Status: YOUR comments are what inspire ME to keep on writing.

Not Insane

"Who's There?"

Going back to work was helping Jayden and Leana both heal a bit faster than everyone was imagining. Both women were getting more and more lively as time continued to pass. Of course nobody was ever going to get over the loss of their best friend, and everybody understood the depression hanging over themselves, friends, and family, but what hurt the most was seeing these two broken women nearly killing themselves.

Jayden headed home at three in the morning after another closing shift, almost surprised to not find Brian asleep on the couch. Instead he was comfortably asleep in their bed. Jayden watched her sleeping fiance for a bit, smiling at the single sheet that rested right at his hips, his bare chest rising with each breath he took. Biting her lip, Jayden slipped off her shoes and stripped down to her bra and panties before climbing into the bed next to Brian. He stirred in his sleep but didn't wake up.

Jayden laid on her side, eyes on Brian as she softly raked her fingers across his chest and down his stomach. Again, he stirred, but remained asleep. Her hand slipped under the sheet, under the waistband of his shorts. Her palm pressed against his member as her fingers gently wrapped around before stroking softly. Brian groaned in his sleep and Jayden continued to watch him as she felt him becoming hard against her palm.

Brian had finally woken up to see his fiance propped up on her elbow, grinning down at him. Before he could react to Jayden being there, her thumb traced circles around the tip of his cock, causing him to groan. “Damn, baby,” he murmured into the air, trying to find his composure for a few moments. “Where's all this coming from?”

“Sshh.” She leaned and crashed her lips to his.

Brian's arms flew around Jayden's body, holding her tightly against him as he rolled to hover over her. Parting from the kiss, Brian gazed down at the grinning woman that lay beneath him. She hitched her leg around his hip, pulling him closer until she felt his erection against her. Her arms looped around his neck where she played with his hair for a few moments. “I want to try this without the tears this time,” she whispered before pulling his face to hers. “I want to know that we can have sex like we used to.”

The image of his fiance sobbing in the shower just after they had sex had shaken him, but he quickly rid his mind of it. Almost two weeks had passed since that night and with happier emotions slowly finding their way back, Brian had hoped for the best. There was still no real answer to Jayden's sudden outburst of emotion after having sex. His own theory was that being so numb for a while, the sex had helped her mind open up. Except that nothing positive came out of it, instead turning her into a sobbing mess right in front of him.

His lips attached to her neck, finding the sweet spot that made her weak. Jayden moaned into the air as the chills raced through her body straight to her core. His hand trailed down her side, trailing the flesh of her leg that was hooked around his waist. Chills once again raced through her body at the gentle touch, and another soft moan filled the air when his fingers found her core, brushing over the fabric of her panties. Her fingers grasped his hair tighter as he pushed the fabric aside and dipped his fingers between the moist folds of flesh, his thumb finding her clit and rubbing it. She gasped at the contact to the sensitive nerves, tugging at Brian's hair. It hadn't taken much time before she was squirming underneath him.

While Jayden was momentarily catching her breath, Brian had pulled his shorts off and tossed them aside. He grasped his fiance's hips, lifting them so he could pull off her panties before pulling her body to his. Jayden's legs wrapped around his hips, pulling as he buried himself inside of her. She moaned, drawing it out as Brian slid into her slowly, holding for a few moments before rocking his hips slowly against his her's.

“Jesus, Brian,” Jayden breathed, clamping her legs tighter around his waist.

“Don't act so surprised,” he laughed softly. “You started it.”

Jayden went to chuckle, but a quick thrust from Brian had caused it to come out as a groan. Her arms wrapped around her fiance, nails digging softly into his back as he rocked his hips faster. The pace remained steady for a while, allowing both of them to feel each other, to feel something they've both been missing. It was different than their moment in the shower. Feeling each other in a way they haven't in a long time, almost reminiscent of their first time together that was just as special.

Brian slowed a bit and Jayden looked up at her fiance. Both saw each others' eyes clouded over with lust. He paused for a moment, bringing his hand up to caress her face. “You okay, sweetheart?”

