‹ Prequel: Just Keep Breathing.
Sequel: In No Hurry.
Status: Completed.

Call Me Hopeless, But Not Romantic.

It's impossible to stay mad at you.

It was like it was meant to be because when we walked out of the coffee shop hand and hand I saw tht Jacob kid across the street. I pulled us to a stop and she gave me a confused look.

"I'll be back." I said not taking my eyes off the kid.

"Matty, no." She said grabbing my arm.

"I'm not gonna hit him. I'll be back." I said pulling her from me and I quickly walked across the street.

Once I reached the sidewalk the kid noticed me from where he was standing with a girl.

"Oh ello mate. I heard there was somefin yeh wanted ta say ta meh." I said crossing my arms with a grin.

"I, I don't know what you are talking about..."

"Right. So my bird is lyin'?" I asked and he didn't even speak. I guess too afraid to say yes or no.

"Yeh all big and bad in school, but outside of it what's tha matta?" I asked smirking, "right. That's what I fought. Well, carry on. If yeh bring meh up again I won't be as nice tha second time around." I added patting his shoulder causing him to flinch.

I couldn't help but laugh as I crossed the street to Macy who was glaring at me, arms crossed.

"What? I did nuffin." I said pulling her to me, "he's a bit scared of meh I'd say." I chuckled and she rolled her eyes.

"Baby! Stop. Why yeh mad? I did nuffin and plus he deserves it."

"I just don't want you to get involved."

"Too bloody bad. I'm yeh boyfriend."

"Oh and that's a good enough excuse?"

"For meh it is."

She rolled her eyes and I laughed as we reached the studio.

"So we good?" I asked pulling her to a stop as I placed my arms around her waist.

She nodded, "were we ever not?"

"I don't bloody know. Yeh got mad at meh earlier." I said as she placed her arms around my neck.

"It's impossible to stay mad at you Nicholls." She said and I chuckled. She stepped on her toes and pressed her lips to mine causing me to pull her closer to me.

"Oye, don't be makin' out in front of tha studio! Someone gonna get a picture of that!" Jona said and we both looked over at him.

"So? This isn't bad, now this would be inappropriate." I said as I lightly grabbed her butt and she hit me causing me to laugh.

"Yeah, I got that pic. Definitely goin on tha internet." Jona said holding his phone up.

She laughed into my shirt and I chuckled holding her to me.

"We're gonna go eat. Gonna come?"

"Yeh comin'?" I asked looking at her. Although I was starving, I'd stay if she was.

"Yeah she is because Tom is."

"Guess so then." She said with a shrug.

I kissed her quickly and pulled away from her as everyone walked out.

"Oye, Oli look at this." Jona said shoving his phone into his face.

I chuckled as Oli's face turned serious.

"Oye! Keep yeh hands off meh cousin!" He said and I laughed, "Oye, I don't have ta shes my bird." I mocked as I threw my arm over her shoulders.

"Oh? Yeh fink that mattas?" He asked as we walked to our cars.

"Yeah it does."

"No, truss meh it doesn't." Tom said chiming in.

I chuckled as we reached my car and I opened the door for her.

"Get in my lady."

She laughed as she got in and I closed the door only to be faced with Lee giving me a weird look.

"What?"

"Yeh are a disgrace..."

"Yeh are juss jealous." I said walking to my side of the car.

He rolled his eyes before climbing in with Tom.

"Lee finks I'm a pansy now cause of yeh." I said starting the car and she laughed, "why?"

I shrugged and she leaned over kissing my cheek, "I don't think you are."

"Shit like that makes me seem like it." I said laughing.

"So, I shouldn't kiss you?"

"Yeh betta."

She laughed and I kissed her hand that I was holding.

"I don't care what they fink."

"Me neither."

"Just know, I'm gonna kiss yeh when we get there."

She giggled, "why?"

"I juss want to cause yeh propa cute." I said with a grin as I watched the road.

Yeah, I may not be a pansy, but I was becoming close to it...

Once we parked at the diner down the street I turned the car off and not 2 seconds later my lips were on hers.

She giggled beneath me and I smiled, "can I tell yeh somefin?"

"Yes."

I debated on telling her the words that repeated in my head every time she was around but I reframed.

"Nevamind. I'll tell yeh lata." I said before getting out of the car.

"Matty!" She said slamming the door and I laughed, "Yes love?" I asked leaning on the car with a grin.

"Tell me."

"Nah, not yet."

"That doesn't sound good."

I laughed and before I could speak Oli yelled for us to come inside.

"Race yeh." I said with a wink before I took off for the diner. She yelled behind me causing me to laugh and of course I reached Oli first.

