Sequel: Just Live Your Life

Seize the Day

Part Thirteen

As I got ready for my family dinner, I had to swing by Saoirse. “Swiss swoo boss!” Lucas exclaimed. I giggled and hugged Lucas. “Miss Layla Reid who knew you were so sexy.” Lucas said while twirling me. “Thanks Lucas but you know tonight is the night Gerard proposes to my sister.” I smiled as I grabbed a glass of wine. “So will you be ok and Corra to be able to hold the fort until I get back.” I said sipping on my white wine. “Yep not a problem.” Lucas said smiling. As I was about to leave Corra entered the bar. “Hey Layla. Wow were are we off to.” Corra asked stunned at my appearance. “Dinner with my mom, sister and Gerard.” I smiled hugging her and leaving quickly.

I arrived at the hotel and as I walked I couldn’t believe it was their last night, tomorrow they will be gone and I will have no one. I was soon greeted by Gerard as I walked in. “Hey Layla you looking stunning like always.” Gerard said politely kissing me on the cheek. “Where are the other two?” I asked looking around. “Did Lily not ring you; they are still packing and changed the dinner to 8.” Gerard said as I looked at my watch it was only half six, I sighed deeply. “Want to go for a walk Layla I need to talk to you; I really haven’t had a chance since I got here.” Gerard smiled at me. I nodded my head and followed his lead. “So how is the wonderful beautiful little sister of Lily Reid doing?” Ger asked as we sat down by the pool. “Lets see Ger I own my own pub. I have two best friends the best I could ever ask for and I am still single years later.” I told with a sigh. “You know your dad loved you Layla and if you’re not going to listen to me then hell we all tried.” Ger started making me confused. “What do you mean?” I asked out of confusion. “Layla you have a wonderful guy in Matt, the fella is crazy over you darling.” Ger said with a huff. “I aint ready to let him in Ger” I said looking away. “Then don’t give him false hope Layla it’s either give him his chance or walk away.” Ger said looking at me sternly. “I aint saying marry the man but at least let him love you.” I couldn’t look at Ger I know he was right.

“Layla we all agreed Matt is great for you. So stop pushing him away, your dad wouldn’t you alone but most defiantly he will never replace your dad but Matt will love you, protect you and make you happy. Sure if he ever hurts you I will kick his ass.” Ger laughed. “You have been nothing but a big pain in the ass big brother to me but I love you.” I smiled at him. “I know and you’re my pain the ass little sister but hey we have been practically family since we were in our teens.” Ger exclaimed. Soon my sister and mom joined and we headed to dinner. “Layla we don’t want you to freak but we wanted them here to say goodbye.” Lily started saying but it was too late I seen him walk towards us and I looked him straight in the eyes, I did the one thing I never thought I would do and Ger was right I had to open my heart again. I walked towards and pulled him into a kiss. As we pulled away slightly breathless Matt soon asked “Wow what was that for?” he smiled still holding me tight. “I don’t know but I am sorry for acting like a complete and utter self absorbed bitch.” I smiled. “What made you come around?” Matt asked. “Just say I got a wake up call tonight.” I smiled towards Ger and he winked in approval towards me. Matt and I walked back towards my mom, Lily and Ger.

We all enjoyed dinner chatting and laughing away. Ger cleared his throat and myself, Matt and my mom knew what was about to happen. Matt slipped his arm around me as I cuddled towards his chest. “Lily I look at Matt and see all the love in his eyes for Layla. When your dad looked at you mom you could see love. When you walked by me that first day of secondary school. I knew you were the queen of my heart. So will you do me the honour of being my wife?” Ger asked while bent down on one knee. We all looked at my sister waiting for her answer; we soon heard the words that will change her life forever. “YES!” Lily screamed. Every clapped and I hugged my sister. “Hey guys why don’t we continue our celebrations back in Saoirse.” I smiled getting up holding Matt’s hand. “Hey Ger how about you drive my car and take your beautiful fiancée and the mother of the bride in my car. I want to go with my girl.” Matt said throwing the keys to Ger. As we reached my car I threw the keys to him. “You drive!” I told him getting into the passenger side of my car. All the way over Matt held my hand and every so often kissed the back of it. We finally arrived at Saoirse and I let my hair down. Walking in my eyes first met with Zacky who realized I was holding Matt’s hand but at this present moment I could care less what Zacky thinks. “Hey Sexy Lady.” Corra says coming towards me. I greeted them both and started serving. “Ehh no you don’t give me that” Lucas said taking a glass away from me. “Fine!” I said and went to sit on Matt’s lap. I don’t remember much of the night to be honest I drank like a fish on Paddy’s day. When I woke up the next morning I noticed something beside me. “Morning beautiful” Matt smiled as I got up. Ugh my head. I texted Corra to explain what happened last night because Matt was in some state himself. I looked to my clock and noticed it was half four in the afternoon, my mom leaves for the airport at six and I have to be in work by eight fuck my life.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment and Subscribe! It make me feel better!