Sequel: Just Live Your Life

Seize the Day

Chapter Twenty-Eight

Johnny's Pov

We've been on tour for three days now and I'm missing home, more so Corra then anything else. I've never felt like this before. With Corra in my life I have something to look forward to going home to. With Corra in my life everything is different and I feel great about that change. Tonight we're playing a show in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and I'm excited. We always have a good time in Philly between the food and the clubs. Right now we're all sitting around on the bus relaxing. Matt's driving the bus, Brian and Jimmy are playing the PS3, Zack is in his bunk on the phone and I'm up front with Matt keeping him company.

“Have you talked to Layla lately?” I ask and Matt nods his head.

“She misses home, but she's happy to see her family.”

“Is she staying the whole two weeks back home?”

“I'm not sure, she didn't really say.” Matt says. “What about you? How is Corra?” he asks and I can't help, but smile at the mention of her name.

“She's doing good. The bar is still standing and she hasn't killed Amirah yet.” Matt laughs and shakes his head.

“That women is crazy. How Zack can put up with her I have no idea.”

“Same. Amirah is very high maintenance and Corra told me that she's been spending all her time on the phone with Zack complaining.”

“About what?”

“No clue.” I answer and Zack walks up to the front.

“Just a heads up we're staying in a hotel tonight.” Zack says.

“For what?” Matt asks.

“Amirah will be at the show tonight and I want some alone time with her.” Zack says and I can see Matt's body tense.

“What the hell Zack?! We can't put a day of driving off because you want to fuck your girl.” Matt groans and Zack glares at him.

“Whatever. You're only saying that 'cause your bitch is-”

“Zack.” I scold noticing Matt's grip on the steering wheel tighten. “Go do whatever you were doing. I'll book a hotel.” I say and Zack nods his head leaving.

“I don't know who I'm going to kill first. Zack for talking shit or Amirah for ever stepping foot in Saoirse.” Matt states with a frown on his face and I chuckle.

“Don't worry man. Just think at least for a night we'll be able to sleep in a real bed.” I point out and Matt sighs done with talking. Pulling my cell phone out of my pocket I call the one hotel that we always stay at while in Philadelphia and book three rooms. Matt and I will share a room, Brian and Jimmy, then Zack and Amirah can have a room all to themselves. When Matt pulls into the parking lot of the venue that we'll be playing I notice that kids are already lined up waiting for us. Matt parks the bus and we all hurry off entering the building through the back so we won't be noticed. I sets myself on the couch inside the room we have backstage and watch as Brian and Matt start to work out along with Jimmy joining in latter on. Zack sits next to me and texts Amirah smirking from time to time.

Three hours pass and other bands are now in the building so we leave the back room and talk. “Zacky!” I cringe hearing Amirah's voice and Matt frowns. Zack turns around and catches Amirah in his arms as she throws herself at him. The two of them start making out and I bite back a laugh as Brian and Jimmy both gag. Amirah whispers something in Zack's ear and the two of them run off to be alone.

“Who was that?” Craig, the lead singer of Escape The Fate asks.

“Zack's new girlfriend Amirah.” I say and he shakes his head making a face.

“She's hot, but....eh.”

“Yeah we know.” Brian says and we all laugh.

By 8:30 PM the concert has started and we go out at 11:50 PM since we're the headliner. Matt's cell goes off and a smile takes over his face. “Who's calling ya Matt huh? Is that your girlfriend?” Jimmy asks in a girl voice and Matt flips him off as he answers his phone with a, “Hey baby.” before he leaves the back room that we are in once again.

“So you and Corra fuck yet?” Brian asks and I just stare at him. “What? I can't ask?”

“No. Do I ask you about fucking Michelle?” I ask and Brian smirks.

“I can tell you if you want.” Brian says wiggling his eyebrows.

“No thanks man I don't wanna know.” I say and Brian opens his mouth to comment, but he stops when the door opens and Amirah walks in the room with Zack's around wrapped around her waist giggling about something he said.

