NOT fun.”
The dinner lasted until pretty much 10:00 all of us too engrossed into conversations with the table, the boys talked about the pre-season and then talked about how the cup was coming back to Chicago this season. Us girls, talked about Maddy, Duncan’s foundation, and my schooling. Abby, Kelly and Anna all thought we should open our own clothing line and opening a store, since we “have such a fashionable taste in clothes.”
After our plates were cleared and plans were made, everyone all piled into cars and headed out to the new nightclub, Jon and I rode with Kelly and Duncan on the way there. “I’m the designated driver tonight.” I yelled in the car, everyone laughed and agreed. “I’m pretty sure we won’t need one, I think me and Duncan might leave around 1.” I looked to Jon and suggested we do the same. We all agreed on the time and finally arrived at the new club, it was already packed, with the bass pumping. When we got out at VIP, there were some shouts to the guys as soon as the line recognized that it was the Blackhawks. When we got inside, the manager was already there and leading us to the VIP floor, giving it to us free. I raised my eyebrows at the VIP room, it had it’s own bar, and there was multiple couches and tables surrounding the area, there was a glass separating us from the dance floor and it was already crowded. “Baby, do you want a bottle water?” Jon asked me as we got the bar, I shook my head and told him to get me whatever he was getting. We both ordered two bottles of beer and went to sit on the couch next to Kelly and Duncan, the others in our group slowly disappeared onto the dance floor and I just sat back into the couch, my back to Jon’s chest. We both just sipped our beer, listening to the DJ spin his music. After finishing our beers, Kelly, Abby, Bella, and Anna grabbed my arms and made me go onto the dance floor, the DJ started playing some techno mixes and I just decided what the hell, and let loose. We were so into the music, I didn’t feel a pair of arms circle around my waist, I suddenly froze when I realized that these arms didn’t feel like Jon’s. I turned and I was right when I saw that it was a complete drunk guy holding onto me, he breathed in my face and it reeked of vodka. “Hey baby, how about we ditch this place and head back to my place.” He slurred, I tried to get out of his grip when it suddenly tightened, I tried looking for the girls, but they were no where to be seen, I looked to the VIP area and saw Jon talking to Duncan. “Let me go, I have a boyfriend.” I yelled at him, but this only made him tighten his grip even more. “And where is this boyfriend? If I were your boyfriend I would never leave you out of my sight.” I kept on struggling in his hold trying to get free. He let one of his arms loose, and pushed my face towards his. Before his nasty lips could touch mine, I was suddenly free from his grip. I looked to my hero and saw Jon. He had shoved the guy away from me and wrapped his arm protectively around my waist. “Don’t touch her you mother fucker.” He growled, the guy tried to swing at Jon but a security guard stopped it. “I don’t think so buddy,” he told him and he easily picked the guy up from his shirt, and stalked him to the entrance. I hugged onto Jon tightly and gripped his shirt. He walked me to the VIP room, and we both sat down on the couch, “I’m so sorry, I was talking to Duncs when I saw that guy around you.” He whispered in my ear as he rubbed my back softly. “I tried to get away from him, but he had me gripped tightly.” I whimpered. “It’s okay, let’s just head home.” I nodded and we told Duncan and Kelly that we were going to head home, the two nodded sympathetically and told us to get home safe and that they’ll tell the others. We bid them goodnight and headed out to the entrance, the bouncer hailed us a cab and we made our journey back to our home.
When we arrived, Jon paid the driver, and we both made our way to the elevator. The whole time Jon had me tucked under his arm, and held me tightly.
“I’m sorry this happened tonight baby,” Jon apologized, “It wasn’t your fault, I was just not being aware of my surroundings.” I told him as we both entered the shower together, getting the stench of alcohol and the club off of us. After showering we got dressed in our pajamas and both got into bed curling up beside each other. Jon pressed his lips to my forehead and we both fell into a deep slumber.
♠ ♠ ♠
I think I would be good with on updating on Monday's and Friday's. Wednesday is just a day where I do all of my homework, so be expecting them on Monday and Friday! Also, I've reached over 50 subscribers and you guys are absolutely AMAZING.
Now only if we can get to 40 comments by Monday would be even BETTER.
I love all of you!
Keep commenting, subscribing, and reading!
<3