Sequel: Bright Lights
Status: In the Works :]

Keeping Up With Toews?

Chapter 16. Oh baby, we're getting married.

Chapter 16. Live While We’re Young.

Breaking News: Chicago Blackhawks Captain proposes to longtime girlfriend and the last line of the Kardashian name, Karoline Kardashian/Toews. Yesterday, Toews (24) proposed to Kardashian (24) last night at her surprise birthday party, said guests were the some teammates and close friends and family. But the real surprise is, where was mom Kris and oldest sister Kim? The two were spotted in New York City and a close source said that Kim and Kris were not aware of the party until someone had tweeted a picture of the party from the view to the private room. This morning, Kim tweeted, “I can’t believe someone who’s your family wouldn’t want to be apart of something special. I hope you don’t forget where you come from or who raised you.” The tension between Kim and Karoline was from at least 2 months ago, where Karoline was involved in a fatal accident, killing her unborn child. Footage from the show had shown clips of Kim’s engagement to Knicks basketball player Kris Humphries, where Karoline had outburst and stormed out the house, ending up causing to tear the family apart. It’s been reported that after the accident, Karoline had told family that she will no longer be apart of the Kardashian name, which Karoline had legally changed her last name to Toews shortly after discharge from the hospital in Los Angeles. No word from the Kardashians or Toews’ representative yet, hoping to have a statement soon, it’s back to you Ryan.
Click


Khloe’s POV:

“I can’t believe this is happening,” I said as me and Kourtney just turned off the television in the living room. This morning when we woke up, our phones have been going off the hook with calls from Kim and Mom. Bruce was getting grilled from mom on why she went behind her back. Kim started crying as she felt ‘hurt’ that she wasn’t apart of this and how she felt betrayed. “Kim, seriously, this isn’t about you.” Kourtney said into the receiver. “I can’t believe you guys would go behind mine and mom’s back and just go to Chicago! It’s rude, and it’s hurtful.” Kim cried, “You know why we didn’t want you to go, you haven’t made effort in trying to contact Karoline nor did you invite her to the wedding, she may have told all of us to stay out of her life, but she’s still your blood sister and you were rude in not even sending her an invitation.” Kourtney explained, she rolled her eyes as Kim cried out even more. My head couldn’t take anymore, so I left Kourtney on the couch, and went to the kitchen where I saw Kendall, Kylie, Rob, and Lamar.
“What’s the damage control?” Rob asked as he ate his breakfast. “Kim’s bawling thinking it’s all about her, and Mom is grilling Bruce with the same thing.” I explained taking a sip of my orange juice. “I can’t believe the news found out, I didn’t think anyone noticed us,” Kendall sighed, “That’s the joys of people,” I replied, I slumped my shoulders as a knock was heard at the door, Lamar stood up from his seat, and answered the door, “Morning guys,” I heard Lamar say, as I looked up from the table, I saw a very sad Karoline. “Kare Bear, why the face.” I asked in my baby voice, she frowned and sat on my lap, “Did you read Kim’s tweet? It’s like a stab in the heart, also I can’t believe the news already found out about the engagement, I didn’t think they would catch on so easily.” She explained, I nodded my head about the tweet and the news. “Kourtney is actually talking to Kim right now, and mommy dearest is grilling Bruce about going behind her back.” I told her, she groaned and stuck her head on my shoulder like a little toddler, “I hate this,” she mumbled, I patted her back and gently rubbed her arms. “I know sweetie, but that’s Kim Kardashian and Kris Jenner for ya.” Karoline got up from my lap, and went and sat on Jon’s. When Karoline wrapped her arms around Jon, I saw her engagement ring, sitting on her finger, shining against the lights.
“So what did you two do last night after the party?” I asked trying to lighten the mood, “Well, we just went back to the condo, and I fell asleep.” Karoline replied with a tint of blush on her cheeks. “Fell asleep naked? With Jonathan wrapped around you?” I inquired, Jon cleared his throat and he shifted a little uncomfortably. “Khloe! Not in front of Kendall and Kylie!” Bruce yelled entering the kitchen, he saw Karoline and kissed the top of her head, “Morning Karoline, Jonathan.” “Morning Brucey,” Karoline replied, “What did mom say?” Bruce sighed, “You know, she makes me feel sick, she yelled at me for the past hour telling me that I was irresponsible, going behind her back, yada yada.” He explained, Karoline sighed, “I feel so bad now, I didn’t want you guys to go through all this trouble just to come to my birthday.” Bruce rubbed her back softly, “Karoline, it was your birthday and surprisingly also your engagement. You deserve happiness and those who love you there. Plus, if I wasn’t here, how else would Jon know what ring to pick for you?” he joked. “How much was the ring any way?” she asked, “That my darling, is something us men can not share.” Bruce said crossing his arms, “You men, always being so secretive. But you know I can always just look on the website and see the amount of it.” Karoline played, and Bruce just chuckled. “When does the planning start you two?” Karoline stole a piece of toast from Rob’s plate and bit a nice chunk out of the toast. “Well, I really want to do all the planning by myself, but I was hoping you guys would help too? I told Jon that we should at least wait for a year before we get married, and of course after hockey season. I mean, I have pretty good idea on my bridal party, and Jon does too.” She explained, laughs filled the kitchen as Karoline rambled on. Kourtney then came in with a still sleepy Mason and Scott. “Well look who finally decided to join all of us.” Bruce teased, “How was the call from Kim?” Kourtney rolled her eyes dramatically, “She cried the WHOLE time. I just sat there listening to her ramble on about stupid stuff.” “It’s always the same with her, she feels victimized in the whole situation.” Everyone nodded, and we all just enjoyed the atmosphere around us, not have to worry about anything for now. But I knew when we all step into L.A we’ll be hounded and hopefully stay alive.
2 DAYS LATER:
KAROLINE POV:
“I’m going to miss you guys!” I cried as I hugged everyone tightly, “Just call us every day and we’ll be fine.” Rob joked as he pulled me in a bone-crushing hug. I playfully smacked his head as he let go and waved bye as he stepped into the jet. “Thankyou Bruce for coming and helping Jon pick the ring.” I told him, he side hugged me and kissed the top of my head, “Karoline, you don’t have to thank me. I’m just happy you came back to us. I love you, and so does your family. Call me and we can talk more about those golf events Jonathan.” I laughed as Bruce and Jon did their manly hug and stepped on the plane after Rob. “Kendall, Kylie, I seriously wish you guys stop growing, you’re all tall now, by the time the wedding comes, you’ll be the height of Lamar!” I joked, they both hugged me but didn’t let go until they had snapped pictures, “These are so going on twitter and instagram!” I laughed as the followed suit behind Bruce. “When you guys land, and hopefully if you’re still alive, after the wrath of Kimmy and Krissy, then call me.” I told them, they all hugged me and Mason gave me a tight squeeze and sloppy kiss on my mouth, and they all stepped onto the plane. I smiled sadly as I waved at them, the plane already moving. Jon wrapped his arm around my waist as we both watched them fly off into the sky. We didn’t leave until the jet was high in the sky.

