We're All Strangers in This World

Snap

Frank's POV

“It's okay, I talk to myself sometimes.”

'Oh, now you admit it. Please....leave me alone, for once. Nope, sorry. Ain't gonna happen.

I sighed and clenched my fists in hopes of pushing him away. Gerard quickly scribbled something down on his notepad and showed it to me. 'Are you okay? You don't look so good.'

I scoffed and rolled my eyes. “No! I'm not o-fucking-kay! Why don't you just mind your own business anyways?!” 'Oh, nice one Frank.

I looked over at Gerard, his eyes filled with hurt. A single tear slid down his cheek as he gathered his things and began to leave. What the fuck have I done?

I came out to play, gave him a small taste of who you really are.

I reached out and grabbed his hand to try and stop him. “Gerard, don't go. Please? I..I-I'm sorry. I don't know what came over me.” Hmmm. But the sad thing is, you do. You know exactly who and what came over you. Why even lie?

He furrowed his eyebrow at me, but eventually nodded and sat down in front of me again. I realized that my hand was still holding his, so I quickly took it back and shifted my gaze to my lap. As if you didn't creep him out before.

I felt him tap my shoulder so I slowly looked up and he placed his notepad in front of me. 'Hey, no need to feel embarrassed. :)' A small chuckle escaped my lips.

“Gerard, I'm sorry for what I did. I didn't mean to yell at you like.” Maybe you didn't, but I did. He wrote something down and showed it to me. 'It's okay, it's probably none of my business anyways. I tend to be nosey.'

I shook my head. “Still, you didn't deserve that.” He rolled his eyes and nodded again. “Hey, do you want to go do something?”

He raised an eyebrow and wrote something down. 'Like what, there's not much to do in this town.' I chuckled and shook my head. “There's this comic book shop on the corner. I don't know if you're into comics or not, but I wanted to check it out today. You can come with me if you want.”

What the fuck, man? Like he'd ever want to go with you.

I looked down at what he wrote and smiled. 'Sure, I don't have anything else to do.' I nodded and stood up, placing a small tip on the table. When I turned around to see if Gerard was following, he looked angry and was mouthing something again. I looked behind me and no one was there.

“Gerard?”

He shook his head quickly and pushed past me and through the door of the small coffee shop. What's wrong with him?

You

“So do you like comics, Gerard?” I looked at him, a genuine smile across my face. He simply nodded and stared at the walk in front of him.

“My favorite is Superman, he's pretty cool.”

He slowly shook his head, a dry chuckle escaping his lips as he pulled out his pad and pen, scribbling something down.

'Seriouly? Superman is a fucking Pansy. Now Batman is someone you don't want to fuck with.' I couldn't stop myself from laughing. “But Superman can like..jump over the tallest building and fly. Who wouldn't want to do that.?”

He raised his hand high above his head as a wide grin spread across his face revealing a row of his small teeth.

“You're crazy, you know that?”

His smile quickly faded and a pout took place of his cute little grin. Tears began to form in his eyes as his pace slowed considerably.

Way to go, idiot. You fucked up again and gave him another reason to hate you.

I placed a hand on his shoulder and stopped him so that I could look him straight in the eyes. “I..I didn't mean that literally. You're not crazy, Gerard.” I pulled him in and wrapped my arms loosely around his waist. After a few moments he did the same, sniffling as he rested his head on mine.

I pulled away and smiled up at him as he tried to wipe his tears away. He wrote something down and handed me the notepad. 'I'm sorry. I just don't like that word very much.' I smiled and handed the notepad back to him.

“I don't like it either. What do you say we buy some comics, yeah?” I gestured towards the small comic shop behind us and took his hand, dragging him inside the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
Awww ^_^