Jayden smiled, gently running her fingers through Brian's hair. “Yes.” Her fingertips trailed down his cheek, to his chest, back around to his shoulder. “I love you, Brian,” she said, pulling him with her legs.

“I love you too,” he murmured before he began rocking his hips again.

Brian hadn't wasted much time in picking up the pace, the rhythmic thrusting causing Jayden to toss her head back. Her eyes closed as her breathing picked up. Soft moans escaped with every other exhaled breath. She flung her arms out, grasping the sheets in her hands as pleasure washed over her body. A burning ache had began to form deep in her stomach, rapidly rising up. Her internal muscles clenched around Brian as she found her release. As her back arched off the bed, Brian snaked his arms around her body, pulling her tightly against his own. Her contracting muscles pulled him over the edge, and moments later, the couple collapsed in a breathless heap onto the bed.

Jayden could feel the familiar emotions from last time creeping up on her. While trying not to break down sobbing again, she pulled the sheet up to her chest, rolling onto her side with her back to Brian. A few tears had fallen onto her pillow, but she kept herself calm otherwise, still wondering why having sex was triggering all of these emotions for her deceased brother.

Some time later, Brian rolled towards her, scooting close. His fingertips grazed the soft flesh on her arm towards her shoulder. “Sweetheart?” He murmured, placing a kiss on her shoulder.

“Hmm?”

“Are you okay?” he asked.

Jayden sniffled. “I'm trying.” A few more tears fell as she stopped hiding them. “I don't know why this happens.”

“Different emotions running through your brain probably.” He rubbed her bare back in a soothing manner, hoping she would calm down and not turn into a sobbing mess. “Maybe the sex is helping your mind open up again after being numb for a while?”

Jayden continued to stare towards the wall, holding the sheet tightly to her chest. “I guess.”

Brian scooted closer until his chest was against her back. “I know you miss him, you don't have to remind me, and you don't have to hide it.” He paused and kissed her shoulder again. “Baby, it's almost four in the morning, let's get some sleep.”

~ ~ ~

“Jay?” A voice whispered, pulling Jayden from her sleep. Her eyes scanned the room for a moment before she turned to Brian, wondering if he had called to her. He was still asleep though, snoring softly. “Jay?” The whisper came again and her head whipped towards the window.

Clutching the sheet to her bare chest, she sat up and stared at the window. “Who's there?” she whispered.

“I didn't leave you.” The voice came from a different part of the room now.

“Jimmy?” Jayden asked, looking towards there dresser where she swore she could see a silhouette of somebody sitting on top of it.

“Yeah. Who else would it be?” Jayden turned to Brian again, but he still remained asleep. “Don't worry, I won't wake him.”

“Why am I hearing your voice right now?” she kept her voice in a whisper.

“Because I'm here, silly.”

“No. Jimmy, you died almost two months ago.” Her eyes remained focused on the dresser, seeing the faint silhouette move slightly.

“Maybe physically, but I'm still here, always going to be here, and always going to take care of you.”

The silhouette moved again, this time allowing Jayden to make out the lanky figure of her twin. She turned for a moment to turn on the lamp next to the bed, but when she turned back, there was nothing there. “Jade?” Brian's groggy voice called to her.

“I heard his voice, and I swear he was sitting right there.” She pointed to the dresser.

“Baby, it was probably just you dreaming. Come back to sleep.”

She wanted to argue with Brian that she indeed saw her deceased twin sitting on the dresser talking to her, but for the sake of their already vulnerable emotions, she didn't say another word. Instead, convincing herself that it was a dream, she turned off the light and laid back down, Brian's arms wrapping protectively around her as the couple had fallen back to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
I've been trying all week to get this update out, and it's been hell for me. -__- My brain is running short on ideas for my active stories while giving me ideas for new stories. Consider this my Christmas present to you guys. Comments are love as always, and thanks for being patient with me.

Please note that in the coming weeks I will be working a lot of hours and trying to get updates done for other stories, so it might be a bit longer than usual before I can update again. I promise to try and not make it as such, but I'm just giving a heads up. I apologize for taking so long between updates, and can't thank you guys enough for being so patient with me.