Sequel: Just Live Your Life

Seize the Day

Part Ten

Corra's Pov

Well Saoirse is closed for the next two days because Layla wants to remodel the place a little. As much as I love my job I'm happy to have off, but at the same time I wish I was working. Why? Oh I don't know, maybe because now I'm stuck painting the whole damn place with whatever little help Lucas is. All he's doing is texting some chick and telling me I missed a spot. Layla was here helping me, but she left an hour ago to spend the day with her mother and sister.

“She's such a bad girl. Corra listen to th-”

“Lucas! Shut up. I don't want to hear anymore of your sexts.” I snap and Lucas looks at me with a frown on his face.

“Well!” he says jumping up to his feet dramaticly, “I hope you enjoy painting alone.” he states and storms out the bar through the open doors leaving me alone. Groaning I let my head hit the wall and curse feeling the cool wet paint on my forehead. Sighing loudly I pick my head up, pull the black bandanna out of my back pocket and wipe my forehead. Setting the paint brush down I walk over to the little music booth, I pull my Ipod out of my pocket and plug it into the speakers. A smile falls on my lips as one of Framing Hanely's songs blasts throughout the place. Walking back over to my paint brush I get right back to work much more happier now that I'm alone with my music and thoughts.

Within the next half hour the pub is still only a fourth of the way done. What can I say, I'm kind of a perfectionist. Getting frustrated with painting I scream out in anger and throw the brush across the room in a small fit of rage. A deep chuckle flouts into my ears over the loud bass drum of Get Scared and I turn around.

“What are you doing here? We're closed.” I ask.

“A little birdie told me you might need some help.”

“Oh? Would this birdie happen to have brown hair and own this bar?”

“Maybe.”

“I'll give you a twizzler if you tell me.” I say trying to bribe the man leaning in the door way. He barks out a loud laugh and the sight of his smile puts a smile on my face. Once he calms down from his laugh attack he shakes his head at me.

“Actually, Lalay called Matt and asked him to help you, but he was busy. He called the other guys and they're on their way now.” He says and pushes himself off the wall.

“Well you can get to work, but I'm taking a break.” I say walking over to the bar and taking a seat.

“I'll join you.” He walks over and sits next to me. “How are you doing today Corra?”

“I'm doing just fine Johnny. How about you?”

“Be better if I had a Payday.” My eyes widen and I can't hold back the grin that comes to life on my face.

“I love Paydays!” I exclaim and jump behind the bar. Bending down a little I look for my candy stash and smile finding it. “Got it!” I grab the bag and stand up setting it on the bar in front of Johnny and I. His eyes widen at the huge amount of candy and he glaces up at me. “Yeah I know, I'm the best.” Johnny nods his head grabs a piece of candy. I take a fun sized Twix and open it up while Johnny opens his fun sized Payday.

“I fucking love you!” he says as he takes a bite of his candy bar.

“Everyone does.” I joke.

Johnny and I eat two more pieces of candy before we get to work and twenty minutes later the rest of the guys minus Matt walk in to help. I'm shocked to see Zack, but I hide it well.

“Can we talk?” Zack asks from his spot next to me that he's painting.

“About?” I ask not taking my eyes off of the wall in front of me. Zack sighs and from the corner of my eyes I see him bite his bottom lip.

“I'm sorry for what I said a few nights back. I had too many drinks and seeing Matt act that way towards any other women other then Val...it's just weird.”

“I appreciate you apology, but it's not me you should be saying sorry too. Layla is a good person and she won't hurt Matt. I'm afraid that it will be Matt who hurts her.” I mummer towards the end and Zack turns his head so he's fully looking at me.

“What do you mean?”

“I'm not getting into it. Just know that if anything happens to my best friend I'm coming for blood.” I threaten and Zack nods his head showing me he understands. “Good! Now how about some candy?” I ask and skip on over to the bar. I glance over my shoulder and Johnny is staring at my ass. I giggle as Jimmy bumps into him and his paint brush falls on Johnny's head.

“What the fuck Jimmy!” Johnny yells. Jimmy giggles and holds his hands up.

“Sorry m-man I didn't s-see you t-there.” Jim laughs and the guys all laugh. I hide my laugh with a cough and send Johnny an innocent smile when he looks over my way.

“Color suites you nicely.” I joke.

“Oh really? You think so?” he asks and I notice an evil glint in his eyes.

“Johnny. No. Layla will kill me if I fuck up the floor anymore then I already have.” I warn and Johnny smirks. His arm twitches and I make a dash for the door, but Brian grabs me around my waist and holds me in place. I wiggle around in his arms and he laughs as Johnny takes slow steps towards me. “Brian let me go. You asshole! You...you- Johnny no!” I wine as Johnny stands right in front of me. He's brown eyes stare into mine and without blinking he slaps his paint brush right on my chest and pulls down letting a nice blue line run down my white crop top. Johnny winks at me and walks off like nothing happened.

Brian lets me go and I glare back at him, “It's so fucking on.” I mutter to myself. I walk over next to Zack and pick up the can of blue paint. Zack's eyes widen and I smile seeing that he knows what I'm about to do. He shakes his head and I smirk. Looking over my shoulder I tighten my hold on the can seeing Brian has gone back to painting with his back facing me. Taking quick and quite steps I stand a few feet away from Brian and clear my throat lightly. “Brian?” I say in my sweetest voice.

“Yeah?” he asks not turning around.

“What's your favorite color?”

“Purple...whyyyYYYYY!” Brian's asks his voice raising towards the end when I dump the can of blue paint down his back. The guys all stare at me in shock and I scream as Brian tries to grab hold of me. With that the guys snap out of their shock and start trying to cover each other in paint. I laugh as Johnny manages to completely miss Zack and hit Jimmy in his butt with his paint brush. Once the paint runs out the five of us have more paint on us then the walls.

“Man this is going to suck cleaning up.” Zack states.

“We'll have it fixed up before La-”

“What the fuck?!” Our eyes widen at the sound of Layla's voice and we all look over to see her and Matt both standing in the door way with looks to kill on their faces.

“I told you to help paint, not destroy the place!” Matt shouts and the guys all look down in shame.

“Um...T-that would be my fault. I'm sorry Layla, but you know how I get and then the guys came and-”

“Where you eating candy??” Layla asks cutting me off and I bite my lip making a face when I taste paint. Layla sighs and walks farther into the pub with Matt right behind her.

“I'm ashamed right now to call you guys my friends. Each of you will buy whatever it is that is needed to clean this mess up.” Matt growls. While he goes off on his friends I notice Layla dip her finger in one of the many puddles of paint. “Farther more who the fuck told you to-” Without a word I watch as she walks up to Matt cutting off his rant as she runs her finger across his cheek. I hold back my laugh and the guys all do the same as Matt touches his face where Layla wiped the paint. He pulls his finger back and stares at it. I gasp when Matt grabs me and forces me to hug Layla getting paint all over her outfit. She shouts in protest, but start to laugh and soon we're all laughing as I pull away from her.

“There now we're all even and off the hook.” I state with a wide smile. Layla shakes her head and looks around the pub.

“Not if this doesn't get cleaned up.” she laughs and we all get to work cleaning up our mess.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the wait everyone. School is giving me hell and life is being a bitch.