Sequel: Just Live Your Life

Seize the Day

Part Five

Usually I do the night shifts in Saoirse but Saturday afternoons were my lets get paper work and rders ready. I walked in to Saoirse humming Whiskey In a Jar to myself. "Hey Layla!" Corra smiled at me. "Hey Corra whats cracking good looking?" I smiled grabbing the books from underneath the till. "Ah same old same old glass of white wine?" Corra laughed sucking on her lollipop. "Thank you darling." I said pulling the stool out from the bar and proceeded to do te books. "Hey Corra I need a favour tonight if you don't mind?" I asked sweetly. "Whats up boss?" Corra grinned widely. " You know I nver ask this but do you made working the late shift with me and Lucas tonight?" I asked with pleading eyes. " Hmmmmmm sure I could do with the extra cash." Corra smiled. "Thanks hun if you need me I will be in my office to do orders and stuff." I grabbed the books and headed to the back.

By the time I had gotten all the paper work done and got off the phone from the distributors it was time for my shift to start. I walked into my bar and couldnt believe to see my family sitting at the bar. "You guys what are you doing here?" I smiled at my mom and sister. I continue to serve all night but before the night was over my mom and sister went to their hotel. "What has you smiling tonight?" his smooth but yet rough voice rang through my ears. "Haha hey Matt!" I smiled at him. "That was my mom and sister over from Ireland to suprise me." I suddenly felt a cold feeling wrap tightly around my heart. I hadn't really talked to them only at Christmas time well since my dad died after the funeral I packed up and left. My family weren't annoyed at me they know that Ireland was to hard for me to live in after I lost my dad. "You busy after work tonight. I was wondering did you want to hangout for a bit?" Matt asked and snapped me out of my cold feelings I was having. "Yeah sure it is nearly closing time. Meet you outside by my car?" I smiled and walked away.

The rest of the night flew by as I cashed up the till, Corra cleaned the bar and Lucas got rid of the last few people. I said my goodnights as I locked the door of Saoirse. He jept his promise to meet me at my car I watched him lean on my car as cool as day. "Hey" he smiled at me. "Get in!" I told him. "Yes m'mam" he said getting in the passenger side. I drove in silence heading to an early house. I pulled up outside the early house only people Ireland usually gater here like a home away from home. Call it disicriminagting but hey everyone as the right to feel at home, no matter what part of the world they are from. "Where are we?" matt asked confused. " Maguires early house I like to come here after work sometimes, so come on or we will miss them." I told him killing the iginition. "Miss who?" Matt asked as we enter the bar. "You will see!" I smirked heading towards the bar. " Ah Layla what can I get ye m'love?" Conor the bar man smiled and winked. "Two double suddy and reds love!" I retured the smile. "Comin' right at ye darling!" Conor replied turning his back to me. The music soon started and everyone started cheering as the band made its way to the stage, I paid Conor and headed towards a corner dragging Matt with me. Dave the lead singer of the band Flogging Molly was an old friend of my dads and always rang me when he was in town.

"Who are these people?" Matt asked as the band took a breather from playin about an hour later. "Flogging Molly, there lead singer is an old friend of my dads, like me he is originally from Dublin but formed his band here in America. The rest of the band are American." I smiled sipping my drink. "I see they are pretty good." Matt smiled down at me. " I'm going to get a breathe of air care to join me?" I asked walking towards the door. "So Layla how come you oved frm Dublin to California?" Matt was looking down hoping to catch my eye. "Always was a dream of mine also I grew up in this trade. My family own a pub well several back home but after my dad passed away six years ago he told me I should follow my dreams so the day after his funeral I up and left and started working in Johnnies bar then I opened Saoirse a year later." I sighed. Matt did something to catch me off guard he tightly wrapped his arms around my waist. I felt the bright dawn sun warm up apon y face, I smiled and looked at is soft featured face before I knew it our lips had met. I freaked out and ran to my car and sped off home. Shit did that really just happen.