Sequel: Just Live Your Life

Seize the Day

Chapter Twenty-Two

Well it's safe to say that Layla hates my little sister and I'm not mad at all. I know my sister is a bitch and a bit of a whore, hell I'm still have issues trusting her ever since she fucked my last two boyfriends behind my back. Seeing her throw herself at Matt really got to me, not because I like him or anything, but Matt is dating Layla and I'll be damned if she gets hurt. After Layla kicked us all out of the bar I headed to my car and Amirah followed right behind me. Unlocking my doors I let her get in while I talk to Johnny who is waiting for me over by his car. Walking over to him I smile as he wraps his arms around my waist and pulls me close to him.

“I had a fun time today.” he states staring into my eyes.

“We should do it again.”

“How about you skip work tomorrow? I can pick you up from your house and we could go back to mine and hang out.”

“Spend the whole day at your place huh? What would we do?” I ask walking my fingers up Johnny's chest looking up at him through my eyelashes.

“We could do a lot. Play video games, watch movies, play with my dog, anything you wanna do.”

“Oh for fuck sake just kiss her already!” Johnny and I both turn our heads to the left and sure enough everyone is by their cars watching us. I blush and Johnny curses under his breath.

“I...I should go.” I say and Johnny frowns as I pull away from him. I turn to walk away, but Johnny grabs my hand and pulls me back to him. He presses his lips to mine and everyone cheers as Johnny dips me making me laugh. He straightens us up and kisses my cheek.

“I'll see you tomorrow beautiful. Be ready by eleven.” Johnny whispers in my ear.

“Bye Johnny.” I breath and peck his lips. Johnny lets me go and I hurry to my car ignoring everyone's cat calls and shouts. Getting in my car I shove the key in the engine and start it up, I press my foot on the gas and pull out beeping twice at everyone.

“So...you and Johnny Christ huh?” Amirah asks and I glance over at her.

“No. Johnny and I are just friends.”

“With benefits?”

“No. We're just friends, nothing else.”

“But you kissed him.”

“That was nothing.”

“You like him?”

“Does it matter?” I ask and I see Amirah shake her head from the corner of my eye.

“You'd be better off with Syn, he's way hotter.” Amirah states and I roll my eyes.

“His name is Brian and he's got a wife. Besides there are no feelings between us.”

“What about Zack?”

“What about him? He's a dick.”

“Is he single?”

“Yeah...”

“Oh.” Amirah says nothing after that and I'm thankful she doesn't. Half the shit she says pisses me off and she doesn't even try. Yes I love my sister, but I can't stand who she is. She doesn't care who she hurts as long as she gets what she wants...maybe Layla is right, her and Zack would be perfect for each other. Pulling up in front of my house I bite my tongue when Amirah makes a face. She still lives with our parents and unlike me they have money on top of money. “I don't understand why you live here.” Amirah states as we get out of the car.

“I spent my hard earned cash on this place Amirah. That's why I live here. It's mine, I got it all by myself without the help of Mom or Dad.”

“You should have had their help, this place sucks.”

“Then sleep at a fucking hotel!” I snap unlocking the door and stepping inside. Amirah walks in and shuts the door behind her.

“I don't wanna be alone.” she mummers and I roll my eyes.

“I'm going to bed I got shit to do in the morning. You remember where everything is at right?”

“Not hard to forget there's so-” Amirah stops talking when I glare at her. “Sorry.” he mumbles.

“Whatever. Goodnight.” I say and head to my bedroom. Once in my room I strip out of my clothes and get a quick shower, more then ready for bed. I have to talk to Layla tomorrow and see what she has planed to get Amirah into Zack's arms and out of my hair. Why she's here I don't know, but I bet it's cause Mom and Dad aren't happy with her right now. She only visits me when she's in trouble or needs something that she knows I have or can get a lot quicker then she can. Throwing on a pair of girl boxers and a tank top I get in bed and fall into a well deserved sleep.

The sound of the fire alarm going on wakes me up and I rush out of my room running right into a cloud of black smoke. “What the fuck?!” I scream and run towards the front door. Unlocking it I rip it open and cover my mouth with my shirt as I hurry into the kitchen only to find Amirah desperately trying to put out a grease fire with water. “NO!” I shout and push her out of the way. I quickly grab a pot from the cabinet and drop it over the flame. I carefully reach over the stove to turn it off and I curse when another flam comes to life and catch my hand. “Amirah call 911!” I shout and she runs out of the kitchen, right past the stove knocking the pot over sending the flames to the floor. “Fuck!” I scream hurry out the kitchen.

Tears fall from my eyes due to the smoke and I pull Amirah out of the house. “Did you call?” I ask and she shakes her head. Looking at the door of my house I debate whether or not I should run back inside for my phone. “Give me you phone.” I order and she hands it to me. I dial 911 and tell them my situation. Hanging up I bite my lower lip, I hope they hurry soon. The smell of burning rubber fills my nose and my eyes widen. “Oh God no....no...no...no!” I mutter grabbing Amirah's hand. I run towards my car and duck behind it just in time as the whole left side of my house goes up in flames. Neighbors all come running out houses with phones pressed to their ears and I stand up taking in the damage. The sound of the fire tuck coming down the street is only background noise and I watch motionless as firefighters work to kill the flames that are eaten my house away.