"I swear yeh a kid round her." He said chuckling.

"I know."

He shook his head as he held the door open. Macy walked up shoving me as she brushed past me into the diner.

"She's a propa brat." I joked as I followed him to the table.

I slid into the booth beside her and pressed my lips to her cheek.

She rolled her eyes and I slid my arm around her waist as I continued to kiss her jaw.

"Matty!"

"Give meh a kiss." I mumbled grasping her side as her lips hit mine.

Lee groaned, "they should have neva met. I'm gonna frow up."

"It was destiny apparently." Tom mumbled.

"It was. First cryin' bird I eva had on my doorstep." I said and she pushed me lightly.

I chuckled, "yeh had meh at hello love. Well, at yeh overly confused words of what floor am I on?" I said with a grin as I slid my arm onto the back of the booth.

She rolled her eyes and Lee groaned, "bloody hell, let'em leave ta go make out so I can actuallah eat."

I raised an eyebrow at Oli waiting to see what he said to that.

"Hell no." He said seriously.

I shrugged, "worth a shot."

Macy hit my leg and I shot her a look, "quit hittin' meh woman!"

She wrapped her arm around mine and kissed my shoulder. Having her all loving towards me made my heart beat against my chest rapidly.

I had to force myself to eat because I knew if I didn't I was going to keep touching and kissing Macy. It was hard not to when she was so close to me.

"Let's stay at my house tonight." I said holding her hand as we went back to my car.

"Why?"

"Cause yeh house creeps meh out and yeh said my bed was betta."

She laughed, "true."

"Look, I'll give yeh my key. I probably won't be home til late and yes, I want yeh ta stay." I said seriously.

"Ok." She mumbled and I started taking my apartment key off the key ring.

"Juss go home wif Tom." I said kissing her as I placed the key in her hand.

"But I need stuff."

"Like what? Yeh always wear my clothes anyways."

She smiled, "sort of huh?"

"Yeah. Sort of." I said with a grin as I wrapped my arms around her.

I kissed from her cheek to her lips and before I could speak Tom interrupted, "come on Macy!"

"I juss wanna be able ta kiss yeh and not be interrupted." I mumbled and she laughed, "see you later."

"Ok."

She pecked my lips before running off to Tom.

"Yeh worse than Tom." Oli said as he walked over to my car. I rolled my eyes, "am not."

"Are so. Yeh in love mate?"

I gave him a look and he smirked as if he could read my mind, "that quick huh? Mhm. Fought yeh were neva gonna be in love?"

"Sod off."

"It's cause she's a Sykes."

"Doubt it." I said as we got into my car.

"We're juss hard not to love." He joked.

"Shut up."

He laughed and I drove us back to the studio. Just liked suspected I didn't get home until almost midnight and I quietly walked into my apartment knowing she was probably asleep.

I turned on the hall light in order to see and I walked into my room only to see Macy asleep on my bed. I grinned and walked over to her sitting beside her gently.

I leaned down and kissed her forehead.

"You're home." She said quietly and I wrapped my arms around her, "yeah, sorrah it's so late."

She shrugged closing her eyes as she held onto the pillow.

I chuckled and kissed her cheek.

She tugged on my arm and I laid beside her not even bothering to take my jacket off or my shoes.

"Gonna let meh change?"

She shook her head no as she pressed her face to my chest.

I stroked her hair lightly as I held her to me.

"How was work?" She asked.

"Ok."

She looked up at me and I pressed my lips to hers.

"Let meh change and I'll be right back."

She sighed and let me go causing me to laugh.

I quickly stripped to my boxers and climbed into bed again.

"Macy." I said once she was settled against me.

"Mhm?"

"I love yeh." I said softly. Maybe not amazing timing, but it just felt necessary.

She looked at me a bit more awake than before, "really?"

I nodded, "course reallah."

I cupped her face and pressed my lips to hers.

"Yeh don't have ta say it back if yeh don't want to, but I reallah mean it. I've neva felt the way I feel bout yeh towards anyone else." I said seriously.

She gave me a grin and before I knew it her lips found mine again. I pulled her on top of me as we kissed feverishly. Before I knew it our clothes lined the floor and I was watching her sleep peacefully.

I swear tell a girl you love her and you can get anything you want. I chuckled at my horrible attempt at a joke.

...Lack of sleep I guess.

I pressed my lips to her forehead as my head whirled with thoughts of her leaving.

How was I going to handle that?

I brushed her hair back gently. I love her. I do. In fact, I don't think I've ever meant those 3 words more than I do now.

I wrapped my arm around her and finally fell asleep.

