Sequel: Just Live Your Life

Seize the Day

Fourty - One

As I walked through the arrival gate in Dublin Airport, I scanned the crowd for Ger. As I walked a little further I seen my mom, Lily and Ger waiting for me beside the starbucks. I dropped my bags and ran over to them engulfing them in a huge hug. I pulled away so Corra and Val could say hello. "Layla your bump is so cute!" Lily squealed and I turned red in embarressment. As we walked out of the airport to the car park Lily discussed wedding plans. I made a face to Corra Val and Ger making them giggle. Lily ran through the plan all the way to the house. When we arrived Adam was waiting outside to greet us, "Layla!" everyone shouted at once which shocked Corra and Val. I laughed and walked behind the bar grabbed a pint glass and pulled a pint of Gunniness for a customer. "feels good to be home!" I shouted and everyone cheered. "Everyone say A Chead a Mile Failte to Corra and Val." I smiled dragging Val and Corra behind the bar. Everybody welcomed them both hugging and shaking hands, which made me smile.

I walked in to the back to the house I grew up in. I looked at my phone and still nothing from Matt, I sat down in my favourite arm chair and curled up. My mom came in to the room to talk to me alone while Corra and Val got themselves settled into the the spare room. "How did Matt take it?" Mom sat on the arm of the chair I was sitting in and played with my long brown hair. "I didnt stay for his answer I had to go catch my flight, it wasnt the way I wanted to tell him at all. He came in raging thinking me and Zacky were sneaking around behind his back but really Zacky was trying to be supportive of me. Matt was drinking a lot every night since the last time we shared our bed." I sighed. "I didnt give him a time to react, I thought he would of at least called me by now." I said lying my head against the chair. I just rested my head against the back of the chair but I was soon snapped out of my thoughts when Corra and Val sat beside me. "Screw this were going out for once its a nice day in Ireland!" I said making my mom laugh. " She is right guys first time it hasnt rained in weeks." My mom replied hushing us out of the house.

It felt good to be driving around Dublin again, I headed near the Cathedral where Lily and Ger would be getting married tomorrow evening. I watched the reacions on Corra and Vals faces I just laughed when the Dean of the Cathedral came out to great me. "Layla hw are you and these must be your friends?" the dean asked. I nodded in reply and introduced the girls to the dean. I watched Lily stress over the wedding arrangements typical Lily could never go with the flow which she maybe hated me for she worried like our mother and I got the care free spirit of my dad. I noticed val and Corra starting to get bored so I took them shopping and to see some famous Irish sites. As we walked to the Guinnes store house, i couldnt believe the how much had changed from shops i remember as a kid to even the people that lived around here. I sighed and moved on to the Guinness Gates. Corra started taking pictures of everything including me Val and herself and posted them on Facebook. "Matt commented on one of the pictures Layla!" Corra told me bt she let me look first then i told her. "I am one lucky guy :)" I said out loud handing Corra the phone back.

"Im just going to give Lucas a call to how the pub is doing, you guys have a few tasters." I smiled heading outside while dialling Lucas number. "Hello" Lucas answered must of woken him up. "Top of the morning to ye!" I laughed making Lucas laugh at the other end. "Whats up doll face?" I asked waling around the silent court yard. "Was having an amazing sleep until you rang me boss. Hows Ireland? Oh before you ask your bar is still standing and we have been packed every night. Also i think Matt and Brian have offically come out as a couple." lucas said and I burst out laughing. " I always had a feeling, I'm glad to hear man. To be honest it is great being home but I cant wait to get home to reality. How is himself anyways." I asked hesitating Lucas reply. "Had a feeling I was going to get this call. Layla he has pulled himself back together, he has stopped drinking and has been helping me out here at the bar. He really wants to talk to you but is afraid to we all told him to talk to you when you get home." Lucas told me. "Ok well I will be home soon and I cant wait to see you never thought I would miss you." I laughed which made Lucas laugh too. "Ok talk to you when you are home, oh and make sure you all behave and look after Val as well, also Layla dont ever forget I love you!" Lucas finished. "I lve you too Lucas even if I want to never admit it." I laughed and said my goodbyes. As I hung up the phone I took a deep breathe and turned to go back inside to get Val and Corra.

