Sequel: Just Live Your Life

Seize the Day

Chapter Thirty - Three

As I pulled on my black ankle boots I looked myself in the mirror. "No more crying over him you are going to do what you came here to do and that was to run a bar!" I told myself. I let my loosely curled hair wrap around me as I grabbed my keys to my black BMW. I was going to sort things out with Corra today over lunch. I know I over reacted when i found out she knew about Amirah and Matt. I wasnt going to lose my best friend over it. As I stepped down off the last step I heard a knock on the door. I opened up the door to be greeted by a dozen white roses. I smiled and took them off the person who was delivering these beuatiful flowers. As I walked into my kicthen I placed the flowers on the kitchen island. I opened the card and read the note and it simply read "I love you M x ". I shoved the card back into its envelope and grabbed my bag. I got into my car and started the engine as I pulled out of my drive way I passed Vals car, she was helping Matt get rid of his things while I was at lunch. I smiled and waved at Val and continued my journey over to Lynns cafe.

I parked my car and got out, walking into the cafe I smiled and greeted Corra who was already sitting waiting for me. "Hey boss lady." Corra greeted me. I took in her appearence and soon got worried over the marks on her skin. "What happened to you darling." I said my voice filled with concern. "I am fine stop worrying Layla, I just taught my sister a lesson or two about getting in my way over things. Well over you and Matt." Corra spoke. "Corra you shouldn't of gotten involved. You know what I am like I can defend my own honour but even though im stubborn as fuck thank you." I said with a soft smile.. We soon ordered our food talking about mindless things, as we ate I cleared my throat and told Corra I was sorry for over reacting. "I am sorry for how I spoke to you but Layla you have to believe us Matt was hammered, Johnny stopped Amirah from going any further with Matt." Corra said and watched as my face held a sad loo. "It doesnt mean I can trust him drunk or sober." I sighed finishing my water. "I am definiately not letting this come between us Corra. Come on your family to me over here, Matt isnt family." I laughed lightly. "Layla stop being stubborn and make up wit him"I got a dozen white roses from Matt before I came here. Man does he know me so well." I smiled" Bit I aint being played a fool and I choose to accept that and move on." I smiled weakly showing Corra I was strong enough to get through this. "Then there is nothing more to say then is there." Corra sighed and I shook my head.

After we finished lunch the two of us headed over to Saorise to get ready for work. Tonight was the busiest night for us. I will admit it was nice to laugh with Val Lucas and Corra again. "You guys mean a lot to me" I shouted over the music. "Hey Layla heard your single again and chance of a date?" Brandon our regluar customer asked drukenly. " I maybe single but I am not looking for a rebound Brandon but thank you" I smiled and got back to work. For the whole night I chatted away to Brandon but soon as I turned my back to put money in the till I heard a chant starting and I quickly spun around to see what was going on. "Fight fight fight fight!" I heard my customers cant. Who the ell is fighting. I wasnt suprised to see Matt fighting Brandon who was talking to me. "You think it is ok to chat up my girlfriend ask her out." I heard Matt shout. I jumped over the bar along with Lucas to try and calm the situation down, but I think I made it worse. "Matt Outside now!" I shouted at him and he did what he was told. I apoligized to Brandon and told Lucas to give him a few drinks on me.

I stormed outside and Came face to face with Matt wh was leaning against the wall of m bar. "Do you not understand perfect english I told you I didnt want you in my pub and how dare you start a fight." I said through clenched teeth. "He was making a pass at you all night Layla. I wasnt going to let im take you from me." Matt said quietly. "I aint your fucking property Matt. I am my own person I am no longer your girlfriend so dont start fights in my pub you hear me." I was getting angrier now. "Just get out of my sight Matt I am not your girlfriend anymore you got your chance you broke your promise so get out of my sight. You are just a Rockstar and nothing else to me." I could see that hurt Matt already and I felt like a right jackass now! but I stood my ground. "Were over Matt you can hangout here and what not with your friends but I have made it clear to Zacky and Amirah they aren't welcome but me and you are over for good!" I sighed sniffing back the tears. Matt said nothing just looked at the ground, I hugged him tightly and kissed his cheek and wispered " Goodbye Matt, I still love you to but it will never be us again." I told him letting go. I hadn't realize it was near closing time. So I straightened myself up and walked back in with a smile on my face and helped get rid of my customers. I apoligized to Brandon and he said it was alright because Matt must really love me to do that. I just nodded and said night to him.

After we got the whole place cleaned up I said my goodbyes outside and headed to my car before the rain fell. As I pulled out of the alley way beside Saoirse I still seen Matt standing there with his hood up and his eyes dark and red. I sniffed back the tears and kept driving. As I drove past the beach I suddenly pulled over. I got out of my car and ran down the beach. Before I knew it I was curled over throwing my guts up in the sand. I soon felt two soft hands on my back. "Its ok get it up Layla." I heard Corra whisper to me soothing me. I soon stood up straight and I just couldn't hold it in anymore. "What have I done Corra? What ave I done to deserve this pain?" I cried harder as I wiped the heavy rain and tears away from face. "You have done nothing wrong Layla! You can fix this stop being so stubborn with Matt!" Corra said hugging me me tightly in the rain. "I cant Corra I told him he was just a Rockstar and nothing else but I still loved him but couldnt trust him ever again." I sniffed soon bending over t throw up again. "Lets get ou hme babe and I will get Val and Lucas over." Corra said helping me back to my car. "Thanks but I will be alright Corra I am just glad to hae you back." I said hugging her tightly. "I am still driving you home and Johnny will folllow ok?" Corra smiled at me. "Ok" I said sniffing back the tears and getting in the passenger side.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh so Layla is regretting her words that she said to Matt? Do you think Layla breaking up with Matt is the right or wrong decision? but YAY! Layla and Corra are back friends. So Comment Subscribe!