Zack kisses her cheek and rests his chin on her shoulder with a smile on his face, “When are we going on?” Zack asks and I look at him. His eyes are a lot brighter and he no longer has dark circles underneath his eyes. I can say that this is the first time Zack has truly been happy ever since him and Gena broke up. If Amirah really makes him this happy, I'll sure as hell try to get Matt to be a lot nicer to her. Ever since she tried to bang him in the shower he's been on edge around her, hell we all have.

“We hit the stage at 11:55 PM man.” Brian says.

“You gonna be good for tonight?” Jim asks and Zack nods his head.

“I'm more then good.” Zack says and Amirah giggles. Why must she giggle so much? It's not even cute.

“Where's Matt?” Amirah asks looking around the room.

“He's on the phone with Layla.” I say and I notice the annoyance flash in her brown eyes that are nothing like her sister's.

“Oh.” she says and pulls Zack over to the couch. Zack sits down and Amirah sits down in his lap with a smile on her face as Zack wraps his arms around her.

“I'm thirty, Johnny go get some beers man.” Brian says and I shake my head.

“There's beer in the fridge beside you jackass.” I say and Brian turns his head to the left noticing the little fridge.

“Where the fuck did that come from?” Jimmy asks and Brian shrugs his shoulders as he grabs four beers and tosses them to us. He offers Amirah as beer, but she declines the offer. Jason Berry comes into the room with a few bottles of good shit and soon after Matt comes in. Jason opens the bottle of Jack and we all take a couple shots. Twenty minutes later we're all feeling good and it's now 11:00 PM.

“I have to piss.” Zack states and he sets Amirah on Matt's lap, “Hold her. I'll be right back.” Zack says and walks out the room. Matt moves to set Amirah off of him and she knocks his beer out of his hand getting it all over his shirt.

“Fuck!” Matt shouts.

“Oh my God I'm so sorry!” Amirah says and Matt pushes her off of him gently as we all laugh.

“It's alright, I'm good.” Matt says standing up. He pulls his shirt off and tosses it on the floor, “Dammit. Jim give me another beer.” Matt orders and Jim throws Matt another one. He catches it and twists the cap off. He takes a long drag from it and sets it on the table, “What time is it?” he asks.

“Um...” I look at my watch, “It's 11:09 PM.” I say. Matt nods his head and goes over to his little duffel bag pulling out his Ipod. He shoves the ear buds in his ear and goes through the music before he starts singing to warm up his vocal cords. Jimmy grabs his drum sticks and looks at me, “What?” I ask.

“Don't leave me hanging shortshit.” Jim says and I sigh getting up off the couch. Uncasing my bass I sit across from Jimmy on the floor and as he starts drumming a random beat on the table I start plucking away at my strings. Brian grabs his guitar and starts messing around on it. With all of us busy Amirah sits on the couch watching each of us with boredom in her eyes, but when they fall on to Matt they light up slightly. Zack enters the room and few minutes later and Brian makes a comment about his ass being fat. Taking a large offense to that Zack challenges Brian to a push-up competition and Brian agrees. The loser has to buy the winner all his drinks for the night. Hearing this Matt jumps in and so does Jimmy.

“You joining Johnny?” Brian asks and I shake my head.

“You know damn well I can't beat any of you in push-ups.” I state and they all laugh. “I'll be the judge.” I say and they all get down on the floor across from each other. “On three. One...two...three.” I say and start giving them a cadences. Jimmy drops out at eight-two, Brian quits at eighty-six and now at ninety-one Matt and Zack are still going at it. Matt's legs start to quiver and Zack's elbows start to wobble.

“Come on Zack kick his ass!” Jimmy shouts jumping up and down excitedly and Brian shakes his head.

“I know your not going to let Vengeance beat you Shads. Come on man, you can't let him beat you!” Brian says pleading for Matt to win.

“Just stop already.” Matt grunts out and Zack shakes his head.

“Fuck that man. You stop.” Zack says and Matt groans as his arms give out from under him at one hundred and five.

“Fuck yeah!” Jimmy shouts.

“Pussy.” Zack grunts as he dishes out five more stopping at one hundred and ten. Zack picks himself up off the floor and Jimmy throws his arms around him. “See that baby, they can't beat me.” Zack says and Amirah smiles.

