Sequel: Just Live Your Life

Seize the Day

Part Eleven

It’s a Friday afternoon and I promised Matt to meet him later for dinner before I work the late shift tonight with Corra and Lucas later. As I sat at my favourite coffee shop waiting on my sister arrive. I pulled my aviators over my eyes and lit a cigarette. “Sorry is there anyone sitting here?” some woman snapped me out of my thoughts. “Yeah sorry” I smiled sweetly. “Your Layla right?” I looked up to Matt’s ex – fiancée smiling at me. “Oh hello Val.” I smiled at her. “How are you?” Val asked sitting down on the corner of the empty seat. “I actually wanted to talk to you to clear the air. Matt told me what Zacky said to you, I want to apologize to you.” Val said taking off her Prada sunglasses. “To be honest Layla, Matt is crazy about you so please take care of him for me.” Val sighed. “We aren’t anything but friends Val and I promise I will take care of him.” I smiled and noticed my sister heading towards me. “Well Val drop by the bar whenever you’d like I better go.” I said taking a sip out of my to go cup.

As I walked over to my sister I grabbed her hand and pulled her off in the other direction towards the mall. “Was that Val talking to you back at the coffee shop?” my sister asked. I nodded my head and picked out something new to wear tonight. “You know Matt and mom are meeting for lunch today.” My sister said casually as if it was totally normal. “What? And you’re only telling me this now.” I said with a raised eye brow at my sister. “She wants to get to know him before she leaves.” My sister told me flipping through the rack of clothes. “How’s Gerard? I noticed he wasn’t over with you what happened sis?” I asked desperately trying to change the subject. “Wanted separate things I wanted to get married and start a family and he wanted to just stay the way we were behind that bar.” Lily my sister said. We paid for our stuff and headed for a walk back to my sisters hotel. “I was jealous of you Layla, I am so sorry I was mad at you for leaving. I understand now that you couldn’t stay there and Adam keeps asking will you ever come home.” My sister laughed. “But I am jealous of the fact that you left Ireland and started your own bar but that jealousy has turned into proudness and dad would be proud too.” I just hugged my sister and seen Matt walking towards me. “Hello ladies, have fun today?” He asked wrapping his arms around me and nuzzling my neck. I soon felt my phone vibrate in m pocket. I seen Corra’s name pop up on my screen.

“Corra what’s up?” I asked with a bit of a worried tone. "Just ringing to tell you there is someone here looking for you?” Corra spoke. “Right I will be there soon ok.” I said hanging up. “I have to run back to the bar but I will see later sis and you handsome are giving me a lift” I smiled at Matt sweetly. Before I knew it Matt me over his shoulder walking off with me. We drove back to Saoirse and went inside. “What’s up boss lady?” Corra smiled. “My god Layla Reid haven’t you just gotten more beautiful since the last time I seen you.” I followed the voice and turned around to see Gerard my sisters ex boyfriend standing in my bar. I was in shock and felt Matt grip me tight but I soon pulled away squealing and hugging the life out of Gerard. “What are you doing here Ger?” I asked still hugging him. “I came to get Lily back.” He told me. “I am going to propose tomorrow night.” Gerard smiled. “Does my mom know you’re here?” I asked still in glee. “Yes she does she paid for the flight and thanks Matt for picking me up and bringing me to see my other favourite girl.” Gerard said smiling at Matt. “Wait you knew about this?” I asked Matt sternly. Couldn’t wait to here his reply, I just excused myself and went into my office and shut the door behind me. Who does he think he is that is my family. Every heard boundaries for the love of god. I heard a soft knock on my door and Corra popped her head around. “You ok Layla?” Corra asked and I just began to cry.
♠ ♠ ♠
Opinions please .... kinda had a bad week!