“What now?” Jon asked as he drove off and onto the route to the condo. “I don’t know, I guess we can go ahead and start planning, like the venue, church, guests, etc. Except for the date, we’ll save that until we really decide on it.” I told him, “Also, we can go ahead and I can craft these little wooden boxes to the guys and girl asking them to be in the wedding, do you have at the top of your head that you’ll want?” He grabbed my left hand and toyed my ring, “Yeah, David will be my best man, T.J, Kaner, Sharpy, Seabs, Nik, your brother Rob, Scott, and Lamar.” My eyes widened in surprise that he would include my family. “Why?” I asked simply curious. “Their your family Kare, and soon to be mine.” I smiled at his response and leaned over the middle console and gave him a peck on the cheek. “I love you.” I told him, he turned his towards me with a smile that made me melt-still does-and took his right hand that held mine, to my face and caressed my face. I smiled and leaned into his hand and finally, I felt that everything in my life was going right for once.

Jonathan parked the Tahoe in the garage, and we both made our ways up to the condo. The whole way up, Jonathan kept me close to his side, kissing me and rubbing my sides. It felt comforting, I felt safe in his arms.

When we entered the condo, I saw a familiar pink bag with pink tissue paper sticking from the bag. I groaned when I saw Khloe’s handwriting on the envelope. “I’m going to kill her.” I said to myself. I slowly opened the envelope and read the letter.

“Just think of this as a engagement present. Congratulations, and show Jonny Boy the wild side of Karoline Kardashian. Love Khloe and Kourtney.” I set down the letter, and cautiously grabbed the lingerie out of the bag, I let out a big sigh as I observed the barely there red lace bra and thong set. I heard a whistle behind me and I slowly turned around to see Jon leaning against the hallway wall. “Remind me to thank Khloe and Kourtney.” He said while letting out an airy laugh, “Remind me to kill them the next time we see each other,” I said seriously, Jon shook his head, and walked towards me, grabbing the lacey lingerie, and grabbed my face in both my hands, and kissed me furiously.

“How about I remind you to scream my name?” Jon said huskily in my ear, he lifted my legs, and I wrapped them around his wait, and made his way to our bedroom, and began our engagement activities.
♠ ♠ ♠
So this is short, i'm sorry! I've been studying non-stop for my first college exams! I'm nervous, I've got a biology a&p, medical terminology, nutrition, college pre-cal, and chemistry exams and I'm superrrrr nervous! So I hope you enjoy this chapter! I promis you that the next chapter will be better! Just please bare with me! <3
Subscribe, Comment, and Recommend!
Love all my subsribers and feedbackers!
-Elizabeth.