“You're so strong Zacky!” she coos and he grins from ear to ear.

“Damn straight!” he says and Jimmy put Zack in a head lock. Zack takes Jimmy's legs out from under him and the two fall to the floor wrestling. After five or so minutes Matt breaks them up and we all grab our beers and sit down.

“How's Layla doing?” I ask looking at Matt.

“She wants to be here in Philly with us.” Matt says with a small smile on his face.

“Poor thing is missing us dearly huh?” I ask and Matt nods his head.

“She'll be home before she knows it.” Brian says.

“Yeah then the two of you can fuck all you want!” Jimmy exclaims and Matt flips his off earning a laugh from all of us, but Amirah.

“Guys you're on in ten.” Mattie says popping his head in along with Danny and his brother Jason. We all stand up and leave the room to make our way to the stage. Amirah jumps on Zack's back and he carries her bouncing her around a little as he walks. By the time we get to the stage Bullet For My Valentine is getting off.

“Kill 'em out there.” Matt Tuck says as he passes us and we thanks him. Zack sets Amirah down and as we settle ourselves in a circle Danny leads us in a little pep talk and my blood starts pumping hearing everyone chanting “Avenge Sevenfold” and screaming. Five minutes go by and the lights go out.

“Go out there and blow 'em away!” Jason says and he slaps all our asses as we head out on stage. The opening organ to Critical Acclaim bleeds through the air and my heartbeat quickens as a rush of energy shoots through me. Matt screams and we start to play.

After the concert and night out on the town

Laughing at the joke Jimmy just got done telling I shake my head as a yawn cuts Matt's laugh short. “I'm going the fuck to bed....I can't even see straight.” Matt slurs and we all laugh as he gets up and staggers out the hotel bar. After two more shots I decided that it would be best if I head up as well. Jimmy, Brian, Mattie and Jason all wave me off as I leave. Zack and Amirah went up to their room an hour ago and Matt left five or so minutes ago. Standing in front of the elevator I lift my hand up to press the up button, but the doors open.

Zack smiles at me and steps off, “Where you going?” I ask stepping inside the elevator and holding it open.

“Amirah is sleep so I'm gonna have a few drinks with the guys.” Zack says and I nod my head. “See ya in the morning shortshit.”

“Whatever fatty.” I grumble and Zack laughs as I let the doors close. The elevator goes up to the fifth floor before the doors open and I step out. Heading to the room that I'm sharing with Matt I smile as I think about what Corra is doing right now. Most likely she's sleeping right now curled up in bed with Peanut. As if she could read my thoughts my phone goes off and I pull it out of my pocket only to see that Corra texted me. Opening the text I smile Night Johnny xo Corra Texting her back a goodnight I shove my phone in my pocket and continue on my way to the room happy that I talked to my girlfriend. As I get closer to the room my eyebrows furrow in confusion when I hear the sound of giggling and loud whispers. Picking up my paste I push open the door that's not fully closed and my eyes widen when I see Amirah with her lips attached to Matt's neck, both of them shirtless.

Neither one notices me and I glare at Amirah as she rubs Matt through his jeans. He pushes her hands away from him, but she won't leave him alone. “Get the fuck off of him!” I shout and Amirah jumps stepping away from Matt looking at me like a deer caught in the headlights. Seething with anger it takes all of me to not knock some fucking sense into Corra's little sister as I step to the side and point to the door. “Get. Out.” I manage to hiss through clenched teeth.

“Johnny it's no-”

“Shut up! I don't want fucking hear it! You're such a fucking whore, how can you do this to Zack?!” I yell and she glares at me. “I swear Amirah I've never hit a women in my life, but if you don't fucking leave that'll change....real fast.” The annoyance disappears from Amirah's eyes and is replaced by fear. Without looking back at Matt or me she hurries out the room and I slam the door shut behind her. Turning my glare to Matt it fades seeing him looking so confused and lost. Sighing I walk over to him and lead him over to his bed.

“I-I didn't w-want it J-Johnny.” Matt says stumbling over his words. “She s-smelt r-really good.”

“Yeah...just lay down Matt we'll talk in the morning.” I say pushing Matt lightly down onto the bed. He lays back and I help him out of his shoes and jeans.

