‹ Prequel: Just Keep Breathing.
Sequel: In No Hurry.
Status: Completed.

Call Me Hopeless, But Not Romantic.

Letting you go is impossible.

Time seemed to go by quickly. Either because I was overly happy or because I wasn't paying attention to it. Before I knew it Macy was graduating. Of course, yes, I was glad she was going to be away from all those kids that put her through hell, but that also means she was closer to leaving me and that I wasn't happy about.

"Hey Macy!" Oli yelled entering my apartment. It was no surprise that she was here. She was here a lot these days.

I stuck my head out of the kitchen to see him with a smile on his face as he found Macy on the couch.

I rolled my eyes, no telling what he was up to.

He fell beside her and she gave him a weird look, "are you high?"

"Yes, but that's not the issue here."

I chuckled and she rolled her eyes, "well what is it?"

"So I ran into Jacob."

She groaned and I crossed my arms clearly interested now.

"And?"

"And, well I feel as if I have yeh an early graduation present cause parently he's not as scared of meh as he is of Matty. So he tried ta get in meh face and well, I punched him. Idiot." He said laughing and even I couldn't help but to chuckle.

"Oli!"

"What?! He got in meh face! He started it!"

She sighed and I sat beside her, "don't be mad. Tha bloke deserved it."

"Plus yeh graduate today! Why does it matta?" Oli asked.

She rolled her eyes and got up leaving Oli and I alone.

"Why is she so mad?" Oli asked and I sighed before getting up and going to find Macy.

"Macy, what's tha bloody matta?" I asked sitting beside her on my bed.

"Nothing."

"Then why yeh mad?"

"Because Matty! I'm glad you two think it's ok for the both of you to act like all of them."

"Whoa, whoa. I wasn't the one who punched tha bloke!"

She shrugged and I spoke, "fine Macy. If yeh don't want us ta take up for yeh anymore than by all means we bloody won't."

"Whatever." She mumbled and O quickly got up from the bed.

"Some times yeh reallah show yeh age Macy."

She laughed, "right. Me not wanting you to act like Jacob is me being 18 huh?"

I rolled my eyes and she got off my bed, "I'm leaving and Matty, if I'm too young for you maybe we should just break up."

"Stop bein' so dramatic." I said with a sigh grabbing her arm.

"I'm not being dramatic. If you think I act like a teenager, then well, maybe you shouldn't be with me."

I rolled my eyes before grabbing her face and pressing my lips to hers.

"Juss shut up. I love yeh." I mumbled against her lips.

She started to speak and I cut her off with another kiss.

She crossed her arms not bothering to talk as I pulled back. A smirk hit my lips and I brushed her cheek, "I love yeh a lot."

"Love you." She mumbled and I pulled her into a hug.

"Be sweet. Yeh graduate today, love."

"I'm sorry. I'm just stressed out. My parents will be there." She said into my shirt.

"So will I, so don't be so worried." I said rubbing her back.

"You don't know them. Like, they aren't like Carol and Ian. At all."

I shrugged, "it's one day."

"They will be home for a few days."

"And yeh can always stay here if needed."

She looked up at me and I kissed her gently.

"Now go apologize ta Oli." I said softly.

She rolled her eyes and pulled away from me. She walked into the living room and I breathed out with a sigh. What would I do about her parents? I hadn't ever really thought about meeting them.

I quickly followed behind her and her and Oli were laughing now. Clearly he was higher than I thought.

"Yeh not gonna beh ready ta meet her parents and when yeh do yeh gonna be like how tha fuck did Macy come from that? She's nuffin like them." Oli said chuckling.

I forced myself to swallow. Yeah I was nervous. Even if they weren't like her I felt the need for them to like me. Who wouldn't want their girlfriend's parents to like them?

"We shall see."

"Well, I gotta go. See yeh tonight love." He said patting her head before leaving my apartment.

I sat down and she sat in my lap.

"You're nervous." She said with a grin and I rolled my eyes, "am not."

"They won't like you. That is before you even speak. They don't like Oli and he's my mom's blood. They disapprove of his lifestyle." She said rolling her eyes, "so it's only fitting they do the same to you."

"And that doesn't bother yeh?" I asked and she shrugged, "it bothers me that they are like that, but It's not like they have been the greatest parents ever and like what they think matters to me."

I just stared at her unsure what exactly to say to her.

"I love you...so...yeah." she said with a grin as she ran her hand into my hair.

"Well, maybeh we shouldn't tell them yeh my girlfriend."

She frowned, "why?"

"Well at least they won't give yeh a hard time."

"So what if they do. They're never here. I don't want to have to keep things hidden just because of them."

"Yeh like bein' my bird that much?" I joked and she chuckled, "maybe I do."

I pulled her to me and kissed her cheek, "yeh need ta go home and get ready."

"I know." She said with a sigh, "see you there?"

"Of course my love. Wouldn't miss it for tha world."

She pecked my lips and said goodbye on her way out.

I sighed and leaned against the couch. This was going to be interesting.

***


"Nervous?" Oli asked as we drove to the school.

I shrugged, "should I be?"

"Sort of..." Lexi said chuckling.

I sighed, "I don't bloody care ta be honest. I'm here for Macy not for her parents."

Once we made it to the place I got out now a bit nervous thanks to them. I meant what I said though. I was here for her alone. I loved her so it didn't matter what they thought or said.

I sighed and shoved my hands in my jacket as we waited for the others so we could all sit together.

"Someone looks nervous." Carol said as she walked up with Tom, Katie and Ian.

She gave me a smile and patted my arm. I managed to let out a nervous laugh, "sort of."

"It's worse than you think."

