The Diva Inside

First Friday of the School Year

Camryn’s POV
The rest of the week is the same as every school week. Boring classes, annoying teachers and a few short hours with my friends. When Friday arrives, everyone is super excited for the weekend. It is a glorious Friday. The sun is shining. It’s a comfortable 75 degrees outside. And I get to wear one of my favorite outfits. My floral romper, under a black blazer with tan pumps. It’s such a perfect balance of summer and style. The final bell rings and everyone scours towards the exit.

“You excited for tonight?” Taylor asks me while I pack up my bag. Taylor’s been getting better. Slowly, but surely he’s beginning to seem like his old loud and obnoxious self again. He’s even got his style back. The last two days have been pretty low maintenance for Taylor. Sweats and a t-shirt. But today he’s wearing a gray and black sweater, tan skinny jeans, black high tops and a gray beanie. He looks hot as always.

“Hell yeah I am. Hey, you wanna come over before we leave, we can hang out. I’ll even let you do my hair, if you wanna?” My hair was just slightly straightened and wasn’t at it’s best.

Taylor’s eyes light up as I say ‘do my hair’. “Then, hells yeah I’m coming over.” He grabs his backpack and follows me out to the front of the school.

As, we stand there, talking about school and life, I feel a similar tap on my right shoulder. I turn to see Dexter, standing in front of me once again.

“Hey, what’s going on?” I ask, awkwardly looking at Taylor.

“Nothing much. I just wanted to tell you…that you look really pretty today.” Dexter shyly grins, a beautiful white smile.

I have a weird feeling in the pit of my stomach. No guy, except Taylor and my dad, has ever told me I look pretty.

I tuck a short strand of hair behind my ear and slightly smile. I quietly say “Thank you.”

Taylor looks at me, then at Dexter and grins.

I mouth to Taylor that nothing’s going on between us. He just continues to grin.

Just then Timothy arrives, Taylor and I climb into the back seat. I ask Timothy to turn on the radio. He turns on the radio and the song Moves Like Jagger by Maroon 5 comes on.

“Crank the music louder!” I shout as Taylor and I start to sing along. The car ride home is loud, obnoxious and fun. It’s just like any other time I’m with Taylor.

**

Natalie and Jenna arrive at my house at around 7:30. Natalie is wearing an adorkable outfit. It’s Harry Potter themed. She’s wearing a Hogwarts V-neck t-shirt, yellow skinny jeans, blue converse and lightning bolt earrings. Very creative. Jenna looks so flipping cute. She’s wearing a pink and navy blue floral tank top, dark rinse short shorts, white vans and a little gold necklace that says Love.

“Hello, my beauties. Are we all excited for some bowling?” I ask, as the two girls enter into my bedroom. Taylor was just finishing my hair. He spent almost an hour curling it, then spraying it with hairspray. I still have to change before we go. I send them all out of bedroom, so I can change in private. We may be best friends, but they don’t need to know what I got going on under all the clothes. I carefully select a cute, but comfortable outfit. I would love to stay in my romper and heels, but for bowling that might not be the best idea. I pick out a gray and navy blue striped off-the-shoulder t-shirt, gray capris, red converse and a little gray camera necklace. I look super cute. When I walk out the room all of my friends are raiding the kitchen. Natalie is digging through a big bag of Cheetos, Jenna has a few cookies in each hand and Taylor is fixing himself a cup of coffee. I swear that boy never eats.

They all look at me as I climb down the spiral staircase.

“Wow, I think this is the first time in over a year, that we’re going out and your not wearing heels. You look cute.” Natalie tells me. She always is so blunt about things, one of the many reasons I love her.

“Thanks. After y’all are done eating my house, we can go. I’m ready.”

I steal a few Cheetos from Natalie’s bag and head over to the couch. The second I sit down my 95 Ib. lab named Toby climbs onto the side next me and lays his big head down on my right thigh. He’s my baby boy. I love him and he loves me. One of the many men in my life.

The four of us sit and talk. Hanging out, waiting for Jenna to finish her cookies. Once she finally finishes, the four of us climb into the car, and head to Bowling America. The car ride there, my mind starts to wonder to Emma. I wonder how her date is going?

