Status: far from over

Where Is Your Boy Tonight?

Chapter 5

Chapter 5

I Don't Care

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Say my name, and his in the same breath, I

Dare you to say they taste the same,

Let the leaves fall off in the summer

And let December glow in flames

Brace myself and let go,

Start it over again in Mexico

These friends, they don't love you

They just love the hotel suites, now

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Molly put her Paramore CD in and gave me the headphones.

"Ready?" she asked, her finger on the play button.

I coughed, and nodded. "Ready."

The song started and I waited for the right moment…

"I'm in the business of misery, Let's take it from the top. She's got a body like an hourglass, it's ticking like a clock. It's a matter of time before we all run out, When I thought he was mine she caught him by the mouth."

Jaws dropped, and Molly and Summer just smiled and danced.

"I waited eight long months, She finally set him free. I told him I couldn't lie he was the only one for me. Two weeks and we caught on fire, She's got it out for me, But I wear the biggest smile." I sang and started to do some crazy karate kicks and awkward dance moves felling like I was on fireeeee!

"Whoa, I never meant to brag But I got him where I want him now. Whoa, it was never my intention to brag To steal it all away from you now. But God does it feel so good, Cause I got him where I want him now. And if you could then you know you would. It's gonna just feel so...It just feels so good."

Pete looked so proud of me, and Joe and Andy just sat there in awe.

"That was… PERFECT!" Joe practically screamed.

I blushed. "So, do I get the part?"

"Get the part?" Pete asked me, "You perfected the part Babe!"

I blushed even more and smiled.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I don't care what you think

As long as it's about me

The best of us can find happiness

In misery

I said,

I don't care what you think,

As long as it's about me

The best of us can find happiness

In misery

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

After band rehearsals, Pete had offered to drive me home while Molly and Summer left to catch the transit to go to Molly's therapist appointment.

"Cake, you were awesome today," Pete said smiling warmly at me.

I smiled back and blushed. A little tiny blush. Oh who am I kidding?! I was beat red.

"T-thanks.." I stuttered.

Pete reached over to my face and stroked my cheek lovingly.

I looked away with a huge grin and Pete started up his truck.

The middle of The Used's Cut Up Angels started playing as we drove out of Joe's drive way.

''You lost your head. I couldn't come. This lust to my brain almost feels like a gun.

Whoa whoa. I told the angels. Can't stay in heaven. I asked the devil, the devil, the devil... If we cut out the bad well then we'd have nothing left. Like I cut up your angels. Yeah you stabbed me to death…''

"You lost your head. I couldn't come. This lust to my brain almost feels like a gun." I sang along, a lot louder then last time because of my newly acquired self confidence boost.

From the corner of my eye, I could see Pete grinning. Yaayyyyy!

"You lost your head. I couldn't come. This lust to my brain almost feels just like a gun yeah! I lost my head. You couldn't come This lust to my brain almost feels like a gun. I lost my head. You couldn't come This lust to my brain almost feels like a... almost feels like a... almost feels like a gun Feels like a gun... Feels like a gun... Feels like a gun... Feels like a..."

As another song started to play, The Birthday Massacre's Red Stars, Pete suddenly drove into the parking lot of the local park.

"Best off cruel intentions. Bounding what they fail to mention. No truth. All pretention. Raise your hand to give attention. You'd give it. We'd take it. You'd build it. We'd break it. You silently erase it. You'd feel it. We'd fake it. It's my red star (steal it) It's my red star (can't let go) It's my red star (conceal it) It's my red star Oh no..."

Just as the killer head bang moment came up, Pete turned the car off ad got out.

"Pete…?" I asked curiously.

Pete didn't acknowledge that he heard me as he walked to the swings so I followed wordlessly.

When I caught up to him, Pete had seated him self on one of the swings so I sat in the opposite one.

"So Pete," I began, swinging my feet around, "Why are we at the park?"

Pete's expression hardened.

"Patrick," Pete whispered, his voice cracking, "Would you tell me what happened the other day? With… your mom's fiancée?"

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Oh, take a chance, let your body get a tolerance,

I'm not a chance, but a heat wave in your pants

Pull a breath like another cigarette,

Palms up, I'm trading 'em (trading 'em)

I'm the oracle in my chest,

Let the guitar scream like a fascist,

Sweat it out, shut your mouth,

Free love on the streets, but

In the alley and I ain't that cheap, now

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

My eyes widened, my jaw dropped, and I gasped loudly.

Pete turned to me and swallowed. "Please Patrick, tell me, you're worrying me so badly… I just care about you."

My gaze was toward the ground, but I wasn't seeing it. All I could see was Frank.

I suddenly felt Pete hug me from behind, his head resting on my shoulders.

He was crying.

"Pete," I choked. My mouth was far too dry for my liking.

Pete walked over to face me and got on his knees to be eye level.

"Just let me know you're save," He whispered.

As I looked in his piercing green eyes, I noticed that his eyeliner was smudged. I brought my hand up to fix it when Pete grabbed my hand, and looked at it, examining.

Pete then took my index finger and kissed it. He did the same with the other four, and then kissed my palm.

I felt tears sting my eye and I sniffled.

