‹ Prequel: Just Keep Breathing.
Sequel: In No Hurry.
Status: Completed.

Call Me Hopeless, But Not Romantic.

Sometimes the future isn't so bright.

California was a lot different then Sheffield. It was bright, hot and loud. If anything a part of me weirdly wanted to hate it. I guess hating it and going back to Sheffield would be better than admitting that I simply wanted to be home.

Don't get me wrong. It felt good to fit in for once. To not have anyone hate you, to have real friends. Yet, I couldn't help but miss everyone at home though. Oli, Katie, Tom...Matty. Especially Matty. I had cowardly not talked to him since the airport although he attempted with a few text. I just knew if I texted back staying here would be worse and I knew I wouldn't be able to focus or attempt to like California.

Although it didn't seem to be working at this point.

"Leslie!" I yelled as I entered the apartment I shared with my room mate.

It had been almost 6 months since I have been at school and I had grown comfortable with the surroundings. Phone calls from Oli and Tom everyday kept me sane and the pictures of my new cousin made me feel not so far from home.

"Yes?" Leslie asked popping out from her room.

"I brought lunch."

"Awe, aren't you so sweet."

I chuckled, "of course."

Leslie had become my best friend. Ever since the day we met it clicked. She was bit tougher than me that was for sure and she even looked the part. Although dashingly pretty, people tended to be a bit intimidated by her. I on the other hand thought she was easy to talk to and she definitely made me more relaxed. Without her I don't know if I'd still be here.

"Oliver called."

I gave her a confused look and she laughed, "you left your phone."

"Oh." I said laughing as she handed it to me.

I dialed his number as we sat down to eat.

"Ello my lovely cousin." He said happily.

I laughed, "Hi, you sound well, happier than usual."

"I am. I just got some good news, love."

"And what is that?"

"That we're gonna be in California in oh, two days."

"What?! Seriously?!"

"Yep and course Lexi will be wif me..."

"So what you're saying is that Nick will be here?!"

He laughed, "Yeah, figured yeh'd be happy about that."

"Oh my gosh I am so excited!"

"I'm sure yeh will be his favorite Aunt."

"Cousin you mean."

"No, yeh like my sista so aunt."

I chuckled, "Oh well thanks Oli."

"Well we will see yeh soon. I miss yeh Mac. Juss not tha same wifout yeh."

"I know, I miss all of you. I am literally so excited. Call me tomorrow."

"I will love. Have a good day. Bye."

I hung up and noticed Leslie staring at me confused.

"They will be here in 2 days. Which means I get to see my sweet, baby Nicholas."

She laughed, "why is he coming out? Just to visit?"

"I don't know. Didn't ask." I said shoving a fry in my mouth.

I was too happy to wonder why.

"Tell him to bring his hot friend." She said and I laughed, "which one is his hot friend?"

"Not your man, settle down. Although, he is attractive." I rolled my eyes and she continued, "the cute one."

"Not following. Jona?" I asked.

"Is he the tall blonde one?"

"Yeah."

"No."

I laughed, "oh my gosh ok. So not Matt, Oli or Jona. Matt K? The dark headed tall guy?"

"No."

"Wait! Lee?! Seriously?! I mean, not that he's not cute, but I mean, he basically hates girls." I said laughing.

"Is he gay?"

"No. He's just anti-relationships, feelings, etc. I mean, he might sleep with you..."

"Mhm." She said with a raised eyebrow and I laughed, "well, guess you two might be on the same level."

"Hey, nothing is wrong with that."

I laughed, "I'll see what I can do for you."

"Thanks!" She said happily.

I chuckled and quickly finished with my meal. I couldn't wait to tell Oli that.

Once we were done Leslie went back to finishing a paper for class and I of course called Oli.

"Dude you will not believe this shit." I said before he could speak and he began to laugh, "what is it?"

"Leslie, my room mate is totallt wanting to bang Lee."

"Wait. Lee? Like the Lee we know?"

"Yes! What other Lee do we know?!"

He just laughed, "well I'll let him know. I mean, he might want to shag her when he sees her."

"When he sees her?"

"Yeahh...we have two shows in California Mac. Why did you fink we were comin'?"

"I, I don't know. A show? Really?" I asked finding my thoughts now strictly on Matty.

"Yes..."

I sighed not so happy anymore.

"Oh. Wait this is bout Matty huh?" He asked as if he could read m mind.

"I'm going to go."

"Mac, it's been almost a year if yeh don't count the airport encounter."

"I just don't want to see him. I've been perfectly fine without him." I mumbled.

"Then yeh should be fine wif seein' him. Tha only reason yeh wouldn't be is if yeh weren't ova him."

I sighed, "I am."

"Then it should be fine. Although, I don't know what seein' yeh will do to him cause he, well, I mean, I don't know..."

"Because he what?"

"He's juss not tha same Mac."

I sighed, "Look I've got to go."

"Ok..."

We said goodbye and I sprinted to Leslie's room.

She looked up from her computer and I spoke, "Matty will be here."

"What?"

"They are here for shows. What do I do? I can't see him."

"Why? I thought everything ended ok?"

"It did, but I just..." I said starting to cry.

She jumped from the bed, "Ok. Ok. Well what do you want to do? Not see Oli and them?"

"I'll just, have to suck it up."

"It's one day Macy. Then you can go back to not seeing him."

I breathed in, "right. Ok. Right."

