A Tour with Before You Exit

On The Radio

The next few days consisted of us basically trying to catch up on our lack of sleep and watching all the TV shows we missed while we were away. By Monday morning I was excited to the see the guys again after being with them for a whole month everything was too quiet without them, don't get me wrong I appreciated the silence, I might have punched them if I was with them for any longer on that van but it was to strange without them here with me.

I got up, showered and changed quickly. When I had finished Braiden was still getting ready so I went and made myself breakfast. By the time Braiden had come downstairs I had eaten, made him breakfast and moved to the living room to watch supernatural on the TV.

"You ready to go?" Braiden asked walking into the room. I turned the TV off and turned to look at him.

"I've been ready for fifteen minutes," I replied rolling my eyes. He smiled as a response before walking out the door with me following him.

...

After the five minute drive we were at Riley and Connors house where the guys usually had their band practice or meetings. Thomas' car was parked outside showing us we were the last ones here which was usual with the way Braiden was in the mornings.

As we walked closer to the house I could faintly hear them talking in the garage. Braiden walked ahead of me and jumped through the door making a dramatic entrance making us all laugh. I slowly walked in after him to see the three of them patting him on the back and greeting him. I stayed in my spot quietly not wanting the ruin their group moment.

"Did Emma not come?" Riley asked making me smile and walk towards them. Riley grinned when he saw me but before he could do anything Connor and Thomas ran towards me for a hug, I grunted when my back hit the wall but I patted their backs to slightly return the hug.

"I missed you guys too," I said as they let me go. As soon as they moved out the way I ran around them and jumped onto Riley making the others laugh when he nearly stumbled.

"I missed you," he mumbled into my shoulder, I smiled and pulled him in tighter. Before I could reply Thomas pushed us both onto the sofa making me fall on top of Riley.

"Enough greetings, let's get down to business," Thomas commented as the others sat down. I finally noticed what position I was in and blushed. I quickly got off Riley who was chuckling at me and moved to sit next to him.

"So as you guys know we have that radio interview tomorrow to promote us locally," Connor said making me look at Braiden confused, he hadn't mentioned anything about being on the radio. He saw my questioning glance and gave me a sheepish smile before turning back to listen to Connor. "It's at eleven so were getting up early, so our mum said she would pick you all up on the way to save us all driving there."

After listening to them talk about their plans for what felt like forever, they decided to practice some of their songs to see which acoustic one would be best to play tomorrow. I helped them pick which one sounded best before they started to lose focus.

"I'm hungry; do you guys want to go out to eat?" Thomas asked looking at all of us.

"Yes!" Connor and Riley shouted while Braiden put his guitar back in his bag. I got up from my spot on the sofa and followed them all to Thomas' car; I'm guessing they had decided we'd all drive there together when I blanked out of the conversation.

When we got into the car I was stuck leaning against the window next to Braiden while Thomas and Connor were in the front and Riley was on the other side of Braiden. The whole ride I couldn't even hear myself think over the loud music but thankfully we arrived at one of the local restaurants that we hardly came too.

"Why are we here?" Riley asked as we all took off our seatbelts.

"I'm so hungry, I can't cope any longer in the car!" Thomas shouted before jumping out of the car. I laughed at him before getting out of the car and following the others into the restaurant. When we got inside Riley and I sat on one side of the booth while Connor and Thomas sat on the other and Braiden sat on a chair that had been moved for him.

While everyone was choosing what they wanted to eat I felt Riley's hand move to rest on my knee. I smiled and sneakily looked at him to see him smiling reading the menu. I don't even know why he was bothering to read it; we all knew he would end up picking spaghetti.

After we had ordered I was finding it hard to concentrate on the conversation between the others because Riley's hand was still on my knee and was now rubbing small circles. I leaned back in my seat and moved so my head was resting on his shoulder. He was distracting me enough so I may as well get comfy.