"Stop scaryin' tha bloke." Ian said and Katie chuckled linking her arm with mine, "Matty, don't worry." She said as we slowly walked in.

"You love her, she loves you. Nothing or no one else matters." She said and I sighed looking down at her, "yeh right."

"Always am."

I chuckled as we took our seats.

She patted my hand for reassurance and Tom leaned over her to talk to me, "they're here."

"Maybeh yeh should tell'em yeh two are elopin' afta this." Oli said laughing and I shot him a glare.

Carol hit Oli and told him to be quiet as I watched the two way too proper people walk over. I could tell they weren't like Macy. The only thing they shared was looks.

"Carol!" The woman said too fake for my liking. Carol got up and hugged the woman who had Macy's eyes.

"Fantastic to see you." The woman said with a smile as she glanced over at Oli then to Tom.

"Hello Tom. How are you?" She asked causing me along with Oli to laugh because she just pretended Oli wasn't there.

"Lovely. You?" He said in his soft tone and she nodded as she sat beside Carol and Ian who was talking to who I assume was her husband.

"Fuck meh." I mumbled and Katie chuckled from beside me.

"Maybeh yeh should be like surprise! I'm screwin' yeh daughta!" Oli said in a fit of giggles.

"I'm gonna murda yeh when we leave." I whispered and Lexi smacked his arm to shut him up.

"Oh the small joys in meh life." He said with a smile on his face.

"Are yeh still high?"

"Still high?" Lexi asked a stern look lighting her face and Oli winced.

"I thought we talked about that!"

"I'm not high."

"But you were."

"I..."

"He was." I added.

He glared at me and she crossed her arms.

"Baby, I'm sorrah!"

"Whatever." She mumbled and he sighed leaning back in his seat.

"Fanks." He mumbled and I shrugged, "didn't know it was a secret mate."

The cermony seemed to last years and once it was over I couldn't have been out of my seat quicker. We waited outside for Macy and I leaned against the wall watching her parents chat up Oliver and Tom's.

"Waiting on me?" I heard and looked over to see Macy with a grin on her face.

I smiled, "hey love."

"So how was it?"

"Well, I accidenly told Lexi Oli smoked pot, Carol scared meh ta death and if Oli was loud enough yeh parents would've known we slept togetha. So prettah good."

She laughed and wrapped her arms around mine leaning up to kiss my cheek.

"Sounds fun."

"Mhm." I said shrugging, "maybeh I should go say bye ta Jacob."

She laughed, "maybe."

I leaned in and kissed her, "proud of yeh love. Even wif all this mess yeh graduated wif honors. Yeh a smart lil bird."

She rolled her eyes and I hugged her to me, "go see yeh family before they see us."

She sighed and pulled away from me before walking to her parents. I knew that bothered her, but I really didn't want conflict. Not here, not today anyways.

I followed behind her slowly walking closer to where Tom was then them.

"Say a big fuck yeh to her parents mate." He said throwing his arm over my shoulders.

"Nah not today. It's her day."

"So yeh gonna pretend ta not be togetha when yeh two can't keep yeh hands off each otha?"

"Yep." I mumbled watching her. She seemed uncomfortable around her parents. Her arms were crossed and a serious look lit her usual happy face.

She then out of no where pointed over to me and I groaned knowing she must have told them. Tom chuckled, "oh man. This is like a movie unfolden before meh eyes!"

I sighed and her parents looked from me to her. This was just great. We really weren't standing that far so we could hear basically everything said and to say they were holding back would be a joke.

I threw my hand to my forehead feeling my headache forming already.

"Why would you date someone like him? He's just like Oliver." Her mom said and Tom rolled his eyes, "welcome ta tha family."

"Yeh one ta talk golden boy."

He laughed, "it's cause Im not covere in tattoos."

"I'm bloody not!"

"But yeh in Oli's band."

I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms trying to catch more of the conversation.

"It's ok Joy, she will be in California soon and she can find her a decent guy." Her dad said calmly.

"A decent yank." Tom mumbled and I shook my head simply because what I was thinking was just as bad. She would move find that guy that pleases her parents and I'd be tossed to the side.

I swallowed the lump in my throat and breathed in deeply.

"Dude, don't listen ta them." He said patting my shoulder.

"Can't bloody help it." I mumbled walking away from him and over to Oli who was now leaned against his car.

"Told yeh." He said as if he could read my mind.

I shrugged and leaned beside him.

"Why yeh quiet?"

"Maybeh they are right yeh know?"

"About?"

"Bout meh and her."

"That yeh are shit?"

"Well, not that part. Just, she's gonna go ta California and there is no doubt someone will fancy her and yeh know, how can I blame her for liking someone when I'm not there?"

"She won't do that."

"It'll happen."

"Since when are yeh insecure?"

"I'm not. I'm juss pointin' out tha obvious."

He sighed, "mate, she loves yeh."

"I know but some times that isn't enough." I grumbled watching her as Tom hugged her to him probably comforting her from the aftermath.

"Yeh do what yeh fink is bess Matt, but do it now. Don't string her along." He said seriously.

Tom walked Macy over hand in hand and once she came in distance of me I wrapped my arms around her pulling her to my chest.

"Why don't yeh listen ta meh?" I whispered as she clung to me tightly.

"What's the fun in that?"

I sighed and kissed her head, "now yeh ruined yeh day."

"Did not. You're here aren't you?" She said and I buried my face into her hair, "Yeah, I am." I whispered.

Letting her go would be impossible.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok. So, apparently I'm a bit of a pushover. Haha. A few people have asked me to do a spin off of Lee next, and well, I decided I will...but this story is no where near over. So you'll have to be patient. :)

thanks for everyone commenting. Comments make my day. :)