Status: Finished!

You Don't Know Me

five

"He's sick?" Taylor asked setting his bag down on the floor.

"Yah" I replied, "Came out of nowhere, I don't think it will last long"

"You don't think he'll be playing tomorrow?" he asked grabbing a plate from the cupboard.

"He has no energy" I replied, "And it will take time for him to get it back, he just needs to sleep, I think the worst of it is over. The entire time you were gone...it was bad"

I heard the door open and he emerged from his room.

"Stay away!" Taylor said grabbing his plate, "Plague!"

"Fuck off" Jordan mumbled sitting down on the couch.

"You're so immature Taylor, God" I replied taking a bite of spaghetti.

"Dude, I can't afford to get sick, you know bad I get when I'm sick"

"Please don't get him sick Jordy" I replied, "He's such a baby"

"Not what I meant" he huffed.

I just smiled and sat down at the island, "Get any sleep Jordan?"

"A bit" he replied, "Stomach's not sick anymore"

"Well that's a good sign, I still doubt you should play tomorrow, you just don't know how that will spread"

He just nodded, "Don't plan on playing, team doesn't need that"

"Such a good teammate you are" I smiled.

"Oh I try"

--

I woke up in my room and looked at my phone, and it was only 5am. I turned over and felt my stomach turn, "No no, not now" I stood up and ran into the bathroom, and you can guess what happened next.

I heard footsteps and someone stop behind me, "You okay Jules?" I turned to see Taylor rubbing his eyes and adjusting to the light.

"Does it look like I'm alright?" I asked sticking my head in the toilet again. I sat back and he kneeled down to my level, resting his hand on my forehead, "Seems this virus is highly contagious"

"Ugh, you better steer clear" I told him, "I don't need you sick too"

"Try and shower, and I'll get some stuff for you before I go to the gym. But Jordan's here too if you need him"

"Thanks Tay"

I stripped down, immediately throwing my clothes into the hamper and stepping into the shower. It felt like I was in there for an hour, but it felt perfect. I came out, wrapped a towel around me and then realized my clothes were in the hamper, and that I didn't bring clean ones with me.

Smart move Julie.

I stepped out, looking around to make sure no one was out of their room. I quickly stepped out, tip toeing across the apartment back to my room, except I wasn't quick enough. Jordan opened his door as I was halfway across, and in that moment I wanted to disappear.

"Uh..." his mouth hung open and I felt my stomach turn again.

"Shit" I said putting one hand over my mouth and running to the bathroom barely holding onto my towel. I made it just in time, throwing up again.

"I got you sick?" he asked stepping into the bathroom.

"Seems that way" I replied, "But I'd really like to go to bed" I said slowly standing up, pulling the towel closer and tighter.

"Sorry..."

I brushed past him and went to my room, changing into a pair of sweats and an Oilers t-shirt. I went to the kitchen and grabbed myself a glass of ginger ale.

"Julie, I'm sorry" I turned around quickly and almost spilled my drink all over him.

"Fuck can you not do that? Next time I'll end up puking on you" I snapped.

He just sighed, "Sorry.."

"For what?"

"For everything. I shouldn't have forced that on you. I just--I might--fuck" he mumbled.

"We're okay Jordy. Friends?"

He rubbed his neck nervously and pursed his lips, "Uh, yah friends" he tried to smile but it didn't come out very well.

"I'm sorry Jordan" I said quietly. I stood up on my toes and kissed his cheek gently, "I need to sleep though" I walked past him, and tried to ignore his scent, but it was always the best thing about him. He always smelled so good, as creepy as that sounds.

"You want to stay out here?" he asked, "With me?"

I clenched my teeth and turned around, "Jordy, I don't want to get sick...all over you, plus, I'll just sleep"

"That's okay..."

I grabbed my hoodie from my room and pulled it over my head, "Fine, as long as your lap is available"

"Only for you"

I couldn't help but smile at his response and I followed him to the couch, and rested my head on his lap. The Gravol was starting to work, and it wasn't long before I was half asleep, but my phone vibrating woke me up again.

I grabbed it quickly before he could, just in case, and I'm glad I did. It was Magnus, and I immediately smiled at his message:

Heard you were sick, hope you feel better soon.

"Who was it?" he asked as I shoved it into my pocket this time.

"No one" I replied closing my eyes and lying back down on his lap again. I felt his hand gently brush a piece of hair from my face and I immediately reached up and grabbed it, intertwining his fingers with mine. Maybe the Gravol was taking an effect, or maybe there was something else.

Jordan and I could only be described in one way, Friendship is certainly the finest balm for the pangs of disappointed love. One of my favorite quotes from Jane Austen's Northanger Abbey, yes I am a book nerd. It's not something I like to boast about.

Jordan and I could have a chance, if we hadn't have started off in a fling like we did, and if Magnus wasn't in the picture...