After about twenty minutes our food arrived making me lift my head up from Riley's shoulder, after he removed his hand from my knee he shifted over in his seat so he was sitting closer to me. At all times during the meal we were touching, whether it was our shoulders bumping each other's or his leg resting against mine. We didn't even bother trying to hide it as much as normal so I could see the others watching us at some points with a smile on their faces.

When it was time to leave, we all decided to take some of our leftover food to eat later seen as we were full. By the time we got to the car Thomas was already taking small bites out of his cake making me roll my eyes.

When we got back to Riley and Connor's house the others shouted a quick 'See you tomorrow' before walking in their own directions. Riley came over and pulled me in for a quick kiss while the others were distracted. "I'll see you in the morning," He muttered pulling out of the hug.

"Yes you will," I replied peaking him on the lips before rushing to Braiden who was waiting for me in his car.

...

I woke early the next morning, I could have stayed in bed for a few more hours but I was too hungry so I knew I wouldn't fall back asleep. When I got into the kitchen I looked over by the fridge and saw my leftover spaghetti from the restaurant yesterday afternoon. Without thinking I quickly ate it trying to stop the unnatural noises my stomach was making.

A few hours later I went and started to change when I heard Braiden upstairs getting ready. When I had changed into my clothes I started to feel sick but I ignored it. I turned to look at my clock and saw that it was 10; 55 meaning the guys would be here in five minutes to drive us to the radio station. When I went to walk out of the bathroom after brushing my teeth I started to feel sick again but I knew this time I was actually going to throw up. I rushed over to the toilet and slid onto the floor managing to be sick into the toilet rather than on the floor. While I was still throwing up I could faintly hear the door opening downstairs.

"Braiden, you guys ready to go?" Someone asked.

"Yeah, Emma's upstairs, someone go and get her while I grab something to eat for when were on the way there." I could hear footsteps coming up the stairs as I stopped throwing up; my mouth was burning from throwing up for nearly five minutes straight.

"Em? Where are you?" I heard Riley shout as he closed my bedroom door. I tried to shout to him but it ended up coming out as a small whisper. I saw the bathroom door slowly open from the corner of my eye, when I turned I saw Riley's concerned face looking at me. "Em, are you okay?" I looked up at him when he knelt down next to me, I grimaced when I realised he was seeing me while I was half bent in the toilet with sick everywhere. "Come on, you're getting back in bed," He carefully picked me up and carried me back into my room as other footsteps were heard coming upstairs.

"What's taking so long up here? You two better now be making out!" Braiden joked as he walked into my bedroom but stopped when he saw Riley carrying me. "What's wrong Em? You look terrible."

"Gee thanks, that makes me feel so much better," I replied as Riley sat down by my stomach on the bed.

"Well there's no way were letting you come today, your resting in bed missy," Thomas commented before walking over to my shelf and moving my cd player next to my bed, "Now, you can listen to us from here, I'll sort the channel and everything out so all you have to do is turn it on when one of us calls you, okay?"

While everyone walked about Riley stayed sitting me rubbing my back making me feel tired again. Bradien walked in carrying a few towels and a sick bowl and put them all on the floor in front of me, while Connor walked in holding a few bottles of water.

"Boys, we need to go or were going to be late," Mrs McDonough said as she walked through the corridor and into my room, she paused when she saw all of the boys fussing around my room. "Emma, you're not feeling too well?" I shook my head slightly getting fed up of people asking me that question. She moved past the boys and put her hand on my forehead, "What have you eatn today dear?"

"Just the leftovers from yesterday," I mumbled back playing with the fingers on Riley's free hand.

"You've probably got food poisoning dear, Did any of you lot eat leftovers as well?" She asked looking at the others.

"I was going to but you chucked them before I could," Connor replied making everyone crack a smile.

"We'll be two hours top Emma, do you think you'll be okay on your own?" Braiden asked looking concerned at me.

"I'm fine, stop fussing, go and have fun," I replied with a slight laugh. Thomas and Connor followed Mrs McDonough out of the room while Braiden hesitated in the doorway but was pulled out by Connor.

