Sequel: Just Live Your Life

Seize the Day

Chapter Thirty - Five

As the weeks past since my lovely event of throwing up on the beach and Matt fighting in the bar, life was starting to feel normal again. Well not entirely normal I still found it hard to be around Matt. I invited Lucas Corra Val and Johnny over to my house for dinner as I was waiting for Lily and Ger to arrive for there one last proper night of freedom. I was making dinner for everyone roast beef, mashed potatoes, roasted potatoes and mixed vegtables. Corra Val and I were in the kitchen drinking wine and having a small bit of gossip time. "Cant Believe Lily and Ger are going to be married soon!" Val squealed in delight and I laughed. "Aye my big sis is getting married but it is nice they are going to be here for a bit. "What time do they arrive in at?" Corra asked. "Half ten tonight they are going to swing by the bar later when they get in, its going to be nice having them back over." I smiled cutting the meat for dinner. "Layla it smells wonderful in here, I miss you cooking for me." Lucas laughed which earned a laugh from Corra who also remembers me cooking big dinners when she first arrived here. "I am telling you Val Layla is a great cook she would cook every day when we all lived here together." Lucas explained cuddling Val. "You all lived together?" Val asked and the three of us nodded. "We did indeed, when Saoirse first opened barely could afford this place alone plus food and all that but then we saved and saved then Lucas moved out then Corra." I smiled.

I finally had dinner ready an hour later. "Ok Layla we have to ask were did you get them beautiful roses?" Corra asked. "Matt!" Val and I both said at the same time and giggled. "Have you talked to him or seen him lately?" Johnny asked and I sook my head in reply. " How is he?" feeling my stomach twist at the thought of Matt. "I am going to be honest and I think we all agree he is miserable with out you." Johnny said and everyone nodded their heads in agreement. "He has been writing and Layla the songs are about killing some one or the pain he is in!" Johnny sighed. Soon a sad look came over my face and I excused myself from the table and headed in to the kitchen. I looked into the sink and breathed deeply, I missed Matt terribly and to be honest I hated feeling like this. I soon felt two arms around me in a hug and I knew it was Lucas. "Layla stop putting yourself through all this pain, were is my strong Irish lass gone." Lucas asked making me laugh because he caught on to my slang and said lass for girl. "I don't know were she is gone Lucas I miss him every day but I aint being played a fool." I sighed washing my plate.

"Layla I have seen what he has been like with out you every day since I moved in with Val a month ago he misses you more than you will ever believe. You are everything to him. I am asking you to stop being stubborn could you imagine what your dad would say or even your mom or Lily would say if they seen what what Matt was like with out you?" Lucas said squeezing tighter. "They would say I was a fool for letting him go, that my own stubborness was my down fall and even though I couldn't let my guard down to let Matt love me, He was making a bigger impact on my life more than Adam ever did." I laughed knowing Lucas was right. "Take it day by day Layla warm yourself back up to him but your cold nature is killing him and also we better head to work!" Lucas said and I playfully hit him.

-FF two days -

Tonight Corra Val and I are getting ready for Lilys hen's party. As we all got ready I listened in to Val and Lilys conversation abot the wedding. "How does it feel to have Ger being your brother in law soon Layla?" Lily giggled sipping on her wine. "Like it has always felt Lil, Ger has always been family to me. ad how you two have been together for what almost twenty years?" I giggled. "Wait you and Ger were High School sweethearts?" Val squealed in delight. Lily nodded and smiled, as Val told the story about how her and Matt were High School sweet hearts "What was Layla's sweetheart like?" Val and Corra asked Lily. "You guys met him in the bar the other night!" I smirked cause I didnt introduce Adam as my ex. "Ger's best man is Adam they are like brothers, still after Layla broke Adam's little heart." Lily teased. I half heartedly smiled back at Lily and thought to myself did I really break Adams heart like Matt broke mine?. I shrugged te feeling off and finished spraying the last bit of hair spray to hold my hair in place. The car soon pulled up to take Ger away on his night on the town with Adam and the Avenged guys I ran down stairs and smiled hugging ger good night, I could feel slight tension between Adam and Matt. I walked past Matt and hugged Adam and whispered a light threat to bring Ger home in one piece. I walked into the kitchen to open another bottle of wine, "You look amazing." Matt said from the door way giving me a fright.
"Matt don't do that!" I said throwing the cap of the bottle at him and he laughed at me. I laughed to at him, I soon felt Matt pull me into his arms. "I miss you everyday Layla, You have to believe me when I say it Amirah has caused all this pain for nothing and really nothing happened between me and her bar her kissing me. A photo doesn't explain what happened that night and I hop one day you will believe me on that!" Matt said pecking my lips and headed towards the vase of roses he had sent me and took out a rose and broke the stem off. He lightly put it in my hair and smiled it suits you and with hat he left and headed out to the car with the guys. Soon our car pulled and I was waiting for Lily to come down the stairs. I was fixing my make up when I heard Lily speak "When did you put a rose in your hair?" Lily smiled and I went red. "Oh Matt put it there earlier" I smiled to myself. "You will make things right and normal again soon little sis just go your own way about it but remember he loves you!" Lily said and headed out to the car. I just rolled my eyes and closed the door of my home and muttered under my breath " Wil you all shut up!"

