Sequel: Bright Lights
Status: In the Works :]

Keeping Up With Toews?

Chapter 20: Confessions

Karoline stood with Abby, Kelly, Emma, and Belle at the airport waiting for the boys charter plane to arrive back at O’Hare. Karoline was holding a very tired Maddy, as she talked to Belle in hushed tones, “Did you tell him yet?” Karoline asked, “No, I haven’t yet. I thought it’d be best to do it in person rather than over the phone.” Belle answered, scared of the outcome. “Just as long as you do it, I’m sure Patrick would understand, but just don’t let it happen again Belle. You’re one of my good friends and I’d hate to see it slip away from us.” Karoline admitted, Belle nodded and let Karoline’s words sink in, hoping that in the end, nothing would come to that. “Boys are arriving!” Elina yelled as she and Christina-Viktor’s girlfriend saw a big group headed towards their direction. Karoline gave a knowing glance towards Belle as the girls allowed her to step in front of the group, so she could greet Captain.
When Jon first came into sight, he smiled a thousand watts and quickly fastened his pace as Karoline did the same, now with Maddy out of her arms. She fully charged to Jon, jumped on him, and wrapped her small legs around his waist and gave him a longing kiss that Jon quickly responded.
The girls then went to their significant others, enjoying the warmth of each other’s bodies, and giving each other a welcome home kiss. But for Belle and Kaner, that was a different story, Belle slowly walked up to a happy Patrick, and slowly hugged him, remembering every inch of him, enjoying his touch before it was quickly taken away from her.
“What’s wrong?” Patrick asked picking up on the weird vibe. Belle shook her head “It’s something I’d rather discuss at the condo.” She whispered, Patrick gave Belle a confused look, but agreeing that they would walk at home.
The groups dispersed into their respective cars and drove home; ready to enjoy their week break.
On the way home, Belle wrangled her hands in her lap, as her leg bounced up and down in nervousness, “Okay, Belle, seriously what’s wrong? You’re usually so happy that I’m home.” Patrick asked with worry in his tone, Belle’s eyes saddened as tears were threatening to spill. “I am happy, it’s just I’m so stressed over midterms. That’s all.” Belle covered, Patrick nodded and parked in the garage. “Don’t worry babe, you’ll do awesome on midterms.” Patrick replied. The pair got Patrick’s bags and headed into the comfort of their home, but the guilt feeling in Belle’s stomach was beginning to eat her up if she didn’t tell Patrick soon.
Back at Karoline and Jonathan’s condo, things were more light and happy. “I’m so glad you’re home. Those were the worst two weeks in my life.” Karoline exaggerated, “Tell me about it, two weeks without having sex with you was unbearable,” Jon joked; Karoline glared towards him as she walked into their bedroom. “You shouldn’t have said that, now we won’t have Welcome Home Sex.” Karoline rebutted; Jon shook his feverishly. “No! NO! I’m kidding, I missed you, I missed waking up next to you, holding you, kissing you.” Jon said as he stared into Karoline’s warm chocolate eyes. Karoline smirked seductively, “Good, because the only thing I missed, was your big ass.” A big smack echoed the room as she playfully smacked Jon’s ass, Jon growled and picked Karoline up from the waist, threw her on the bed, and the two of them spent the whole evening having their ‘Welcome Home Sex’.
THE NEXT MORNING.
Waking up, Jon glanced down to the sleeping girl in his arms and smiled to himself, ‘last night was amazing’ Jon thought to himself, he looked towards the clock on the bedside table and saw that it was just a little past 11:30, deciding he would cook Karoline breakfast, he slowly and carefully got out of bed and crept into the kitchen to prepare Karoline food.
Waking up not only 30 minutes later, Karoline slowly opened her eyes and reached out to only feel emptiness next to her. She raised her head up from her pillow to be indeed correct and that Jon was no longer in bed, she was about to put her head back down when she heard the vibrations from Jon’s iPhone. Deciding that it was probably Sharpie or one of the guys, she crawled to where the phone was and picked it up, with confused eyes, she saw none of the guys name but a familiar ‘Gabrielle Velasquez’ instead. Sliding the lock on the screen, the text popped up in a grey bubble,
G: Hey, last night’s phone call was amazing, who knew you still had it in you big boy ;)
Karoline quickly scrolled up to the top of his messages, and read them all, saw all the pictures, and she was disgusted.
