Status: Active when I get comments

The Prince of Sevenfold

Better Understanding

“Watch your self boy for once in your god damned life use your eyes.” The prince heard while walking down one of the corridors, he made his way in haste to that destination. When he rounded the corner Brian was surprised to see that his father’s friend Gary Sanders had his son pressed up against the wall by his neck. Brian almost chuckled when he saw Matt squirming but was stopped short by the elder mans next words. “You will get in with his family Matthew weather you like it or not. You will marry McKenna and work your way into the king’s life.”

“I will not be used as a pawn in your sick and twisted game. I don’t see what you think you can accomplish with me going after the sister anyway, she's not even of noble blood and will not take the throne.” Matt stated trying to struggle out of his fathers grasp.

“You will do as you are told Matthew I don’t care what you want. You will work your way into their family and slowly begin to break it apart. The first thing you will do is get her pregnant as soon as she turns sixteen.” Gary growled pressing firmly against his son’s throat.

“I will not do what you ask of me, I’m not a heartless bastard. I won’t hurt the girl or their family.” Matt choked out; the lack of oxygen was making his face turn red. That’s when Brian stepped in, the prince not being able to handle someone being mistreated for doing a good deed. If what Matt said was true he was trying to protect his sister and not harm her. Brian caught the men off guard when he rounded the corner and ripped Gary off of Matt who sunk down to the ground gripping his throat. Gary stumbled but regained his composure.

“You are a disgrace to my family; you will never amount to anything in life. The only thing you were ever good for was to rent out; you will never be anything more than a whore.” Gary spat quickly glancing at Brian before turning and walking back down the corridor.

“What the fuck was that about?” Brian wondered out loud as he glanced over at the shorter man.

“None of your business,” Matt grumbled and tried to brush past Brian, the prince didn’t let him go that easily. He grabbed Matt’s bicep and turned him to look into his eyes. ‘Oh god what is that delicious smell. So sweet and amazing, the chef must be cooking something to do with fruit tonight.’

“When it involves my sister and family you’re damn right it’s my business. Now I repeat what was that about?” The prince nearly growled. The calm before the storm was long gone.

“He wants me to do something I don’t want to okay. When he doesn’t get what he wants he freaks is that a good enough explanation for you? I’m going back home in two days anyway.”

“Why are you leaving? You’re not staying for the ball?” Brian found himself asking to both his and Matt’s surprise.

“Why would I stay to watch you find someone to marry honestly?” Matt wondered just now realizing that the prince’s hand was still on his bicep. As soon as his eyes snapped to that hand Brian realized exactly where it was and pulled it away like he had been burned.

“Well I just figured you would stay and be there.” The prince didn’t understand why he felt so let down. The only reason he had hated Matt all these years was because his sister but it seams that he won’t hurt her. “What about McKenna?”

“I’m not going to marry her; I never have wanted to and never will.” Matt mumbled to himself the statement was loud enough for Brian to hear. Oddly enough Brian took offense to that sentence.

“What’s wrong with my sister? If she wanted you, you would be damn lucky to have her.” Brian defended his sister. After that statement left his mouth his stomach began to clench. He winced but pushed the pain away.

“Nothing is wrong with her, she's a great girl Brian but she's too young for me. I need someone who is mature and can stand on their two feet. Someone structured enough to hold me up when I fall yet one who I can return the favor too. I am looking for someone who is strong and dignified with pride, they know what they want. Your sister won’t even choose what she likes best for diner. No offense.” Matt walked a little ways down the walkway, looking back at the prince. Brian soon stepped in stride with him.

“You do realize that your description makes me think you are looking for a man right?” Brian pondered, he may not know or like Matt very well but he didn’t want to assume anything of the other.

“Your point?” Matt turned to their left and walked over to the balcony type wall with an open arch way to look out of.

“I didn’t think you were like that.” Brian mused walking up and perching his elbows on the stone wall in front of them, sticking his head out of the arched window with no glass.

“I didn’t know you were either.” Matt murmured to himself, barely loud enough for Brian to hear. ‘How did he know that?’ Brian wondered to himself.

“To each is their own I guess the saying is.” Brian replied looking over his shoulder, catching Matt’s gaze. They both turned away quickly diverting their attention to anything round them. “What did your dad mean when he said rent out?”

“Don’t worry about it Brian.” Matt stated, shaking his head.

“I can’t help it, I kind of am assuming the worst here.” The prince placed his hand on the others shoulder. Matt’s eyes closed tightly before he replied.

“Then your right.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I am getting to work on the next chapter tonight comment for more.