"Do you want anything before I go?" Riley asked brushing the loose hair out of my face. I turned to smile at him slightly.

"I'm fine just go," I replied making him smile, he leaned down and kissed my forehead before running down the stairs quickly. As soon as I heard the door slam closed, I leaned over the edge of the bed and threw up; I'd been trying to stop the sick from coming up the entire time they were all in the room because I didn't want them to think I was seriously ill.

...

The sound of my ring tone woke me up from my sleep. I reached over to my night stand and looked at the caller ID. "Hey Big Brother!" I said trying to sound enthusiastic.

"Hey Little Sis! It's going good, were on in five minutes so I was forced to ring you to tell you to turn on your radio now," He replied chuckling. I reached and turned the player on and lied back down on my bed and faintly listened to the presenter mention them being on next. "How are you feeling now?"

"A bit better," I lied hoping he would carry on his day and have fun instead of worrying about me being home alone ill.

"Good, well I've got to go now; we'll be coming home straight after the interview, bye." After saying goodbye, I put my phone back on the table and turned to listen to the interview. A few seconds later my phone buzzed making me reach out for it again.

Fell better, see you in a bit :) xxx

I smiled at the text from Riley and sent him a quick reply before turning back to listen to the radio.

"Now here we have a young group Before You Exit," The presenter said making pay attention.

"How did you guys get together? Tell us about that."

"Well actually umm, I knew Thomas from middle school and I knew Connor from church so one day I asked both of them to hang out and we started jamming and then about a year after that we added Riley over there and he joined and completed the band," Braiden said.

"So what are you guys going to perform for us today?"

"Were going to do a song off our six song EP, its called Life Defined," Connor said. I tapped my foot along to the song remembering listening to them play this song for the first time. When the small audience clapped I snapped out of my thoughts and listened to them talk again.

I laughed when I heard Connor thanking Gibson Guitars and STG drums for sponsoring them.

"Man let me tell you something, Rule number one don't ever forget your sponsors'," the presenter said making me roll my eyes knowing Connor would be feeling smug now, "You can forget your name but don't forget your sponsors'."

"Are you all ready to find out what people think?" The guys all shouted yes. "Apparently someone you know is calling right now."

"Hi," A voice replied, I recognised it to be Ellie who was in Braiden, Thomas and Connor school before they left to be homeschooled, but she was one of the people they had kept in contact with.

"It's Ellie!" Braiden shouted while the others laughed.

"So where are you calling from?" The producer asked.

"Umm English class, everyone's just starting at me," The others laughed "Hey you guys, you guys were amazing!"

"How are you listening from class?" The producer asked as lots of noises were heard over the line. "Is the radio on?"

"Yes were in class but I just stepped outside."

"Can you go into the class and get them to say hello because I don't believe you."

"Yeah get them to say hi," Briaden commented. A brief shout of hellos and screams were heard making all of the others laugh.

"Thank you so much guys," The presenter said once Ellie had hung up.

"No Thank you," Connor replied.

When a new song started playing, I turned off the radio and sent them all a well done text before going back to sleep.

...

I woke up when I felt my bed move slightly. I opened my eyes to see Braiden sitting by me. "You feeling better?"

"Much after sleeping," I replied smiling. "Where are the others?"

"Downstairs, there staying the night, they wanted to make sure you were okay," He replied smiling. I grinned back at him as he stood up and ruffled my hair before walking back out the door.

A few minutes later Riley walked in and smiled at me. I smiled back and watched him walk towards the bed. Instead of sitting down he walked around and lied down next to me pulling me into a hug. "Okay, so no lies do you feel better?"

"Yes, no lies I promise," I replied smiling up at him. I put my head to rest on his chest instantly feeling tired again.

"Go to sleep," Riley mumbled when he saw me trying to keep my eyes open. I closed my eyes and easily fell asleep, the last thing I remember was Riley kissing my forehead before he fell asleep himself.