‹ Prequel: Just Keep Breathing.
Sequel: In No Hurry.
Status: Completed.

Call Me Hopeless, But Not Romantic.

I'll take care of you.

Of course it was nothing new for me to sleep in until 12 the next day and I would have slept longer if it wasn't for my phone waking me up. Seemed to be happening a lot lately.

I fumbled around for it and pressed it to my ear without even opening my eyes, "Ello?" I said sleepily.

"Matty, can you come get me?" Macy asked and I sat up quickly.

"Mac, what's wrong?" I asked noticing the distress in her voice.

"Nothing. I just need you to pick me up and I can't get a hold of Tom." She said sniffling and I was now fully awake.

"Course I'll come get yeh. Didn't yeh drive this mornin' love?" I asked as I climbed out of bed and tried to pull my pants on with one hand.

"Yeah, but..."

I instantly cut her off, "No, it's fine juss wonderin' bout yeh car. I'll be there in 5 sweetie."

I hung up with her and finished getting ready. I dialed Oli's number and he finally picked up on the 5th ring.

"Ello?"

"Have yeh not noticed Macy callin' yeh?" I asked and he spoke, "I juss saw it mate. What's up?"

"I don't know. All I know is I'm probably gonna kill a high school kid today." I said as I climbed into my car.

"What? Why?"

"Cause Macy just called meh cryin' tellin' meh ta come pick her up!"

"What happened?!"

"I don't bloody know." I said with a sigh.

"Fuck. Well, call meh when yeh find out what's goin' on."

"I will." I mumbled as I hung up.

I don't know what happened, but I swear if someone hurt her someone was going to die. It was that simple.

I drove to the school like a maniac and as I parked I spotted Macy. I quickly hopped out and walked over to her.

"What happened?" I asked concern hitting my eyes once I saw her face.

She quickly embraced me and I wrapped my arms around her tightly. As cheesy as it was this was the first time we ever hugged and to say I didn't like the way she fit into my arms would be a lie. It was a strange, yet wonderful feeling.

"Everyfing is gonna be ok. I'm here now. I won't let anyfing happen ta yeh." I whispered holding her to my chest.

She cried into my shirt and I rubbed her back trying to figure out how to fix something when I didn't even know what happened.

"Macy, sweetie, tell meh what happened."

"I just want to go." She said through her tears and the school bell rang loudly.

"Ok. Go get in my car. I'll be right back." I said kissing her forehead as I handed her my keys.

She didn't object and I waited until she got in the car before angrily stomp into the bloody school. I didn't need to know what happened, knowing that she was hurt was enough motive for me.

I quickly found that dumb girl from the other day and I slammed her locker shut causing her to jump back startled from the noise.

Her eyes landed on mine and she seemed a bit scared which she should've been.

"Relay a message for meh cause I know yeh have somefin ta do wif why Macy is cryin'. Tell Jacob that if I see him out I'll kill him. Yes, that is a threat and yes, I do in fact mean it. Can yeh do that for meh?" I asked and she slowly nodded.

"Great. Glad yeh can actuallah listen." I said before walking away.

I was livid. So angry I was pathetically yelling at high school kids. I knew if I saw Jacob I would have hurt him right here disregarding the fact that I would probably be jailed for it.

"Yeh ok?" I asked softly as I got into my car.

She nodded as she wiped her eyes.

"Macy, tell meh what happened please." I said softly and she looked up at me, "they like wrote all over my locker! Who does that?!"

I sighed, "wrote what exactly?"

"Not nice things." She mumbled looking out the window and I grabbed her hand, "I'm propa sorrah, love. I wish I could fix it all for yeh."

She forced a grin, "it's ok."

"It's not." I said seriously as I drove us to my apartment.

She was quiet the whole ride and I held her hand as I walked us to Tom's place.

I banged on the door and he opened it quickly, "Macy." He said sounding a bit relieved.

Oli must have called him.

She clinged to my arm and he opened the door for us.

"What tha fuck happened?" He asked closing the door behind us.

"Uh what's gonna happen is a few kids are gonna get killed." I said sitting on the couch as Tom pulled her into a hug.

"What happened love?" He asked concern filling his voice as he rubbed her back.

"I hate that place." She said into his shirt and he sighed, "I know. Only a few more months Mac."

"I left my car there."

"I'll get Oli to drive meh ta get it. He's on his way."

She nodded and he gave her a reassuring smile as she pulled away from him. I had the right mind to go hunt that boy down. Although, I had no proof it was him.

She wiped her cheeks as she sat beside me, pulling her knees to her chest.

"Hey..." I whispered scooting closer to her. She looked up at me and I brushed her hair back, "don't let them get ta yeh Macy. Yeh know yeh are a good person, we know yeh are. Who gives a shit what they fink?"

"I know." She whispered and I gave her a grin, "it'll all be ok. I promise."

She nodded and I leaned in to kiss her forehead.

"I did howeva theaten Jacob. Well, to that bird, but I'm sure the message was relayed."

"Matty."

I chuckled, "I'm sorrah. It's just ridiculous."

She nodded and I gave her a grin, "I will kill him if needed."

She chuckled, "Please don't. We don't need you in jail."

I smiled and Oli busted in the door, "Who the fuck do I need to kill?!" He asked loudly, clearly frustrated because his hair was in shambles and his shirt was hanging crookedly on his frame.