Emma’s POV

Tonight’s my date with Andre and I’m so nervous. When I get home from school, I already start to feel nervous. What do I wear? How should I do my hair? Where is he taking me? All this random stupid, little questions continue to pop in and out of my head. I wonder if my girlfriends had come over before my date, I wouldn’t be as nervous or unprepared. If Camryn was here then I’d absolutely have a killer outfit. If Taylor was here my beautiful long, blonde hair would be styled to perfection. If Natalie was here my confidence would have been completely boosted. And if Jenna was here I would be laughing my ass off. But since they’re not here I’m going to have to just deal without them.

I walk into the bathroom, wondering what I should wear. It’s so important that I have the perfect outfit, but how could decide what to wear if I have no idea where were going. I take a quick shower, then blow out my long, blonde hair out. After I after I finish my makeup, I walk into my room and just stare at my closet for a good twenty minutes. I eventually decide on my new brown and white polka dot romper, paired with a thin white belt, tan gladiator sandals, a long, gold necklace and my favorite pair of aviator sunglasses.

I look great, feel great and now all I had to do was have a great night, which I had a feeling it was going to be.

Literally 5 minutes after I finish getting ready, Andre arrives and looks adorable as usual. He’s wearing a gray vest over top of a crisp white shirt with the sleeves partly rolled up. Paired with a bright red tie and sleek black skinny jeans. Lastly is a very old, worn out pair of high tops. Seeing his sneakers make me chuckle.

“What’s so funny?” Andre breaks the silence.

“Your shoes.” I tell him, grinning like crazy.

“Sorry, I was in a rush…and …and I don’t really have any other shoes and…” He stutters. He’s really nervous, even more nervous than I am.

“No it’s not that they’re ugly, I like how old and worn out they are. That’s what gives them character. I like them.” My grin turns into a toothy smile. Andre’s cheeks start to turn pink. I then take his hand in mine and ask “So, where are you taking me on this wonderful night?”

“I was thinking, do you like mini golf?” He asks, looking at the pavement.

“Hell yeah! Who doesn’t?” I say, trying to hype him up.

“Awesome. I know a great mini golf course. It’s only a few blocks from here.”

“Cool. Let’s go.” We walk hand-in-hand down the sidewalk. Talking about everything. We have quite a few of the same likes and dislikes, but we also have a few differences.

The rest of the night was full of laughs and fun. I can’t remember a time when I had this much fun with just one person, let alone with a guy.

At the end of the night, Andre walks me home, the entire time we're silent, but it’s one of those good silences where no one really needs to talk. I just feel comfortable around him, calm and really chill when I’m with him. When we get to my door, my body starts to tense up and I start to get really nervous again.

“Well, I guess this is goodbye.” I say, hopping that the date wasn’t completely over.

“No, this is goodbye.” Andre leans down and pulls my chin up so my lips can meet his. My lips start to tingle and my whole body becomes numb. I wanted to stay in this moment forever. After a few seconds, Andre pulls away and winks.

He starts to walk away I call out to him. “Thanks for a great night.” I wave and Andre just chuckles to himself.

I go back inside, my parents went out for the night so it’s just me and the cats. I walk up to my room and shut the door behind me. I peer over at the clock and it reads 9:24 It’s not to late to call Camryn.

I pick up my cell and press #5 speed dial. The phone rings a few times before Camryn picks up.

“Hey, girly. You missed a fun night. Taylor and I killed Nat and Jenna tonight at Bowling America. 4 strikes in one night, I was on a roll. How was your date?” Cam asks.

I sit and ponder for a while, thinking about how to answer the question. “You know Cami, there’s no words to describe the night I had. Actually, you know what. There is one. Magical.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took so long to post a new chapter but I had school, then I went on vacation, then it was Christmas, but I like this chapter, it gives a little lead way for the future. But I hope y’all enjoy and please, PLEASE comment and/or subscribe. Thanks! <3
Camryn's School Outfit - Here
Taylor's Outfit - Here
Natalie's Outfit - Here
Jenna's Outfit - Here
Camryn's Bowling Outfit - Here
Toby - Here
Emma's Outfit - Here
Andre's Outfit - Here