A Kiss Before She Goes

Chapter 2

I crashed on my bed tired as hell finally finished with the last box. I turned around and looked at my new room. I smiled pretty content with how everything was set up. My room looked pretty blah with the white walls but I had plans on how to fill them up later. My queen size bed was on the floor in the corner. I hate high beds with frames because I always end up hitting my toes on the edges. Since there was no closet my dad and I went out and bought some things for my room. He got me a wooden closet with drawers at the bottom, a night stand and a desk to study on.

My dad and I decided to use the open space between the laundry room and my room as my own living room. He bought me a cabinet to put my TV on top and put inside my game systems and iPod stereo. There was a long red couch in front of the TV with a black medium table in front of it. Behind the couch was my black baby grand piano that I had when I was little. I was happy to hear that my parents kept it in good shape when I moved away.

I pulled out my phone and looked at the time. It was 10:15 PM. I walked upstairs to find the house very quiet. I looked in the kitchen to see many boxes waiting to be unpacked. I promised my mom I would help her unpack and decorate the kitchen since her and I will be the ones cooking all the time. I walked into the living room to see it almost finished setting up. I knew they were upstairs probably asleep from exhaustion.

The house was pretty stuffy since it was the middle of the summer. I decided to go outside and cool down a bit. I turned on the light for the porch and sat on the stairs. I was sitting there for a couple minutes when I heard loud laughter coming down the street. Two black figures walked—no, stumbled by my house not noticing me. They stopped in front of the house next to mine and one of them started yelling.

“Frank! Fraaaaaaaankieee! My looooooooove!”

“What?!” Someone from inside the house yelled as they went out. It was a short boy wearing a black shirt and blue jeans. “Don’t you know what time it is? Some people are already sleeping!” He scolded the two people in front of him.

“Oh relax Frankie. We just came by and wanted to know if you wanted to drink with us.” By now I noticed they were both guys but I couldn’t see either of their faces. Not even the one that came out of the house since his back was toward me.

“Looks like you guys already started without me.” He said a bit angry.

“So?! I’m not wasted enough. Come on Frankie, drink with me and Mikey.” The guy said trying hard not to slur his words.

“Fine, just wait here while I get my shit.” He said starting to walk towards his house again.

“Hurry my love! I don’t know how much longer I can wait for you to be in me!!” The guy said really loudly flaring his arms in the air. The short boy turned around to yell at him but stopped when he heard me bursting into laughter. I couldn’t help it. The way the guy said it in his girly drunken voice was too much to hold in. I could feel all of them looking at me and I quickly calmed down to not embarrass myself anymore.

“Sorry if we were too loud.” The short boy said to me. I still couldn’t see his face but I just smiled even though I knew he couldn’t see it.

“No it’s ok. Sorry I was listening to your conversation.” I said laughing softly.

“Kind of hard not to.” He said scoffing at his friends before walking into his house. I could see the two other boys staring at me still which made me feel uncomfortable. I don’t like it when people can see me but I can’t see them. I decided to go inside and call it a night. I changed quickly throwing my clothes on my floor and laid on my bed feeling my heavy eyes close.
__________________________________________

The next morning I got woken up by my mother saying something in Spanish before she walked back upstairs. All I got was that I needed to get ready and something about some neighbors. I groaned before getting up to take a shower.

I got out of the shower with my towel wrapped around my body. I grabbed my blow dryer and brush to straighten my hair. My hair was wavy but I always preferred it straight. My mother would scold me saying I should love my natural hair because it represents where I come from. She only said that because my hair and my body were the only thing I got from her. I looked more like my father then my mother.

I finished straighten my hair and walked to the dresser. I stood there for a while deciding what to wear. It was pretty hot so I decided to wear some blue short jeans, a tight AFI t-shirt I cut up to look like a tank top and my ruby red Dr. Marten boots. I walked back to the bathroom to put some eyeliner, mascara and red lipstick. I looked in the mirror again and smiled in content. I walked upstairs to see my mother in a hurry to clean up the living room and kitchen.

“Hija ayuda me!” She always talked in Spanish when she was nervous or in a hurry. I helped her finish unpacking the boxes in the kitchen and clean. She then instructed me to start cutting up some Romanian lettuce, tomato, cucumber, bell pepper, red onion and carrots for the salad. After a while I finally asked her what was going on.

“Today in the morning I went to the store to get some food and I bumped into the lady that lives next door to us. Her name is Linda Iero and she has a son the same age as you. I invited them both over for lunch today.” She explained as she was kneading the dough for the garlic bread. My mother grew up making everything from scratch and she taught me the same. I simply nodded not thinking too much about it.

After an hour of helping my mom cook, she instructed me to go set up the table. As I finished I could hear the front door bell ringing. My mom called me and told me to pull out the veggie lasagna from the oven while she opened the door. I could hear a female’s voice saying hello very bubbly and then some laughter. I pulled out the lasagna and put it on the table. I could see the lady walking up to me with my mother.

“This is my daughter Anna Bell.” My mother said.

“Hello, nice to meet you.” I said smiling giving her my hand to shake but instead she went in for a hug.

“Nice to meet you too! You are so beautiful!” She said letting go of me. I blushed and mumbled thanks. “My Frankie will love you” I blushed even more. They both walked past me and went into the kitchen.

I walked into the living room to see a boy dressed in tight black jeans, a white t-shirt and black converse. He was sitting on the couch with his head down in between his hands. I stood there wondering what was wrong with him. Then it hit me. This is the short boy from last night and from what I heard them saying, he must have a hangover. I walked downstairs to my room and opened my drawer where I kept my medicine. I grabbed some Tylenol and walked back up to the kitchen where I grabbed a water bottle. I walked back to the living, standing in front of the boy. It took him a moment to realize I was there and slowly looked at me. I smiled at him while holding out the pill and water bottle for him to take. He slowly reached for the water bottle and grabbed the pill never losing eye contact with me. He swung his head back as he drank the pill down and looked back up at me again.

“Thanks.” He said as he smiled at me making chills go up my back.

“No problem.” I said plopping down next to him.

-------------------------------

Hija ayuda me! – Daughter help me!