‹ Prequel: Just Keep Breathing.
Sequel: In No Hurry.
Status: Completed.

Call Me Hopeless, But Not Romantic.

I'll walk you to your door.

I was a bit exhausted by the time we got home and I told everyone goodnight and headed to my apartment instead of going back to Tom's and drinking with everyone.

Once I walked in I pulled my shirt off and kicked my shoes to the side tiredly. I yawned and before I could fall onto my couch my doorbell rang. I groaned and walked back to the door throwing it open only to see Macy. A grin hit my lips instantly, "wow. Deja vu."

She rolled her eyes, "Can I have my book?"

"Ugh, yeh one of those kids that does homework huh?"

"Yeah, go figure." She said and I chuckled as I pulled her inside and she followed me to the living room.

"Here yeh go. Now go study yeh heart out, love." I said with a grin as I handed her the book gently.

She rolled her eyes and I covered my mouth to yawn.

"Awe is little Matty sleepy?" She teased and I scratched my side as I glared at her.

"Now go sleep your heart out, love." She said grabbing my chin and I narrowed my eyes at her.

"Yeh a smart arse ta be such a baby."

"Must be why no one likes me." She said with a grin and I frowned as she removed her hand from me.

"I like yeh juss fine."

She gave me a grin, "yeah, you aren't so bad yourself."

I chuckled as I reached out and let my fingers graze hers, "will I see yeh tomorra?"

She shrugged, "I don't know."

"Well, if not have fun at school Monday. Just call meh if yeh need meh, ok?" I said seriously.

She nodded and I brought my hand back to my side.

"Come on. I'll walk yeh to yeh car." I said grabbing a shirt from my dresser and pulling it on as we walked outside.

"You're going to freeze to death." She said noticing I was shoeless.

"Nah. I'll be fine." I said as we walked slowly to her car.

"Well, I'll see yeh soon." I said shoving my hands in my pockets.

"Cold?" She asked with a smirk.

I rolled my eyes, "Maybeh. Get in tha bloody car."

She laughed, "goodnight Matty."

"Goodnight Macy." I said kissing her forehead before backing up.

She gave me a grin and I waited until she was in the car to go back inside. I really didn't know what was going on, but I kind of liked it.

The next day I stayed in bed until noon. It had been our first show in 2 weeks and my arms were now offically sore and the thought of moving didn't sound fun.

My phone vibrated on the bed beside me and I reached over slowly bringing it to my ear, "ello?" I mumbled.

"What are yeh doin'?" Oli asked.

"Layin' in my bed."

"Get yeh arse up and come ova."

"No. I don't feel like it."

"Macy is comin' ova."

The line grew quiet and he began to chuckle, "so yeh will be ova here in 10?"

"Sod off."

"See yeh soon mate!" He said quickly hanging up before I could speak.

I sighed and laid onto my back. Do I stay or go?

The thought of Macy being there was tempting. I sighed and finally pulled myself from the bed. What can I say? I was already a sucker for the girl.

I got ready and drove the familiar path to Oli's. I knocked and Lexi opened the door with a smile.

"Hey you."

I chuckled, "hey prettah girl. Hey baby." I said rubbing her stomach as I stepped in.

I looked over at the couch to see Jona sitting with Katie and Lexi spoke, "she's out back with Oli."

I gave her a look and she smiled, "Why is it such a bad thing Matty? Why are you so scared to like someone?"

"I'm not." I mumbled and she patted my back before walking off.

I sighed and grudgingly walked to the back porch.

Once Macy saw me a grin hit her lips and I cheesily smiled back at her.

Oli began to chuckle beside her and he went back to grilling whatever it was that wasn't even a real burger.

"You came." She said stepping in front of me and I shrugged, "I knew yeh'd miss meh too much if I didn't."

She chuckled, "Oh yes how did you know?"

I smiled, "call it a gift. Did yeh study last night lil bird?"

She rolled her eyes, "Nope."

"Rebel yeh are." I said patting her cheek and she groaned as I took a seat next to Matt who gave me a weird look.

"Shut up." I said causing him to laugh, "I didn't say anyfing..."

"Yeh didn't have to."

***


Once 8 hit we were all sitting around doing nothing. Jona had already left and Marcy was trying to talk Tom into taking her home.

"My lil bird gotta study?" I asked jokingly as she stood next to the chair I was sitting in.

She hit my shoulder lightly and I laughed, "curfew at 9?"

"Jerk."

I laughed, "want meh ta take yeh home?"

"Going to make jokes the whole time?" She asked and I smiled, "Not many, I swear."

She rolled her eyes, "fine..."

I chuckled and got up from my chair.

"I'm takin' this lil bird home. Her bed time's at 9 and she's runnin' out of time." I said pulling my keys from my pocket.

"I hate you Tom." She mumbled as she walked to the door.

"What?! Why?!"

"If you would've taken me I wouldn't have had to result to him." She said as she opened the door.

"Oh, I love how yeh talk like I'm so horrible." I said ushering her out the door.

"You are."

I laughed, "oh is that so?"

She nodded with a smile as we got in my car.

I chuckled, "right. Ok..."

She giggled and I smiled, "Um, I don't know how ta get ta yeh house love."

"I know."

I chuckled, "well some directions would be prettah nice right now."

"Is that so?!"

I shook my head, "ugh. Yeh make meh mental."

"Take a left."

I just laughed as I followed her directions.

"Look, yeh made it wif ten minutes to spare!"

She shoved me lightly and I chuckled grabbing her hand from my arm.

"Want meh ta walk yeh to yeh door?" I asked and she pulled her hand from mine, "Nope."

"No? That's propa rude."

"I can't have boys on my porch after 8." She joked and I chuckled, "good fing yeh like ta break rules aye?" I said with a wink as I got out of the car.

I could here her laughing behind me as I reached her porch.

"Well, you're kind of too old to be on my porch."

I chuckled, "I won't tell if you don't."

"I won't." She said and I gave her a grin, "well, goodnight Macy. Try and have a good day tomorra ok?"

She sighed, "right, ok."

I smiled, "it'll be ok."

"We shall see."

"Goodnight." I said messing with her hair causing a glare from her and for me to laugh the way to my car. I could tell I was going to enjoy having her around.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok. I've decided to update twice since I can't tomorrow. A short chapter, but it should hold you over until Sunday. ;)

Enjoy. :)