My So Called Cinderella Life

The Game

I went to the refreshments table to grab myself a drink a bottled water and stood there sighing to myself. I was right, I shouldn't have come here. Kayla had to figure out who I was somehow.

I slightly turned around and saw her talking to a group of her friends and I closed my eyes and turned back around. Breath in, breath out... That's all I can do right now.

I made sure my mask was still on and my necklace was still around my neck. I started sweating because I was panicking so much. I told Peter, Daniella and Kaylie to keep a distance from me in case Kayla figured out who I was. I hope this mask was helping.

I wasn't able to see what Ryan looked like... or Tory. But then again, everyone was wearing a mask.

I turned around and then slightly jumped when I saw a guy dressed as a Prince stand in front of me. He slightly nodded his head at me and I slightly smiled.

He waved to me and started, "Hi."

Oh wow. When he smiled, I knew immediately who he was. Of course... Ryan. Ryan Sheckler.

Oh god. Did he know who I was? This was super embarassing.

"Hi..." He said again. I tried not to smile so I covered my mouth slightly and coughed, "Hey."

I pulled my lips together and we just stood there; I felt a little awkward.

He continued, "You kind of made an entrance there."

I slightly nodded and grinned at him. Ugh, did he know who I was not or what?

He held out his hand, "I'm Ryan... Ryan Sheckler. I'm not sure if you know me or not."

Okay... He didn't know who I was.

Thank God.

I pulled out my hand, still grinning, "Nice to meet you."

I tried letting go but he wouldn't let go of my hand. "Are you gonna tell me your name?"

Oh crap. I forgot about the name. Just don't say anything. I just looked at him and shook my head, "You'll... Figure it out later."

He slightly laughed and started asking, "Do you go to this school?"

I slightly nodded my head and he smiled, "Really? Well... If I've ever seen you around... You look entirely different."

I just stood there looking like an idiot and grinning. He sighed, "So since you're not telling me your name, is it okay if I call you Cinderella?"

I chuckled and nodded, "Sure."

He then put his hands in his pockets, he continued, "Well... It is a big school so maybe I haven't seen you around before. I'm just surprised I missed a pretty girl like you."

I guess... Ryan never liked me as Marisa at all. Ugh, I was so pathetic even liking him as myself. What guy would ever like me?

Well, except for Tory. But I didn't have those feelings for him... I had them for Ryan though.

A slow song came on and we looked around. He slightly smiled, "Wanna dance?"

I sighed and slightly nodded, "Sure."

He held out his hand to me and I kind of blushed looking down. When we went onto what they transformed into a dance floor, he put both of his hands on my waist and I put both of arms around his neck. He wasn't that much taller than me but he was still tall... in a very cute way.

"So... Do you know who I am?"

"Ryan Sheckler..." I started trying not to open my mouth too much. "I definitley know you. You're a skateboarder, right?"

He nodded his head, "Guessing you've seen me?"

I nodded my head, "You are kind of famous. It'd be weird if I didn't know who you were."

"Well... I still don't know who you are..."

He looked straight into my eyes and I tried looking down. He laughed, "I wanted to see if you were gonna take off the mask."

"Later..." I joked. He sighed, "Hah... Fine."

I looked at Peter and Kaylie who were dancing together and they were smiling at me. Daniella was dancing with Tory and I continued dancing.

"We should play some kind of ice breaker game... Because we always seem to be quiet at some point and I don't want you to feel awkward." Ryan said.

"If you want to..." I said softly.

"Well... I kind of do wanna know who you are... So maybe we should go somewhere quiet?"

I kind of stopped dancing and widened my eyes at him. He laughed, "I'm not dangerous. Don't worry. I just... wanna know who you are. You caught my eye when you came in."

Ugh... He liked Cinderella... Not Marisa... This was not cool.

I nodded and he took my hand, then we started walking outside the gymnasium. I looked back at Peter, Daniella and Kaylie who just kept teasing me.

I felt so embarassed right now. He took me out to the back of the school where there was a small fountain and I smiled.

"Wow."

"You're wow-ing the fountain?" He asked. I chuckled, "No... This school is just very pretty at night."

He started walking towards me and started, "Didn't think there was anything prettier than you."

I looked at him and I could see him blushing. Wow, that was a very flirtacious saying. I chuckled, "You say that to a lot of girls?"

"Two or three."

I pouted my mouth at him and he laughed. "Kidding. If I said that to all the girls then I'd probably already have more than one girlfriend in my life."

"Surprised you've only had one actually. I mean... You are Ryan Sheckler."

He finally took off his mask... God, he was so handsome.

"I am... But... I'm not a ladie's man, don't get me wrong."

I rolled my eyes and just kept grinning. He continued, "So... game..."

"Right... The game... What do you wanna play?"

"The question game... You and I can go back and forth for asking questions."

I scatched my nose... "Okay... You start then."

I heard him sighing, "Your name..."

I glared at him, "I told you... Cinderella."

He groaned, "Come onnn! You know who I am. And I took my mask off already." I pouted my mouth, "Later..."

He continued groaning and I just laughed, holding on to my necklace. "Your turn..." He said.

I sighed loudly, "Ummm favorite hobby."

"Well... Obviously skateboarding. I can't really do anything else because I'm stuck with skateboarding..." I just chuckled and he continued, "Okay... Can you skateboard? But a girl like you... I wanna guess, can't really."