As we headed back to the car I laughed and chatted about baby things with Val and Corra. "Layla you come from such a beautiful city and the people are so nice." Corra sqealed making me giggle. "Hey guys can I make a quick stop I have something to do?" I asked the girls who shock their heads in reply. I drove through the short cuts I knew and pulled up at my destination. "Come on I have some one for you guys to meet". I walked for about five minutes and finally stopped. "Corra and Val this is Stephen my dad Dad this is Corra and Val the girls I told you about" I smiled crouching down beside my fathers grave. "Im just dropping by to say hello and to tell you that your going to be a grandad Matt and I are having a baby." I laughed trying not to cry. "Dad things between matt and I are not good at all, I love him so much but betrayal hurts so much and you are the ony person who has ever set me straight. Should I forgive and forget and be one whole family or do it alone. I could really use your help right about now." I sighed and soon felt Corra and Val wrap their arms around me which I held on to them tightly. "Please just when you make your decision can you let me know. I better go get some sleep but I love you dad bye." I said walking away with Val and Corra.

-FF to the next evening-

I ran aroud making sure everything is perfect for the wedding. Ger and Adam were at the alter and Corra plus Val were seated all I was waiting on was Lily. I watched as her car pulled up to the church. When the car had stopped I walked towards Lily and took her hand and led her in to the church. As the music started I walked down the aisle towards Ger and Adam. Smiling at everyone as I passed. Soon I arrived at the alter smiling brightly as I turned to watch my big sister walk down the aisle. Luckily my dress was that flowing material so you could not really realize I was hiding my pregnancy. I watched in silence as Ger and Lily saod their vows. I lightly rubbed my bump thinking about how I left things with Matt. "Snap out of it!" I thought and I was brought back to normal by the Vicar pronouncing Lily and Ger man and wife. As Lily and Ger kissed everyone around clapped in celebration, I followed Lily and Ger down from the alter smiling at Corra and Val on the way past.

A little while later after diner Lily and Ger had there first dance as man and wife. As I sat there and watched my big sister dance with my now offical brother in law I opened my mouth to Corra and Va and told "Excuse me I'm going to ring Matt." Which left Corra and Val in shock. I walked outside to the court yard and slowly dialed Matts number. I held my breathe as it rang until I heard his husky voice say my name, "Layla?" Matt said and I coldnt talk I just cried. "Ive screwed up Matt big time, I didnt give you a chance to say anything after I told you." I said as the tears choked in my throat. "Layla I am going to be a dad I always wanted a family. I am having a baby with the girl of my dreams I just wish she wuld let me back in and let me help." Matt said his warm voice my heart swell. "I cant let you help I want to after Amirah I really do Matt. I want my baby to have her father in her life. Can we talk when I get home please." I asked Matt finally calming myself down. "Of course I will Layla then we can go some where and talk ok?" Matt said which made me smile. "Ill you tomorrow evening then and make sure Johnny and Lucas pick up their girlfriends." I laughed. "I will I better get to wor people wont serve themselves." Matt chuckled. "You are working at my bar?" I asked. "Yeah just helping Lucas out while you ladies are away." Matt said afraid he had ppissed me off. I just luaghed and told him the Lucas had already told me. "Dont do that to me Layla! I will see you tomorrow Night." Matt said. "Night Matthew" I laughed hanging up the phone.

I pulled myself together and walked back inside to the table. Corra and Val knew I ad been crying but I shook my head and told them I am fine. Adam soon came over and offered me his hand to dance, I gladly excepted and followed him to the floor. I wrapped my arms around Adam's neck and softly moved to the music. "I will always love you Layla and I was wondering any more room for an Irish lad at your bar or you only allowed be Irish?" I laughed at Adams joke. "I love my bar and I have created a great family, just about to start another one with Matt." I smiled. "Oh you are getting back together?" I shook my head. "Not right now but he is the father he has a right to be part of the childs life?" I said looking up at Adam. Soon as the song ended Adam crashed his lips to mine kissing me. I pushed awa from him and ran off trying nt to make a scene. I ran to the hallway and sat down, I was fighting back the tears thats when Ger sat beside me. I looked at him and he knew, he just said one word. "Matt" Iand I nodded. "Then go home and pack and go home to him and kiss and make up. He loves you Layla he tells me when we talk. Layla I believe him when e told he was drunk and Amirah set him up to hurt you but you are carrying his baby. Now I dont mean go home and get back together straight away but firstly talk, then let him move back home and try work passed this." I just nodded and ger ushered me out of the hotel. "If you dont do it now you never will Layla!" Ger smiled as the doors closed across the hotel lobby and I ran to pack and go home.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrryyyyy guys! I have been so busy I havent had time to update thanks Corra for your support anyways Enjoy Comment and Subscribe.

Love for everyone!!