“Corra?!”

“Oh my God.”

“Corra?!” Arms wrap around me asking me if I'm okay and what's going on, but I don't answer. I don't take my eyes off of my house, the house I worked so hard for.

“Corra what happened?” I hear Layla's voice asks in alarm and I manage to pull my eyes away from the depressing scene in front of me. Looking at Layla's worried face, Matt's concerned eyes and up into Johnny's sorry eyes I snap. My tears fall and Johnny's hold on me tightens as I cry into his chest. Layla wraps her arms around me as well and then Matt steps in.

“What happened?” he asks and I turn my head towards Amirah, who doesn't look the least bit of sad or worried.

Layla looks at her and glares, “What did you do?” she hisses and Amirah looks at her innocently.

“Nothing. I tried to make Corra a nice breakfast and-” I didn't even let her finish her lie. I pushed out of their arms and tackled her to the ground.

“You're such a bitch!” I scream in her face. “I hate you!” I scream and punch her in the face. I go to hit her again, but Matt pulls me off of her. He shoves me in Johnny's arms and he struggles to hold me back.

“Johnny get her out of here!” Layla orders and Johnny drags me to his car. He shoves me inside and locks me in. I sit in the passenger seat and cry my eyes out. What did I do to deserve this? An hour passes and Johnny comes back to the car with two cops behind him. He unlocks the door and opens it.

“Ms. Green we're sorry about your house. Can you tell us what stared the fire?” One of the offers asks and I point behind them to my sister who is crying her eyes out while the camera is in her face.

“Ask her. She'll know all about it since she started it.” I state with pure, angry, hateful venom in my voice. The cops look at each other and walk away without another word. Johnny crouches down in front of me and takes my hands in his.

“You can stay with me till everything they fix everything.” Johnny mummers and I shake my head clearing my throat.

“I can't afford it Johnny. It took me forever to save up the money for that house. I can't save all that money up again...”

“Then you can stay with me...forever!” Johnny says with a smile on his face and I smile lightly shaking my head.

“I can't do that do you Johnny.”

“Nonsense. Sure you can! I want you to.” Johnny says and I look in his eyes. “Come on what's the worse that could happen?” he asks and wiggles his eyes brows. I laugh and he smiles, “There we go, that's what I like to hear. So what'da say?”

“...I'll...I'll move in with you.” I mummer and Johnny's smile widens.

“Great! We'll go shopping for things after we swing by my place so I can get you some pants and a jacket.”

“You don't have to do that. I have a set of clothes in my car.” I say and Johnny looks at me oddly. “I always have a set of clothes just in case I crashed at Layla's or Lucas' place.” I explain and he smiles.

“Smart.” he says and stands up. Johnny pulls me from the car and leads me over to Matt's truck with his arm around my waist. Layla spots me and pulls me into a hug smoothing down my hair.

“Everything will be okay honey.” she says sounding like a mother.

“...Yeah I know. Look about your plan can you put it into action soon?” I ask and Layla nods her head with a frown on her lips as we both look over at my sister who is talking to the police. She looks over at me and I glare at her.

“Can I kill her?” Layla asks.

“Layla.” Matt scolds and I laugh.

“Na. I couldn't have you behind bars now. I'd be stuck with Lucas trying to run Saoirse.” I joke and Layla frowns.

“She better not do anything else or I'll put her ass in the hospital.” Layla states.

“Not before I do it myself.” I sigh and Layla rubs my back.

“Hey Corra?”

“Yeah Matt?” I ask looking over at him.

“Get in the car.” he orders and I furrow my eyebrows.

“What? Why?”

“I don't like that your ass is going to be on the news tonight.” Matt states nodding his head to our left. Layla and I both turn to see what he's talking about and my face heats up with I see the camera for multiple news stations fixed on me. Johnny quickly takes his shirt off, hands it to me and stands in front of me while I slip it on over my head.

“Thanks Johnny.” I mummer still blushing.

“Don't worry bout it....We're gonna get going.” Johnny says and I curse. “What?” he asks.

“My car keys were in the house.” I state with a pout and Johnny laughs.

“Looks like we'll be swinging by my house after all.” he says. Sighing I give Matt and Layla a hug as I head to Johnny's car.

“Corra? Corra?” I turn around and glare as Amirah runs over to me.

“What?” I snap and she rolls her eyes.

“Don't get pissy with me cause your stupid house burnt down.”

“You're the dumb fuck that did it!” I hiss balling my fists at my sides.

“Whatever. Where am I going to sleep tonight?” she ask and I stare at her like she's crazy.

“I'm not having this conversation with you right now. I don't fucking care where you sleep tonight. I heard the park benches are lovely at night. You can ever cuddle a hobo for warmth.” I say with a large sarcastic smile on my face. “Better yet why don't you just go the fuck home?” I ask sweetly and storm away leaving Amirah standing in the middle of the street alone really pissed and embarrassed.

“What was that about?” Johnny asks as I get in his car.

“She was just saying how sorry she was.” I lie and Johnny nods his head pulling off. Today can not get any worse.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yes I know it's been forever since the last update. My bat. Hope you're all having a good Holiday.

Amirah is a bitch isn't she??

Check out Red Coat it's a Zacky Vengeance two-shot that has Last Full Moon as it's sequel that is also a two-shot.

Comment and subscribe!