‹ Prequel: A Lot of Potential
Sequel: You Are My Only One

Show My Cards, Gave You My Heart

Reunion

Haley's POV:

Everything was bright and it made my eyes hurt. I squeezed them shut, trying to return back to the dark, painless place I was in. I had a tube shoved down my throat which made my condition more uncomfortable. My wrists were tied up by restrains. I was absolutely terrified that I didn't know where I was.

I opened my eyes and saw three people running at me. Doctors and nurses running to my aid. They took out the tube from my throat and removed my wrists from the restraints, also inducing medicine into my IV. Pain started to slowly fade as all was done.

"Ma'am, do you remember your name?" a woman asked me. I flinched away from her. The sound of her voice hurt my ears. "Ma'am, please answer me." she spoke softer this time.

"I-I don't know." I whimpered, the sound my own voice shocking me.

"That's what I was afraid of." she nodded. They left me alone in the room for a moment before another woman walked in.

"Haley?!" she softly spoke.

"Who is Haley?!" I panicked.

"That's you, sweetheart."

"Then who are you?!"

"I'm your mom. Calm down, hun. Alex is on his way." she patted my arm. I flinched away and stared at her.

"Who is Alex?" I asked her.

"Alex is your husband, Haley."

"Why don't I remember?"

"Because hun. You hit your head about a month ago and you've been in a coma. You've lost your memory, but it will return eventually. I know everything seems so new, but you're going to have to cope with us." she smiled. "Alex was at the airport here in Baltimore forty five minutes ago. He's coming as soon as he can."

Before I could say anything else, the door pushed open very loudly, scaring the hell out of me. A little shriek escaped my lips as I hid from whatever came through. I peeked through my fingers, seeing a familiar face. The boy from my dark, vivid dreams. His smile was recognizable to my memory, though I didn't know the sound of his voice.

He walked closer to me, reaching out for my hand. Nervously, I let him hold it. He had brought it to his lips, placing small, delicate, kisses on my fingers. "Baby, it's good to see you." he said with a small smile that was concealing pure excitement. His voice was smooth as velvet and his gestures were warm. I felt a little more secure.

"Al-ex?" I whispered.

"Yes baby! It's me, Alex." he nodded. "I've missed you so, so much."

"I think I missed you too." I responded.

He laughed and kissed my hand again. "I know you don't remember anything, love."

"Why don't I?"

Alex's POV:

I sighed and put on a smile for her. "I'll explain it all to you later, baby. Right now, you should rest, okay?"

"I'll leave you two alone for a few minutes." Amanda said, swiftly exiting the room. I sat on the edge of her hospital bed, still hand in hand.

"But I wanna know why." Haley fretted.

"Don't fret, love. You fell down the stairs a couple months ago. You hit your head pretty hard on a step when you fell. You were trying to protect Madalynn-"

"Madalynn?"

"Our daughter."

"Where- where is she?" her face lit up.

"She's with my parents. She's sick and tired. Your mom told me that you couldn't remember anything. I didn't want to put everything down on top of you." I explained, looking over her hand. Her ring finger looked bare without that diamond ring there.

"Oh."

"Haley, I love you." I opened my arms to hug her. She was hesitant before taking her place in my arms. At first she was uneasy about doing it but after a moment she relaxed. She wrapped her arms tightly around me and hid herself in my chest.

"These feelings seem familiar." she said, her voice being muffled by my shoulder.

"What feelings?"

"They're hard to explain." she took in a deep breath. "I love you." she whispered.

"I love you too, baby." I pulled back and moved my head just right so our faces were inches away. I leaned in and brought our lips together, keeping it short and easy at first. After a moment, she recognized the feeling of my lips on hers, and returned the kiss in a fierce manor. "I'm really glad you're back." I kissed her one more time. "Thanks." I whispered, looking up at the ceiling, directing that thank you to my brother and guardian angel.
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter is no bueno. hahah. Sorry it sucked. Their reunion is slightly cute. :)
Comment & Subscribe.