Pete tore his attention away from my hand and to me. We starred at one another for what seemed like ever, but what in reality was only a few moments.

Finally, I decided to stop staring and move.

So I kissed him shyly on the lips. They felt like velvet under my own chapped ones.

It was just a simple kiss, nothing more. After a few moments we broke apart, but I didn't want to stop, so I kissed him again.

I would have stayed there forever, but Pete's tongue brushing my bottom lip brought me back to earth.

I slowly let Pete in, and I almost moaned at how good it felt.

Mental Sticky Note: Kiss Pete More Often.

The kiss wasn't arousing or heated. It was kind and gentle exploration. Exactly what I needed.

Pete pulled away, and I whimpered at the loss of contact.

"Patrick," Pete sighed, running a hand threw his bangs. "You don't have to tell me what's going on, but please," He said, grabbing on to my shoulders, "just tell me that you're safe."

I felt a tear trickle down my cheek.

"I-I… don't know… if I am…" I whispered, but not nearly loud enough for Pete to hear.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I don't care what you think,

As long as it's about me

The best of us can find happiness

In misery

I said,

I don't care what you think,

As long as it's about me

The best of us can find happiness

In misery

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

"WHAT THE FUCK SUMMER?! Its X, B, Y, Right Trigger!! Not A, B, Y, A, A, Black!"

I sighed. Summer and Molly were in my room.

I was currently walking up the stairs to my room. I had told Pete that I was safe and there was no need to worry. I lied to Pete saying that Frank did that to show he loved some one. Kinda like a hug.

'Like a hug my ass.' I thought.

Walking in my room, I said my greeting and plopped on the floor next to the rooms fourth occupant, Rachel.

"Hey Hoe Bags, what's crakin?" I said.

"PATRICK!!!" I heard Summer cry right before she tackled me.

"So Patrick," Rachel began, " How was he?" and she wiggled her eyebrow.

I blushed and cried out, "I did not have sex with him!!"

Rachel blinked. "Well, Patrick, I didn't say sex now did I? I could have been talking about his kissing, which I know you did so spill!!"

I suddenly heard a groan from my right and looked to find Molly under my bed.

"What's up with you?" I asked.

Molly threw me a death glare and screamed, "God! Just LEAVE ME ALONE DAMN IT!"

I sat there looking at Molly like she had just told me, Patrick Martin Stump/Man of Many Hats/ PMS Man, to STFU.

"What the fuck's got your knickers in a twist?"

I heard Rachel sigh. "Oh great. Patrick's British again."

Molly suddenly crawled out from under the bed and sat next to me. She then buried her face in her hands.

"Dude, guys. I'm sorry. It's these new meds I got today. Its fucking with my mind."

"I know right?" Summer piped in. "a half an hour ago Gerard tripped and accidentally kissed-" she was cut off by Rachel putting a hand on her mouth.

"SHE LIES!!!!!!!" Rachel cried.

"Gerard kissed Rachel and I didn't squee like Summer did. My mind was just else where doing god knows what," she shuddered, "or who."

Rachel cried out 'she lies!' again but I knew it would happen eventually.

Just as I was going to ask Rachel to spill, she ran from the room, only one shoe on.

What a retard.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Said-a, I don't care just a-what you think,

As long as it's about me, you said-a

I don't care just what you think,

As long as it's about me, you said-a

I don't care (I don't care)

You said I don't care (I don't care)

Said I don't care,

I don't care

I don't care (I don't care), I said-a

I don't care

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

It was about eight o'clock when Frank came home. My mom would still be another three hours.

About 15 minutes ago, Summer took Molly home cause she was getting some serious mood swings.

So here I sat, on my bed thinking about whether or not to call Pete. Maybe he should sleep over…

I smiled and called him.

"Please enjoy the music while your party is reached." The automated voice said, then Pete's ring back came on.

"I don't know what's worth fighting for, or why I have to scream. I don't know why I instigate and say what I don't mean. I don't know how I got this way. I know it's not alright. So I'm breaking the habit. I'm breaking the habit. Tonight."

Omigawd, I love Linkin Park.

"Hey Patrick, what's up?" I heard Pete's voice on the other line.

"Oh nothing much, I'm just sitting here. Alone…"

"All alone? Really now." Pete said.

"Yeah, I called cause I wanted to know if you could come over, and maybe spend the night."

Pete hesitated a moment, "Are you sure that's wise? I mean we're almost boyfri-"

"Almost?" I asked.

"… Do you want to be boyfriends, Patrick?"

I thought about it for a minute, before agreeing. "Yes Pete I want you to be my boyfriend."

I could practically see Pete's grin over the phone. "Great! We can…make it official tonight, if you want to 'Cake." He said, flirting.

"I can't wait."

About three seconds later, the doorbell rang.

"holy crap that was fast," I murmured while walking down the stares to the door.

At the very last step, I heard the door open and I stopped dead.

"Why hello. You must be Peter from across the street. My name is Frank. Patrick's stepfather."

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I don't care what you think,

As long as it's about me

The best of us can find happiness

In misery

I said,

I don't care what you think,

As long as it's about me

The best of us can find happiness

In misery

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

End of Chapter 5.
♠ ♠ ♠
So many feeeels....