We all arrived in the club about half an hour later. I went to the bar and ordered a round of Mojitos. As I walked back to the tables and set down the drinks Val pulled me up on to the dance floor to dance to "Moves Like Jagger" by Maroon 5. We were soon joined by Corra and Lily. After a few songs I decided to sit down and take a break, I checked my phone as I sat down. Nthing knew bar Lucas sending me drunken I love you texts which always made me laugh. I soon felt a presence beside it was a tall guy with blue eyes and short brown hair. "What is a beautiful girl like you sitting all alone for?" he asked taking a swig of his drink. "Cause I want too" I said sharply. " Easy now hunny, dont be like that! How about me and you get out of here and go back to mine?" he said as he nuzlled into my neck. "how about no! I have a boyfriend!" I said pushing him away from me. "Where is he ten, sure he is real hunny?" your man asked trying to kiss me. He was soon forcing himself on top of me and I screamed oout Matts name with out thinking and it was like he had heard me call because soon he lifted your man off and started punching him. "Stay the fuck away from my girlfriend you asshole!" Matt said between punches. "She never said she was with anyone Mr.Shadows." the guy said trying to catch his breath. "You fucking liar I said I have a boyfriend can you not understand engliish or is my accent to hard for you to understand!" I said swiftly kicking him in the balls.

"Layla are you ok?" Val Corra and Lily rushed over to me along with the rest of the guys. I looked up to matt as him and the guys explained to security about what had happened. " Lets just go back to the bar please." I said ashamed of mself that i had cried out for Matt. We all headed back to Saoirse with the guys in tow. When we got back to the bar I hopped behind the bar and started pouring drinks. I started downing shots of Tequila ike they were water. As I put another shot to my mouth I was soon stopped by Adam. "Wow Lay calm down! We all know what your like on this stuff." Adam said taking the shot himself. "How come he came to my rescue Adam?" I asked nodding towards Matt who was laughing with Ger and Brian at the pool table. " When we entered the club we seen Lily Corra and Val on te dance floor we looked around for you then Matt heard you scream his name and struggle to get your man off you. He flipped Layla, its like the lads do back at home." Adam said wrapping his arm around my shoulder. "By the way well done on the bar it is exactly how you guys pictured it." Adam said pulling me closer. "Thanks Adam means a lot coming from you! but you know what lets have a drink!" I said pouring two more shots of Tequila.

To be hnest I don't remember much after the Tequila bottle was finished. I can piece back parts of it. What I do remember is kissing Matt last night down by the Bathrooms. Don't ask me why but I should be told at some pont. As I laid still in my bed the next morning not wanting to open my eyes afraid to face my hangover. I felt the warm sun creep along my body through the window. I smiled and rolled over to come in contact to the person beside me. I opened my eyes lightly and soon jumped out of the bed realizing it was Matt sleeping beside naked. I looked down the covers and realized I was naked too. "Shit shit shit!" I groaned to myself and my self muttering woke Matt up. "Morning beautiful!" he said kissing my neck. "Matt last night was a once off thing I swear that was not ment to happen." I groaned covering my face. "Layla just face it we belong together s lets cut the crap and let me move back home please." Matt said pulling me to his lap. " Get out Matt just get out!!" I shouted and tossed his clothes at him. I got dressed and ran down stairs to get a bottle of water, As I walked in to my kitcen everyone was up looking at me with big grins on their faces before they could say anything I just grunted "Shut the fuck up and that means you three too!" I pointed to Lily Ger and Adam.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry guys it took so long life is well hetic over here with the run up to paddys day and all!
But come on tell me what you think and also Happy St Patricks Day from all of my friends and family here in Dublin!!

Remember if an Irish girls eyes are smiling, you know they are up to something!!