Status: Active!

All That I Needed Was You

I'll Kick His Ass

Donnie and I became really close over the next few weeks. He called me everyday, even if it was at three in the morning, or even just five minutes.

"Oh, please. The remake is way better!" Donnie argued.

"No way! The original Miracle On 34th Street was the best!" I rolled my eyes, though I doubted he could see me through the phone. "You just don't know good movies." I said casually and stirred the sausages I was cooking for dinner.

"Oh, something smells amazing in here!" Amy called as she walked into our apartment.

"Hey, Amy! I'll call you later, Donnie."

"No! I mean, uh, I'll call you... but this discussion is not over."

"Yeah, yeah." I'm not gonna lie... that confused me, a lot. "Bye." I put the phone on the receiver and Amy walked into the kitchen.

"Donnie again?" Amy smiled and leaned against the door frame.

"Yeah." I smiled and could feel the heat in my cheeks. At least I could blame it on the heat from the stove.

"Well, when we finish dinner we need to go shopping. Get some cute dresses and whatnot."

"Amy, it's the middle of winter and we're going to be having snow storms like mad. Do you really think I want to go out in this weather?" I rose an eyebrow at her.

"Yes..." She mumbled and rolled up onto the balls of her feet. "Please?" She stuck out her bottom lip.

"Fine. One hour... and one hour only!"

"Yay!" Amy did her happy jump and ran into her room to get ready for supper.

~*~

"I don't know why you made me come out here tonight." I said as my teeth chattered. "It's 18 damn degrees out here!"

"Oh, quit being a baby. We're almost there." Amy rolled her eyes. "It's that building right there." I ran to the building and burst through the door to get to the heat.

"Devika?" I heard a familiar voice behind me and my heart skipped a beat. I slowly turned around praying it was who I thought it was instead of some guy from high school I had forgotten.

"Donnie!" I yelled when I saw him. I quickly threw my arms around his neck and he wrapped his arms around my waist. "What are you doing here?" I smiled as he held me out at arm's length.

"Geez, you could at least wait for me Dev!" Amy said as she came through the door of the department store. "Hey Donnie." She sighed and walked over to look at the dresses.

"Well, Amy called and asked me to come down for a few days to see you because she said that you missed me or something." Donnie said sarcastically.

"I'll be right back." I got out of Donnie's hold and ran over to Amy and attacked her with a hug. "Thank you!" I whispered and ran back over to Donnie. "Where are you staying at?" I asked him. "Did you have dinner yet? We have some left overs from tonight if you want to come over and eat." Donnie laughed and hugged me again.

"I'm staying at the hotel up the road and no I haven't. I'd love some leftovers." He winked.

"Awesome." I smiled. "Amy, we're gonna head back to the apartment. Maybe the supermarket on the way."

"Alright!" She smiled and winked at me. "Have fun... but not too much." My eyes grew wide and my face turned about three shades of red.

"Let's go." I mumbled and grabbed his hand.

~*~

After Donnie ate dinner, we sat on the couch and watched both versions of Miracle On 34th Street so we could settle our argument.

"Told you." I said when the original went off.

"I will admit that it was better." Donnie sighed in defeat.

"Ha!"

"I'm home!" Amy said and walked through the door. "Dangit." She sighed when she saw us sitting on opposite sides of the couch. "I was hoping to catch you two kissing or something." She pouted and went to put her shopping bags in her room.

"I've got to go to the bathroom." Donnie laughed and walked to the bathroom. As soon as I heard the door click shut I ran into Amy's room.

"Amy!" I whispered.

"Yeah?" She asked as she hung up one of her new shirts.

"This is probably a really stupid question because I know the answer is probably no but-"

"Do I think Donnie likes you?" She finished for me and smiled at me. I nodded and sat on the edge of her bed. "He's obviously crazy about you." I rolled my eyes in disbelief. "Oh, come on, Dev! He calls you everyday, he came down here to visit you for a few days. He'd be crazy to not like you!" Amy sat down on the bed next to me. "And if he doesn't, I'll kick his ass for breaking your heart." She smiled sweetly and began to put more clothes away.

"Devika?" I heard Donnie call from down the hall.

"In here!" I called back. "Thanks." I smiled and hugged Amy. "You're the best." I winked at her.

"I know.." She joked back and winked. I smiled and skipped into the living area to watch another movie with Donnie.