forming, and a weird feeling in the pit of her stomach. Moments later, Karoline heard Jon’s footsteps in the hallway, but her body didn’t move, she didn’t acknowledge that Jon stood before her, a tray of pancakes and toast, and calling her name, no she didn’t pay attention, instead she paid attention to the name from the phone.
Jonathan gave Karoline a confused look as to why she didn’t look up, when Jon put down the tray and stepped closer, he saw his white iPhone in front of her, it vibrated and he squinted his eyes to see a name he hasn’t remembered in over 2 years. Jon widened his eyes, and his heart nearly stopped.
“Karoline,” Jon whispered, his hand on her shoulder. The sudden contact seemed to knock Karoline from her thoughts and looked straight into Jon’s eyes, “It’s not what you think.” He explained, Karoline just stared at him, not knowing what to do or think, “I haven’t spoken to Gabriella in over 2 years,” Karoline’s eyes quickly turned into rage, “Two years? You guys talked the whole road trip! I saw the pictures, the messages, the phone calls. Jon, how could you?!” By now, Karoline had gotten out of bed, and standing far away from Jon, fists clenching by her sides. Betrayal and hurt flashed through her body. “Tell me the truth, how long.” Karoline demanded, Jon looked down to the ground and mumbled, “What? Speak up Jon.” “When you were in the accident.” Karoline’s tears spilt down her cheeks, hitting the wooden floors. “I stopped talking to her after you got back to your original routine.” Sobs escaped her small body and dropped to the ground, Jon quickly ran towards her, but only to be pushed away. “Stay away from me.” Karoline sobbed, quickly picking herself up; she left the condo in a haste, and grabbed a cab to the Sharp’s residence. Jon cursed to himself and felt his heart breaking; he slid down to the floor and clutched the small engagement ring in his hand. “What have I done?” Jon said out loudly.
After telling the taxi driver to hold on, she softly knocked on the Sharp’s door, quiet sobs leaving her small body. Opening the door, Patrick Sharp was surprised, confused, and worried as to way one of his close friends was standing infront of his home, tears streaming down her face. “Karol? What happened?” Patrick asked, “I’ll explain later, but could you lend me fifteen dollars?” Karoline said her voice coarse from crying, Patrick ushered her inside, and grabbed his wallet from the door table and went to give the driver $20.
Abby came down from the hallway to see Karoline sitting on the couch, her head buried in her hands, and Patrick rubbing her shoulders. “Patrick? Karoline? Honey what’s wrong?” Abby asked as she sat next to Karoline. Getting herself together she replayed the event that happened this morning. “That son of a bitch!” Patrick yelled as he stood up charging for his phone. “No, please. I don’t want him to know I’m here.” Karoline said, grabbing Patrick’s arm. Patrick’s rage dispersed as he saw the broken look on her face, sitting back down, he rubbed her shoulder lightly, “What are you going to do now?” Karoline shrugged her shoulders, “I think it’s best if I move back to L.A.” With those words said, the two Sharp’s hearts broke into a million pieces, not wanting their sweet and loving friend to leave them. “What about school? You’re almost done Karoline, you can move here, or with Elina and Niklas, just please don’t leave us.” Abby protested, Karoline shook her head ‘no’. “I can’t, it would just remind me of him. I can’t even trust him anymore because he lied to me, Abby. I would’ve been more understanding and not rash if he would’ve just told me the truth.” The condo was silent but the occasional sob. “Karoline, please. Think about your schooling, and just try and talk it out with Jon. You two have been together for 2 years, do you really want to throw away that? Just talk to him, let him explain to you, and if you still feel like you can’t, then we’ll understand if you want to leave, but please.” By then Karoline had resumed crying, and there was nothing that could stop it. It comes to show that anything can change in a flash of a second.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, I changed my mind on ending this with Chapter 20.
I'm possibly am going to limit this to 25-30 chapters. I am free from homework and studying, I've done awesome on my first college exams and I'm excited to tell you that I aced them! :), so expect a chapter on Friday!
Remember, Subscribe, Comment, Reccommend!
I love you all for keeping on reading this story and baring with me!
<3
Elizabeth.