‹ Prequel: A Lot of Potential
Sequel: You Are My Only One

Show My Cards, Gave You My Heart

Dull and Dark

Haley's POV:

Everything seemed so dull and dark behind my eyelids. I was frozen. I couldn't move. It was absolutely terrifying to me. Nor could I remember anything that put me into this state. Hell, I couldn't even remember who I was.

I could hear my surroundings well. Soft whispers and mumbles throughout the room and eyes burning holes into my skin. I could also feel someone holding my hand too. It was warm and comforting, though I had no idea who it was. I had managed to gather names of people who were in the room. Alex, Jack, Matt, Kay, and Madalynn. Though I didn't know whose voice was whose. Nor could I place their faces in my mind.

Their conversations seemed gloomy. Though I couldn't show emotion, I wanted to scream. Scream out and let them know that their gloominess was effecting me deeply. But I couldn't. I was absolutely frozen in the state I was in. I was lucky to only be able to move a finger at times! I would remain in this state for awhile by what the doctors had told the people around me. Now I would just lay here in this rut.

The soft whispers and mumbles grew louder now. I focused all I could on the conversation. "Alex, we can't cancel." a voice said.

"Matt, why? She needs me! I just can't leave her side!" a voice really close to me croaked.

"Don't be so sentimental Alex. We've canceled so much this year and we just can't do it anymore. Her keeping away the fact she was pregnant from everyone really fucked it all over. I canceled it the first time and rescheduled. I'm sorry Lex, but you're gonna have to go."

"Matt, there has to be some way around this." a female voice said. "You know how tough it's going to be on everyone? Majorly Alex? He's the voice of the band."

"Alex, don't get upset with me man, I'm just trying to prove a point.. But he's a mess without her, Matt. She's his wife! She's the thing that keeps him grounded. You see what happened when she left him in August. It's just gonna be the same thing all over again. And it's just going to be rougher with Madalynn. I agree with Kay, there has to be some way around this." another voice softly spoke.

"Look Jack, I've already tried. There's no way around it. We've cancelled too many tours in this year that we can't anymore. And it's just a month. Plus, you've got a week until this tour starts, she may wake up in between now and then. So just relax and work on new material for the new album, Alex." the first voice mumbled. "I'm going home now. Jack, Kay, if you need a ride, you better be in my car before I leave." it said. There was a door opening and closing loudly and silence fell through the room.

"Alex, bro, we're gonna work something out, I swear. If it means going on strike and missing flights, we'll do what we gotta do. I promise."

"Thanks Jack."

"No problem bro. Call if you need anything." the boy Jack said, leaving the room with the female.

Now things were absolutely silent. The only sound I could hear was the jagged breathing of the boy called Alex, who was setting at my side. He still held onto my hand tightly, placing kisses over my fingers. "Haley, baby, why? Please baby, give me a sign you can hear me. Wiggle a finger or something. I know you can do it, love. Please!" he pleaded, now crying into my hand.

Alex's POV:

I broke down finally. After three days of holding it all in, I finally broke down. The doctors said she was in a deep coma and it's a slim chance that she'd make it. She had massive swelling to her brain where she had banged her head while falling down the stairs. She did the best thing she could in order to save our baby girl from tragedy, and if that meant throwing herself in harm's way, she would.

I swore to god I heard a small sigh escape her lips. Maybe it was just me, I couldn't tell. I just wanted something out of her. A flick of a finger, a twitch of some sort. God, please! I was becoming more and more hysterical by the moment.

I pulled back to wipe away the tears from my face, but I never let go of her hand. I hid my face in the palm of my hand and still softly cried. I felt two tiny taps on my hand and my head snapped up, more tears falling from my eyes with joy. She had actually responded. She could actually hear me.

"Baby, I love you so much. Please wake soon." I kissed her hand numerous amounts of times. "I need a shower. I will be back as soon as possible, I promise babe. I love you." I stood from my chair and kissed her clammy forehead. I stroked her cheek and stared at her hand before I let go of it. My hand now felt cold as I was exiting the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
hi
comment & subscribe.