"Don't worrah. Fink Matty has already done that." Tom stated and Oli crossed his arms.

"What happened?"

"Some bloody blokes wrote fings on her locka."

He sighed, "I'm sick of this shit! I'm gonna kill some kids tomorra!"

"No you're not." Macy said speaking up.

"I bloody am!"

Macy sighed and I patted her back, "Oli, settle down. It'll be bloody fine. I handled it. Let's juss see what happens."

"Oh yeh handled it? So we wait until someone hurts her?! cause then I'll bloody kill yeh!" He said loudly.

"Oli, settle down she's fine." Tom stated.

"Yeah, for how long? I don't truss fuckin' blokes like that Jacob fucka!"

"Look, relax and drive meh so we can get her car from school."

He sighed and walked outside still rambling to himself as Tom followed.

She looked over at me and I patted her head, "he's juss full of talk."

"I hope so." She said softly before she laid her head on the arm of the couch.

"I hate that yeh goin' frew this." I said stroking her hair lightly.

"Not your fault." She whispered as she shut her eyes. I sighed and stared at her, my fingers twisting into her hair.

"I know, yeh juss don't deserve it. Yeh know yeh none of those fings they say right?" I asked and she nodded.

"I juss don't want anyfing they eva say ta mess wif yeh Macy. Yeh none of those fings. They are juss jealous idiots. Ok?" I said seriously and she opened her eyes, "you act like I'm suicidal or something."

I chuckled, "I know yeh not. Juss afta a while yeh might start believin' it yehself and yeh too amazin for that."

"I don't."

"Juss in case I'll remind yeh everyday." I said brushing her cheek with the back of my hand.

She gave me a small grin, "sweet of you."

"Yeah and yeh said I was horrible. Go figure."

She laughed and that was enough to make me smile.

"Want meh ta take yeh home so yeh don't have ta hear them bitch more?"

"That would be great but I'll need my car for tomorrow."

I sighed, "Maybeh yeh shouldn't go."

"I can't avoid the situation."

"Fine, maybeh yeh should let meh take yeh."

She smiled, "I'll be fine."

I breathed in, "I'd feel betta if I took yeh, ok?"

"Fine." she said with a sigh.

"I juss, worry bout yeh. Come on. Let's get yeh home love." I said grabbing her hand and pulling her up from the couch.

She sniffled as she held on to my hand and I pulled her to my car.

"Do you remember how to get there?"

I chuckled, "Yeah I believe so."

She nodded and it didn't take me long to find her house.

"Maybeh yeh should tell yeh parents bout all this."

She stifled a laugh, "right. I'm sure they'll care."

"They should." I said hopping out of my car following her to the porch.

"They're always too busy with work. I'm surprised they even know what I look like."

I sighed and wrapped my arms around her waist, "well, yeh know what?"

"What?" She asked softly her blue eyes locking with mine.

"I'll take care of yeh." I said brushing her hair behind her ear.

She quickly looked away from me and I pressed my lips to her cheek, "everyfing will be ok Macy. I mean that. I'll make sure of it."

She nodded, "see you in the morning?" She asked and I nodded, "course."

She gave me a grin before pulling my arms off of her. She then stood on her toes and kissed my cheek, "you're sweet."

"Am not."

"Yes you are."

I sighed not in the mood to fight about it.

"Thanks for rescuing me."

"No problem lil bird."

We said goodbye and once I got in my car I groaned in frustration. What was she doing to me?! It nerved me knowing she made me feel this way.

I finally gathered myself and drove back to Tom's quickly.

"Where did yeh go?" Tom asked and I fell onto the couch.

"Macy wanted to go home. She was sick of yeh bitchin'."

Katie chuckled as she sat beside me, "someone has a very soft spot for that girl." She said patting my chest and I crossed my arms, "do not." I mumbled.

"Do so. We all know yeh aren't as bad ass as yeh try ta be." Oli said with a smirk.

"Why is it so bad? I think it's cute." Katie said with a grin.

I groaned, "great."

Tom and Oli laughed, "awe. Matty. It's cuteee."

"Sod off!"

They laughed as they walked outside probably to smoke and I looked over at Katie who had an amused grin on her face.

"Fine. Maybeh I do." I grumbled causing her to laugh.

"I can't bloody help it! She's propa sweet and adorable. Who could be anyfing but nice ta her? Juss pisses meh off and I feel tha need ta protect her."

She smiled and I rolled my eyes, "don't say anyfing."

"I wasn't going to..."

"But yeh finkin' it."

"So?"

I stood up with a sigh, "I'm goin' home."

"To think about Macy?"

"Katie!" I said and she laughed onto the couch.

I rolled my eyes, "yeh all drive meh mad."

"Bye Matty."

I mumbled a bye and headed to my apartment. Unfortunately Katie was right, I was already thinking of Macy...

I fell onto my bed once my shirt was off. Katie's words filling my head with things that I didn't like to think about; ever. The truth? I liked Macy. Something about her I couldn't get over. She was sweet, funny and beautiful. It was impossible not to.

Ironically enough, I couldn't wait to get up at 7 in the morning simply to see her. That's how I knew something was going on...
♠ ♠ ♠
Awe. :3

Anyways, Thanks to;
Ally...
Stellasykes
Colorful_dinos
Marcellaandrade (Thanks! I did! Haha)
Lexin3d
As Above_So Below
For commenting. :)