When I woke up I felt around trying to find Macy before I opened my eyes, but was unsuccessful. I sighed and forced my eyes open to look for her.

When I came up empty handed I groaned and sat up running my hand through my hair.

"Oh good you're up." She said entering the room and I nodded sleepily.

She was already dressed and ready for the day and I watched her as she walked over to me.

"Oli said you guys have to go back to the studio at ten." She said running her fingers into my messy hair.

"Mhm." I mumbled and she leaned in pressing her lips to my forehead.

"So go shower."

"Stay in bed wif meh." I said wrapping my arms around her waist.

She smiled, "no. We can't."

I nodded and she laughed, "Matthew."

"Oh is that mean yeh mean business?"

She nodded with a grin and I began to laugh, "not intimidating love."

I pulled her down and she sighed as I stared at her, "hey."

"Hi."

I smiled, "I love yeh."

"I love you too."

With that I kissed her, "yeh perfect yeh know?"

"Am not."

"Are so."

"Matty go shower."

"Macy, otha fings seem temptin'." I said running my hand up her side.

"I've got some things to do." She said as I kissed her neck.

"Yeah, meh." I joked and she began to laugh, "No silly. I have some more crap to fill out for college."

I looked up at her with a frown, "that's so bloody far away Macy."

"Matt, it's March. I graduate in 2 and we have 5 months until August."

"No, I'm sayin' that California is far away."

"I know..."

I sighed and fell onto my back, "then what happens Mac?"

"I mean, I don't know."

"Yeh saw what happened to Lexi and Tom."

"What do you mean? They were fine."

"Macy, I was bloody there."

"Yeah, but look at them now. I mean if you don't want to try just tell me."

"Course I do! I juss don't want us like that."

"We're not them. You especially aren't Tom."

"True."

She kissed me and linked her hand with mine, "go."

"Says the lass who's holdin' meh hand."

She laughed, "habit. I like your hands."

"Oh is that so?"

"Yeah."

I smirked, "well, I like my hands too, when they're on yeh." I said grasping her sides.

She laughed and I chuckled as I leaned in to kiss her.

"Love yeh baby." I whispered rubbing her side lightly.

"Go get ready!"

"Bloody hell! My bird hates meh!" I said hopping from the bed.

She giggled, "do not."

"Do so." I mumbled opening my closet.

She wrapped her arms around me and I chuckled, "Are yeh doin' this cause yeh feel bad or cause I'm shirt less?"

"Both?"

I laughed as her lips hit my arm.

"See, now yeh can touch my arms wheneva yeh want." I joked.

"Right." She said rubbing her hand down my arm causing me to shiver.

I quickly turned around and picked her up, "juss give meh twenty minutes baby." I said crashing us onto the bed.

***


"Oliver is going to murder you." She said as she slipped her dress back on.

I smiled from my position on the bed and she rolled her eyes.

"I love yeh."

"Yeah, yeah."

"Babe, I love yeh and stop actin' like this was all meh. Yeh didn't seem ta mind." I said smirking and she threw a pillow at me causing me to laugh.

"Tell meh yeh love meh." I said and she shook her head no.

"Baby."

"Baby, baby, baby." She mocked.

"That's it." I jumped and she squealed as I grabbed her quickly.

"Ok. I love you."

"Bullshit."

Before she could object my phone began to ring and I quickly grabbed it up from the dresser.

"Yes Oli?"

"Get yeh arse here."

"Look, yeh betta than anyone can undstand that I was shaggin' yeh cousin. Well maybeh yeh can't undastand that part but tha shaggin' fing yeh can."

Macy hit me causing me to laugh as Oli groaned, "gross! Ugh! I'm scarred foreva! Get off my bloody cousin and get yeh arse here!"

"I'll be there in thirty. Maybeh." I said winking at her and she rolled her eyes, "he will!"

I hung up with Oli and she shook her head, "I can't believe you."

"Believe it."

"So..."

"Go shower." She said rolling her eyes.

I chuckled and kissed her cheek quickly before going into the bathroom.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok a few things...

1.) This is a pretty long chapter.

2.) I know you enjoy the past chapters which have been pretty lovey dovey, but that is about to end. Some dramaz about to show up. :3

3.) Thanks to;
As Above_ So Below (there might be Oli ninja style coming up soon. Haha)
Hellxoxsunshine (apparently I just might! Lol)
StellaSykes
Marcellaandrade
Lexin3d
Heytheredarling
For commenting! :)

OH AND 4.) Go check out Horror and Demons story, "Until We Bleed." It's a Matt Nicholls story. But don't be confused like I was, read the short story first, "Symphony of Sympathy." Haha. It's really good. :3