Okay... That was very offensive.

I snickered, "I can... It's a hobby of mine as well. But I'm not into as much... I can still do it though."

"Inspiration?"

"Hey... My turn."

"You can ask two questions back."

I sighed, "My dad. My dad was a big skateboarder so I got it from him."

"Where is he now?"

I tried joking, "Umm... Heaven." Ryan looked down, "Ah... Sorry."

"It's okay... I got used to it a while ago."

"What's your Dad's name? I might know him if he was big."

"Umm, Paul... Paul Anderson..."

"Paul Anderson! Really?! Oh man, I used to LOVE him when I was younger. I even went to his funeral... God, that was a sad day. That man was my idol. I can't believe that's your dad."

He came to the funeral? Whattttt?

"You came to the funeral?"

"Oh yeah. I was in the WAAAAY back though, just admiring and being sad. I remember going to every one of his tours. I didn't know he had a daughter. I knew he got married and had three step daughters, but didn't know that he had an actual daughter. Wow... This is definitely fate."

I slightly laughed. He asked, "What?"

"You're very talkative. It's kind of cute."

"You just call me cute?"

I pouted and wandered my eyes around. "You already asked three questions... My turn."

"Okay... Ask three questions away."

"Alright, first question... What kind of girls are you into?"

"Hmm... That's a hard one. I don't really have a type. I'm just not into girls who don't know how to do anything or girls who do too much. My girls have to be like perfect... So my type is kind of hard to figure out. Probably explains why I haven't had too many girlfriends."

I nodded. "Alright, second question.... What do you like to eat?"

"Oh easy. Grilled cheese... Obsessed. When my mom was pregnant with me, all she ate was grilled cheese. And it came down to me."

I laughed and started. I started thinking about that boy that I met in 2nd grade who was obsessed with grilled cheese. If there was no grilled cheese, for lunch... He would cry. I never knew what happened to that kid... He was always super nice to me.

He continued, "Okay. Last of the third question."

"Okay..." I started thinking then a lightbulb hit me. "Got it! What's the last memory you can think of?"

He started answering, "Hmm... It was either, first, second or third grade. This girl... walked into the classroom with the most hideous bunny outfit and I can remember. And every single kid just kept pointing and laughing at her. But I was the only one who didn't point. She sat down in her seat and she just cried her eyes out. All I could do was pat her back. I think we became friends for a week or two, but I moved right after that. So I never got to know her name. Would be interested to know where she is now."

Whoa, de ja vu. That happened to me. I remember this kid always patting my back when I wore the bunny outfit to school... And he was so nice to me. But after two weeks of knowing him, he suddenly just moved and I haven't seen him ever since.

Was that why Ryan looked so familiar? Was he the kid that played with me at recess during the two weeks?

I was too young to even ask him for his name...

He started, "Okay... My turn."

I stopped him, "Wait... You're obsessed with grilled cheese, you were nice to a girl who wore a bunny outfit to school. Did you play at her with recess the two weeks before you moved?"

He slightly smiled, "Umm yeah... How'd..."

"And did you go to Perkins Elementary School?"

"Yeah..." He said.

My eyes widened. Oh my god! It was him...! That kid... That's why he looked so familiar! Oh my god... This was the kid that I never forgot about. That's why he looked so familar.

"Oh my god..." I said smiling. He gave me a puzzled look... and I continued, "The girl in the bunny outfit... Yeah, that was me."

His eyes grew big, "What????"

"It's hard to believe but I am. I remember this kid who was soooo nice to me when I wore the outfit to school... and he just disappeared after two weeks and I never got his name. Never met a nice kid like him again. But obviously, it's you."

He smiled big. "Wow... I never thought in a million years I would see you again. You always stuck to my head. You were very cute in that outfit... I felt bad everyone made fun of you. But I still can't believe... We met again."

"I can't believe it either." I sighed. He continued, "You're Paul Anderson's daughter... You skateboard... You're the girl that's my last memory..."

We both laughed and I covered my head with both my hands. "This is such... a... coincidence."

"Fate, possibly?"

I grinned and looked at him. We met eyes for about ten seconds, then he reached his hands out close to my face. Had the feeling he was going to take my mask off... but I think I was ready to tell him that it was me.

But what if he freaks that I'm Marisa? He doesn't think that I'm Marisa now... What if he doesn't even like me?

I looked at the big clock and it was already 11:20... And my phone that was hidden in my bra began ringing. We both pulled away from each other and I sighed loudly. He looked down trying to find the ringing sound and I wiped my forehead.

"Ugh... I have to go."

"What?! You got here like an hour ago... Why do you have to go now?"

"I really do."

I tried pulling away but he grabbed my arm. "I can't let you go now. At least tell me your name."

"I'm sure you forget me by Monday. Even though I'm the bunny girl, there's nothing more to that. I really have to go."

"I'm don't think I can forget about you right now."

He didn't let go of me and looked at me with very soft eyes. I then saw Kaylie at the top of the stairs and she urged me that we had to go. I then saw that Tammy girl coming out and she called out, "Ryan!!" Like she was very mad.

I took that advantage to get out of his grasp and then ran for it. I grabbed Kaylie's wrist and nodded her to go. We both walked quickly.

All I had to think about was getting back home as quick as possible.