Sequel: Just Live Your Life

Seize the Day

Part Fifteen

I smiled when I opened the door to see Matt standing there, we are heading to the beach today to hang out with Corra and Johnny. When we hit the beach Matt and I walked hand in hand together towards Corra and Johnny. "Hey Layla! Hey Matt!" Corra shouted over towards us. We all hung out at the beach for most of the day. I noticed Matt and Johnny were a bit uneasy and I was going to find out why. As I walked towards the shore I jumped on Matt's back making him fall into the water. I watched the droplets of water glisten against his skin. "Hey love birds were going to head to Saoirse are you ready to go. Matt and I looked up at Johnny and Corra. " We better go back and get you ready for work. As me and Matt dried off I notice passer - bys , young girls giving evil glares. "Hey Corra, are you getting the feeling that most of the girls walking by are giving such evil glares?" I asked Corra putting my black shorts back on. "Thank god I thought it was just me. Maybe cause we are with the hottest men in Huntington Beach." Corra smiled. "One did you just call my boyfriend hot? secondly you think Johnny is hot? knew you liked him." I laughed and Corra pushed me lightly. " k boss lady, one did you just call Matt your boyfriend, secondly everyone will agree Matt is hot, thirdly I don't have feelings Johnny and finally we are late for work." Cora smiled. "Shit" I yelled noticing the time. "I will see you in the bar in an hour." I told Corra rushing. As we walked to the cars we were suddenly surrounded by flashes. "Johnny get her out of here and I will take lay." Matt shouted as he pulled me towards the car.

"Wtf is going on Matt?" i asked getting into his car, Matt just urned n the ignition and drove off towards my place. "Matt what the hell was that back there." I was getting angry cause he wouldn't answer me. "Layla..." he sighed pulling up to my house at the other side of Huntington. "Can we talk inside please .... I will explain everything please." Matt asked holding my hand. I walked ahead of Matt into my home, walking around I opened the doors that lead out to my back garden. I looked at Matt and noticed e was on the phone. "Go get ready for work and I will tell you once they get here." Matt said holding me close. I ran upstairs and got ready for work throwing on my black strapless top and my skinny jeans. I quickly dried my chocolate brown hair and grabbed my 3/4 length sleeve leather jacket. When I came down stairs Corra and Johnny were in my living room with Matt. I took a seat next to Corra and we watched the guys pace up and down until Matt spoke. " We are sorry we didn't tell you sooner, we just wanted you both to get to know us as people before you new we were rock stars." Matt said rubbing his neck. Corra and I eyes grew wide and we looked at each other. "Wait rock stars .... what band?" Corra asked. "Avenged Sevenfold." I said quietly. "You knew already." Matt looked at me shocked and I shook my head. "Explains why you practically scared the shit out of me and Corra the other night in the bar." I said looking at the ground still in shock. "We should of told you sooner we know but we really like you both and we didn't want you to be caught up in our lifestyle if you didn't feel comfortable." Johnny explained. I looked at Corra and we smiled, I am guessing we could get use to this. I smiled and kissed Matt he instantly knew I was ok with this. "Now may I please go to work?" I smiled heading to the door.

We drove in silence for a bit heading to Saoirse. "Are you sure you are ok with this??" Matt asked pulling up beside the bar. "Yes I am fine with it babe stop worrying please." I smiled kissing him now go get a shower and I will see you later on. As I walked in to the bar Corra stood there smiling, " I know only us Corra haha" I laughed high fiving her. The bar started to fill up quickly as it was friday everyone just wanted to chill out. "Hey Layla!" I heard someone shout. "Hey Val whats up sweetheart." I said hugging her across the bar. "Matt told me you were o with him being famous, your a great girl Layla dint let him slide threw your fingers" She smiled as I poured two Jager shots. "I will toast to that" I said downing the shot and smiled. "Talk Later" Val said walking away from the bar. The night really flew by me and Corra were on fire tonight as we danced around the bar with Lucas in tow, we also trained Val behind the bar. We noticed hat her and Lucas took a liking for each other too. "Come on everybody go home to your loved ones " I said letting the last group out. I shut the door and locked it. I seen Corra and Val having a drink on the bar so I went to join them. "What you told that fucking Irish whore that we were famous. you are both such idiots for telling her. Matt Layla is fucking up this family very quickly and I am having none of it. you are meant to be with Val! We want it, the fans want it, your own family wants it." Zacky shouted. I walked over to zacky and looked him straight in the eye. " Fair enough I get it Zacky what is your fucking problem about me dating Matt?" I asked calmly. "You bitch don't belong in our family, your are nothing but a lousy bar maid. You will just suck the money out of Matt." Zacky said. "Who the fuck do you think you are, you are nothing but a spoiled brat Zacky, you don't get your own way you take out on us. Face it Val as moved on and so has Matt and btw I am a barmaid but yet I own this pub as well. Are you just upset that Matt has found someone he wants to be with or are you just licking your wounds over a past relationship." I smirked, I as really getting sick of his attitude, but before I could defend myself zacky punched me in the mouth.

I seen Matt going for Zacky but was stop by Corra. "She doesn't always need you to be her knight in shining Armour Matt, Layla can defend herself." Corra said from the bar. Corra was right as I picked myself off the floor Zacky went to walk away, before he had the chance I kicked him in the ribs, upper cut him and finally floored him with a punch straight in the face. I shook my hand. Everyone but Corra and Lucas stared at me in shock. "Hey I grew up in Dublin, my dad owned twelve pubs didn't think I learned how to handle myself in a bar fight. Oh and btw Zacky until you grow up and learn never to hit a woman don't step foot in my bar." I felt Matt pull me away. "Get him out of here." I told the guys. "I will get you charged with assault you bitch." Zacky spat at me. "Good luck last time I checked you hit me and I get three hits in return called self defense and I only hit you three times." I smiled and let Lucas ice my hand and clean my face. " Wow were the hell did you learn to fight like that?" Val asked astonished. "Its Layla Val what can she not do?" Lucas smiled. "In Dublin I came from a rough area, if you didn't know how to fight you would be someones punching bag plus iv worked in a bar since I was 15 and security thought me a thing or too" I smiled jumping off the counter and grabbed my bag. "Wow you must teach me some moves and Matt don't get on her bad side." Val smiled and winked. "I won't Val but if you all don't mind I am going to bring my beautiful girlfriend home." Matt said sweeping me ff my feet. "Night guys" I laughed in Matt's arms.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you will like and comment xx