Sequel: Just Live Your Life

Seize the Day

Part Fourteen

Stepping out of the shower I wrap a towel around myself and head into my bed. A buzzing sound fills the room and my eyebrows come together in confusion. Looking around I spot my phone on the floor with the screen flashing. Laughing at myself I pick up my phone and smile see Layla's name.

“Hey Boss lady what's up?” I ask holding the phone to my ear with my shoulder as I start to pick out my outfit for the day.

“What the fuck happened last night?”

“You mean before or after you left the bar with Matt?”

“Both.”

“Well while at the bar we all partied pretty hard. I wasn't really keeping a major eye on you 'cause Matt said he would watch you. I found the two of you hidden in the damn corner for most of the night trying to eat each others' faces and what not. Zack and Matt got into a fight when Val walked in with her new boyfriend-”

“Zack and Matt fought? Why?”

“Zack got all pissed off when he saw Val kissing her boyfriend so he called her a whore and Matt hit him.”

“Oh.” Layla mutters and I sigh.

“Don't do that. You know I hate it when you sigh after I tell you something. You have nothing to worry about. Matt doesn't have feelings for Val, they're just friends.”

“...What else happened after the fight?”

“You and Matt almost got nasty on the bar top so I made Brian help me take the two of you home. I would have taken Matt back to his place, but he was passed out in the back and Brian didn't wanna carry him up all his steps. Don't worry you didn't have sex with him. You know unless you road him while he was out cold.” I joke and Layla tells me to shut up. Dropping my towel I slip on my panties and wiggle into my low riding jeans. “Question?”

“Yeah?”

“Is Matt still at your place?”

“Yeah, he's more messed up then I am.” I laugh and Layla groans.

“Sorry, didn't mean to be loud. Anything else you wanna know?”

“Why did we wake up in our underwear?”

“I thought you both would be more comfortable in less clothing, don't worry I didn't take a peak at Matt's junk.” Layla giggles and I smile.

“Why didn't Brian undress him?”

“Did you really want Brian in the same room as you if you're half naked?” I point out.

“You're such a good friend.”

“Yeah tell me something I don't know.” I joke and Layla laughs.

“Alright thanks for filling me in. I'm gonna get a shower. See you later tonight alright?”

“You got it Boss lady.” I say and hang up. Tossing my phone on my bed I put my bra on and pull my shirt on over my head. Running a pick through my hair I pour a little Pink Lotion in my hand and rub it in my hair as well to give it that silky soft feel that I love so much. Putting little make up on I run down my steps and slip on my black boots. Walking out of my house I head to my car and drive on over to the pub. Since everyone was so wasted last night I didn't bother to clean up, so that's what I'll do right now before I open the doors for the day. Stepping into the building I look around and shake my head, last night was crazy. I remember everything that happened and...well I won't say anything unless a certain someone brings it up. I didn't take anyone home with me or anything like that, but things got wild and that's all I'll say.

I plug my Ipod in the sound system and press shuffle so I can listen to my music while I clean up. The whole place is spotless by five thirty and I open the doors at five fifty managing the place by myself till eight when Layla gets in.

“Hey Boss lady!” I shout over all the loud music and Layla waves as she heads my way. She walks behind the bar and instantly starts serving drinks. “How you holding up?” I ask knowing that her family left to go back home today.

“I could be better. I'll miss them.” Layla says with a sigh and I nod my head understanding what she's talking about.

“You'll have to take off sometime and head back home for a few weeks.”

“I don't know if I can...it was hard to leave and going back...”

“Hey don't stress over it. It was just a suggestion.” I say placing a comforting hand on her shoulder. Layla smiles and nods her head.

“Alright get back to work Green.”

“Whatever you say Boss lady.” I say with a salute and she rolls her eyes. “Oh here comes your man!” I say in a sing song voice and walk to the other end of the bar to give them their alone time. Well as much as they can get in the middle of a pub. I rack up a round of fire water and hand the tray over to a small older women who is here with a group of her friends. She hands me the money with a smile and walks off. With my back to the bar I grab two glasses, fill them up with wine and walk over to the two love birds. Layla smiles and thanks me for the drink as does Matt. “You're welcome.” I say quickly and walk away when I spot Jimmy at the other end of the bar trying to sneak his way behind the bar.

“Jimmy no! Bad boy!” I scold slapping his head a few times while pushing him back over the bar. With a pout he sits down on a stool and I smile at him. “Awe you poor twiggy thing. Would you like some Jack?” I ask and Jimmy throws his hand over his heart acting hurt.

“I'm am appalled that you would even ask that of me. What do you take me for? Of course I would like some Jack.” Jimmy says and I laugh pouring him a double of Jack. Jimmy easily knocks back the shot and slams the glass down on the bar top. “So I came here with a purpose tonight.”

“To get drunk?” I ask and Jimmy shakes his head giving me a serious look. Biting my lower lip I brush my hair out of my face and nod for Jimmy to continue.

“I was told to give this to you, but I can't say who it's from.” Jimmy reaches in his pocket and pulls out a folded envelope. He hands it to me and I raise my eyebrow.

“It's not drug money is it 'cause you know I stopped that a while ago right?” I joke and Jimmy rolls his eyes motion for me to refill his glass. I fill it back up and stare at the white envelope in my hand.

“Read it when you get off.” Jimmy says and leans over the counter. He pulls me into a hug lifting me off the ground and almost all the way over the bar top. “See you later Corra.” Jimmy giggles and kisses my check, “You're so cute!” he coos letting me go. He runs off and I shake my head glaring at Matt and Layla when I hear their laughter.

“Shut up!” I shout over the music and they both raise their glasses to me. I flip them off and shove the envelope in my back pocket keeping it safe till later on tonight.

And now here's the single Scream from Avenged Seven-

“Change that!” Matt shouts suddenly knocking over his wine. I stare at him in shock hearing him yell like that and quickly change what we're listening to. Layla eyes Matt up carefully and I send him a questioning gaze. “I...I can't stand that band.” Matt mutters and a deep blush settles on his face as he looks away from Layla and I.

“O...kay. Um, yeah that wasn't you know random and kind of suspicious at all.” I mumble and get back to work. Layla and I's shift is finally over and I'm happy. I'm ready to hit the fucking bed so hard right now. Walking to my car I keep my eyes down hearing Layla's giggles near by over at her car with Matt. I don't even wanna hear what he is saying, yet alone see anything. Unlocking my door I put one leg in my car and stop when I feel the envelop in my back pocket. “Oh shit...Layla!” I shout taking my leg out of my car. She looks over at me with worried eyes and I intently regret shout out her name like I was about to die.

Her and Matt both hurry over to me and I bite my lower lip seeing her look me over to make sure I'm okay. “Sorry, didn't mean to freak you out.” I mutter rubbing the back of my neck.

“It's okay. What's wrong?” she asks.

“Can you read this for me? I'm kind of scared to know what it says.” I hold of the letter and Matt takes it from me. He tares it open and I watch his face as he reads the note. He hands it to Layla and she reads it as well to herself quietly. The two of them both stare at each other then at me, “What? What does it say?” I ask and Layla shakes her head.

“Don't worry your pretty little head about it. I'll take care of it.” Matt says and I look at him confused.

“Huh? Wait is it bad?” I ask and Layla shrugs her shoulders.

“Depends. Like Matt said don't worry about it, he'll handle it.” With that said the two of them give me a hug and head on off to their cars. I stare at the ground confused and sigh before I get in my car. If Matt's getting involved it has to be bad right? Right?
♠ ♠ ♠
Silent readers should turn into commenters...just saying.

Comment and subscribe!