She nodded and rubbed my back, "it'll be fine, but look on the bright side...your family will be here. I get to bang Lee...there are happier times ahead!"

I laughed, "oh gosh...I'm worried."

I was in fact more than worried.

The day of their arrival I was a nervous wreck. Nervous and excited if possible.

"Oh my gosh." I said pacing my living room floor.

"Chill the hell out."

"You just don't understand..."

"Oh I get it, but it's just your family."

"Right. But I know he's here. I can just feel it."

"You're insane."

"I wish." I said with a sigh.

The doorbell rang and I almost sprinted to the door.

I threw the door open to see Oliver, Lexi, Tom, Katie and little Sykes which is what now I would call him.

"Tom!" I said since he was the closest. He scooped me up for a hug.

"Fuck Macy, I miss yeh." He said squeezing me tightly.

I then hugged Katie who I had probably missed the most. I mean, at home she was basically my best friend.

"Um, hello?"Oli said giving me a grin and I quickly went to him as Tom and Katie went inside.

"Oliver, I love you, but I really want to see the baby." I said and Lexi laughed, "that's how I feel too."

Oli shot her a look and I laughed as she kissed him quickly.

"Lets get inside." I said ushering them in as I hugged Lexi from the side.

"Oh guys, this is my roommate Leslie." I stated as we all sat around the living room.

"Mhm, just thought she was some stranger." Tom said sarcastically and Leslie laugh, "Pretty much am."

Lexi pulled the baby from his carrier and I clapped my hands excitedly.

"Jeez Mac like yeh neva seen a kid before." Oli said with a grin.

"Yeah, well it's different since it's yours." I said as Lexi handed me the baby. Well, sort of baby he was almost 6 months.

"I feel as if we missed so much time together and I'm suppose to be your favorite." I said as Nicholas stared at me not sure how to take me I believe.

Tom laughed, "Oh god here we go."

"Hey Nicholas." I said smiling causing him to smile in return.

"Oh my god you look just like your dad I'm sorry."

Oli nudged me and I laughed with Lexi.

"Just kidding you're cuter than him."

"Yeh realize yeh talkin' ta a baby right?" Oli asked.

"So? He understands me. I'm sure."

"Wait. Is this tha girl who likes Lee?" Oli asked completely off topic.

I laughed, "like is a strong word."

Leslie laughed, "Yeah...sort of is."

"Well, yeh will meet him tonight. Yeh comin' ta tha show." Oli said and I shot him a look.

"Yes, I've got yeh two tickets already. Yeh goin'." He said seriously.

Katie gave me a look and I rolled my eyes, "I..."

"Yeh goin'. Juss cause yeh don't wanna see Matty doesn't mean yeh need ta avoid everyone else." Oli stated.

"Fine. Douche bag." I grumbled bouncing the baby on my knee trying not focus on the pounding in my chest.

"I do miss the guys." I stated and Katie spoke, "dude, Jona misses you more than he lets on."

I laughed, "i knew he would."

"Here hold your kid for a minute." I said handing Nick to Oli. It was weird to witness I won't lie. He cuddled the baby kissing his cheek before he whispered something to him. It was odd seeing Oli like that. Being so fatherly. It was adorable actually.

I went and grabbed my phone and took my seat next to Oli again.

"So, Macy, got a boyfriend yet?" Katie asked wth a grin.

"Ha! Seriously?" Leslie asked and Katie laughed, "worth asking."

I rolled my eyes, "ok you all can leave now."

"Oh come on Mac. Yeh can't beh tellin' meh that no yanks have been tryin' ta hit on yeh." Tom said.

"Oh they have, but she doesn't care."

"That isn't true..."

"Oh really? Um, that hot guy Troy asked you on a date last week and you turned him down."

"He isn't my type." I mumbled defensively.

"He isn't Matty." Oli stated and I glared at him, "I'd hit you if he wasn't in your lap."

He shrugged and Lexi spoke, "Macy, you don't have to be over him. No one said there was a time limit."

I sighed, "Please can we not talk about it anymore?"

"Sure, sure. Look, tha show is at 7 call Tom when yeh get there and he will meet wif yeh outside." Oli said and I groaned, "fine. You all must hate me." I said taking Nick from him.

"Except you. You're cool." I said and Oli chuckled, "Yeh mental."

"He's going to stay here with me." I joked.

"Ha, no." He said so serious.

"Oli finally loves someone more than himself. The world is ending." I joked and Lexi busted out laughing.

"Hardy har har." He said rolling his eyes.

"Give meh my baby back. We gotta go." He said grabbing up the baby causing me to pout.

"Fine. Jerk."

He leaned in and kissed my forehead, "see yeh tonight love. Yeh betta be there or so help meh god I'll hold tha show up ta come find yeh arse."

"Jeez. Ok!"

We said goodbye to everyone and I closed the door behind them with a sigh. This was going to be interesting.

"Are you going to be ok?" Leslie asked as I fell back onto the couch.

"I honestly don't know." I mumbled.

The thought of being that close to Matt was something I wasn't sure I could handle. No matter what I told myself I knew one look at him and all the feelings I've been trying to keep hidden would resurface.

This was going to be a great night...
♠ ♠ ♠
And they meet at the show and live happily ever after! Just kidding...if only it was that simple. :3

Thanks to;
Lexin3d
Marcellaandrade
MyEscapeTheFate
WhoAreYouJudy
As Above_So Below
Khairena (thank you! :3)
Just.A.Cupcake.Lover
For commenting! :)