A Kiss Before She Goes

Chapter 3

*Frank’s POV*

Note to self: kill Gerard next time I see him.

My head was throbbing in pain the next day after drinking all night with him and Mikey. I shouldn’t have let him convince me to play that drinking game. To make matters worse my mom told me that we were going to our new neighbor’s house to have lunch with them. I couldn’t even get up to change myself. I wanted to make up a lie so I could stay home but I knew my mom wouldn’t believe me.

After an hour my mom was able to drag me out of the house. I cursed at the sun for being so hot and bright. As we walked up to the house I realized this is where the girl from last night lived. I couldn’t see her face at all but just hearing her voice I knew she was pretty. I wish I could have met her some other time instead of today. I felt like shit.

My mom rang the doorbell and a slender woman with long black wavy hair opened the door. She greeted us and let us in. I tried my best to smile at her and my mother explained to her that I had a headache. She told me to go sit down on the couch and relax. I nodded and said thanks. I could hear them talking to someone but my head was in so much pain to really listen. I closed my eyes putting my head down in between my hands and tried to calm the pain. After a while sitting there, I felt someone standing next to me. I slowly looked not wanting to make the pain throb more and I saw her. She was standing with a water bottle in one hand and a pill in the other.

I was so wrong… She’s gorgeous. Was all I can think of. She was a couple inches shorter than me which made me happy. She was very thin but had lots of curves. Her skin was pale but not dead pale. She had black straight hair past her shoulders with side swept bangs. Her eyes were breath taking, a blue and green combination that fit her well. She was wearing really short shorts that showed her thick (not fat) thighs and a tight AFI t-shirt that showed her hour glass. Her lips were a deep red that made me what to kiss them. Whoa what am I saying?

I couldn’t help but just stare at her. I finally took the pill and water bottle from her hands. I swung it back with a big gulp of water and looked back at her.

“Thanks.” I said as I smiled her.

“No problem.” She said as she sat down next to me making my heart race. She was pretty close to me and now I was nervous. Why is she making me feel like this? I tried steadying my heart before she was able to hear it.

“So had fun last night?” She said with a grin.

“A little too much.” I said laughing softly.

“Lucky, I want to have fun too!” She said giving me the cutest pouting face ever. I looked at her oddly, never meeting a girl this happy and outgoing to a stranger before. She was just like me. I just shook my head and laughed at her.

“Well maybe next time I’ll invite you.” I said with a coy smile.

“I’m holding you to your word.” She said poking me on my arm and making me laugh.

“I’m Frank Iero by the way.” I said extending my hand out to her.

“I’m Anna Bell Rose but you can call me Bell, Rosy or whatever.” She said shaking my hand.

“Whatever?” I said with a devious smile.

“Hey, nothing mean! I’ll kick your ass if you do.” She said with a joking glare, making me burst into laughter. She was too cute.

“Ok I’ll just call you Rose then. Seems to fit you really well with those rosy lips.” I said staring at her lips. I could see her blushing. “Also I don’t want to end up dead.” I said holding my hands up in surrender, making her laugh this time.

“Kids, lunch is ready!” I heard Rose’s mom call out for us. We both got up and I sat across from Rose.

“I hope you like veggie lasagna.” Rose said to me cutting a piece out for her.

“Yeah I do actually. I’m a vegetarian.” I said as she handed me the spatula and knife.

“Really? That’s cool. My mom is a vegetarian too.” She said.

“Awesome.” I said as I put my piece onto my plate. Her mom brought the garlic bread hot from the oven. I took a piece and blew on it so I can take a bite. When it finally cooled down enough I took a bite and fell in love.

“Oh my God! This garlic bread is amazing!” I said taking another bite. Everyone just laughed me.

“Yeah my mom likes to make everything from scratch.” Rose said serving herself salad.

“And this salad is delicious too!” My mom said.

“Oh Rose made the salad. She always has this way of cutting everything to the right size and she makes the best dressing I’ve ever tasted.” Rose’s mom said. I looked at Rose and I could see her blushing. For the rest of the meal we talked about small things here and there. Rose’s parents would ask me about school and if I liked it. Of course I lied and told them yes. They told me that Rose was going to start school this fall with me. I was pretty excited. Once we all finished eating I helped Rose clean up the table while Rose’s mom washed the dishes. My mom and her parents sat in the living room talking.

“Come on, let’s go to my room.” Rose said leading me down to the basement. I was confused at first but then stood there in awe seeing her place. It was like her own mini apartment down here. She just smiled at me and motioned me to sit down next her on the couch. My stomach filled with butterflies.