“H-hey J-Johnny?”

“Yeah Matt?” I answer as I fold his clothes and set them on the chair.

“Y-you're my h-hero. I-I love y-you.” Matt slurs and I shake my head.

“I love you too man, but go to sleep. You're so fucking smashed.”

“Yeah. I-I am.” Matt says and soon after the only sound coming from him is snoring. Walking over to my overnight bag I grab a clean pair of boxers and walk into the bathroom. Taking my clothes off I get a quick shower and let my mind fully process what I walked in on. I need to tell Corra, something needs to be done about her sister. Stepping out of the shower I dry off, put my boxers on and grab my phone off the sink counter. Call me when you wake up babe Johnny-Boy Exiting the bathroom I walk over to my bed, set my phone on the nightstand, get in bed and get under the covers. Sighing I lay on my back and look over at Matt who is sleeping peacefully. 'He's gonna be in for it tomorrow.' I think to myself before I fall asleep.

In the morning I'm woken up by the sound of Matt throwing up in the bathroom. Sitting up I rub the sleep from my eyes and look at my phone to check the time. It's eight in the morning, we have to be on the road by 9:30 AM. Sending a text to all the guys telling them to get up and get ready I get out of bed. “You okay in there?” I call out to Matt and he replies with a chocked “Yeah.” Shaking my head I get dressed and as I'm putting my shoes on Matt exits the bathroom looking like shit. “I got some pain killers in my bag if you need them.” I tell him and he digs around in my bag. Watching as Matt quickly downs two pills without water I lick my lower lip. “Matt?”

“Humm?” he asks plopping down on his bed across from mine.

“Do you...” I sigh trying to find the words I want to use. “What's the last thing you remember about last night?” I ask.

Matt looks at me with raised eyebrows, “Johnny you saying that makes me think bad things went down between us.”

“Oh hell no! That's just gross Matt. I love you and all, but...ew.”

“Oh thank God!” Matt says and then shakes his head. “Um...jeez the last thing I remember? We were downstairs drinking and then I came up here and I guess passed out. Why?” Matt asks and I groan. It would be my luck for Matt to not remember anything about Amirah trying to force herself on him. “Johnny? Why? Did something important happen?” Matt asks.

“I...well...y-yeah you could say that.” Matt looks at me waiting for me to continue. “W-what necessary would you do if you know, I told you that I walked in on you and Amirah making out?” I ask trying to play it cool, but fail.

“What? Please like that would ever happen.” Matt says and he looks at me. “I'm not going to do anything because that didn't happen.” I bite the inside of my cheek and Matt eyes me up. “It didn't happen Johnny...right?” Matt mutters to himself and I want to kill myself as I watch him trying to replay last night in his mind. Seeing the look on his face I can tell that he can't remember anything at all.

“Matt it did happen. I stopped her before she could get any farther.”

“John don't fuck with me. I have a hangover and it's too early for mind games.”

“I'm not fucking with you.” I say.

“Fuck!” Matt groans and flops back on the bed covering his face with his hands. “Layla's going to leave me.” Matt says and I can hear the anger and guilt in his voice.

“I'm going to tell Corra about it and see if she can do anything. It wasn't your fault, you were pushing her away.” I tell him and Matt shakes his head.

“Johnny who the hell is going to believe that? Look at me and look at Amirah. There is noway Layla or Corra will believe you.”

“Why would we lie about this?” I ask and Matt sighs.

“I-I can't tell...dammit I hate the whore.” Matt takes a breath and runs a hand over his head. “Okay I'll wait. That's what I'll do. I'll wait till Layla gets back from visiting her family before I tell her...that way I can figure something out. I can...I'm screwed aren't I?” Matt asks and I shake my head.

“No you're not. Everyone knows how Amirah is and they know how you are when you drink too much.” I point out and Matt looks at me doubtfully. “Don't worry Matt we're not going to let Amirah fuck anything up for you.” I say and Matt nods his head.

“I hope you're right dude.” Matt says and I sigh quietly. I hope so too.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the wait everyone. I didn't have a lot of free time on my hands.

Comment and subscribe.