‹ Prequel: Just Keep Breathing.
Sequel: In No Hurry.
Status: Completed.

Call Me Hopeless, But Not Romantic.

Just know I don't do that just for anyone.

I quickly paid the guy and she followed me into the kitchen pulling herself up and sitting on the counter.

I chuckled as she pointed to the cabinet I assume telling me there were plates in there.

"So what am I tha butler now?"

She laughed as I opened the pizza box.

"Cute butler if that makes you feel any better."

Well, in fact it did. I chuckled and handed her a plate,

"here yeh go cutie." I said with a wink.

"Thank you."

I leaned on the cabinet across from her watching her swing her legs as she ate her pizza. She was still a kid at heart I could tell, but then again, so was I. If anything I found it rather adorable.

"Are you not eating?" She asked and I shook my head, "nah."

"Eat or I'm paying you for this pizza."

"Nope."

She frowned, "you are a jerk."

"Yeah? Well apparently it's keepin' yeh safe."

She chuckled, "touche."

After she ate we went back into the living room. She took a seat and closed her book placing it on the table.

"Yeh done?"

"Nope."

I chuckled and fell beside her as she turned the television on.

"So, yeh stay here a lot by yehself?"

"Yep."

"No siblins?"

"Nope."

"That's no fun."

"Yeah I know. Well, Tom and Oli some times stay with me."

"Like the siblins yeh neva had?" I asked laughing.

"Yeah." She said with a smile, "I don't think I would have survived this long without them."

"Do yeh want meh ta stay wif yeh tonight?" I asked simply because even I would be a bit nerved staying in this big house without someone.

"You've done enough don't you think?"

"Nah." I said with a grin as I threw my arm onto the back of the couch.

"Fine." She mumbled laying her head on my shoulder.

"Yeh need ta finish yeh homework."

"You do it."

I laughed, "doubt I can. I haven't been in school in years."

"Right. Since 1984 right?"

"Funny."

She giggled and I reached for her math book sitting it between us, her head still relaxed on my shoulder.

"Ok love. What yeh gotta do?"

"This page." She said pointing to the left one.

"All this?"

"Well, I only have 5 more to do."

"Yeh so lazy."

She nudged me and I laughed as I grabbed her pen and notebook.

"Is this why yeh friends wif meh?" I asked after I finished a few problems.

"That's wrong." She said pointing to the last one I did.

"Ok brainiac. Jeez." I said scribbling through it.

She giggled, "clearly I'm not friends with you for your smarts."

"shut up." I mumbled.

She laughed as the front door open causing both of us to look up.

Oli walked in with a smirk, "watcha doin' Matty?"

I rolled my eyes, "Helpin' this lil bird wif her homework."

"Actually I'm helping him."

I shot her a look and Oli laughed, "not surprisin'."

"Why are yeh here? To torture meh?"

"Nah, I juss usuallah hear from Macy afta school and I didn't today. Clearly she was too occupied."

"Sorry." She said and he smiled, "quite alright love. Juss makin sure yeh ok. Well, um, yeah... juss call meh tomorra alright? I worry bout yeh."

She sighed, "ok dad."

I laughed, "he's practicin' for tha future."

Oli rolled his eyes with a laugh, "whateva. Bye."

I chuckled as he left, "he is a lot nica since this baby fing."

She laughed, "very true."

"Ok, lil bird, we're done." I said closing the book and sitting it beside me.

"Thank you." She said giving me a side hug.

I chuckled, "No problem. Wasn't so bad."

"Sleepy." She said into the sleeve of my shirt.

"oh?"

"Yeah, too much homework."

I laughed, "right..."

She looked up at me and I kissed her nose. Something about her just made me want to be sweet. It was strange...

"So this weekend, we're gonna go out for a while. Sort of a last party fing cause we start recording next week. Yeh comin'."

"Sure."

"I know, I wasn't askin' I was sayin' that yeh are gonna come."

"Oh is that so?" She said laughing.

I nodded with a grin as she got up from the couch.

"Sweet of you."

"I try, love."

"You know you don't have to stay with me. Seriously."

"Non sense. It's fine." I said waving her off.

She sighed, "I don't need to be babied Matt."

"I'm not babin' yeh, Macy. I'm well aware yeh can take care of yehself."

She just shook her head and headed upstairs to do who knows what.

I relaxed on the couch flipping through the channels aimlessly until I heard Macy scream and it caused me to jump up instantly.

"Mac?" I called out.

"Matty come here now!"

I quickly ran up the stairs and finally found her room.

My urgent demeanor was quickly demolished when my eyes landed on her standing on her bed and pointing to the floor where a spider now laid.

I couldn't help it. I busted out laughing and she glared at me.

"I fought yeh didn't need ta be babied love?" I asked as I grabbed a magazine from the floor and quickly hit the spider with it causing her to squeal.

I chuckled as I threw the magazine in a waste pin near her dresser.

"Yeh can come down now." I said with an amused grin and she stood there staring at me with crossed arms.

"What? Yeh called meh. I killed it. why yeh mad?" I asked grabbing her waist and pulling her from the bed.

"I mean, fink bout it. If I wasn't here who would've killed it?"

"I wouldn't have slept in here." She mumbled.

"Yeh propa kiddin' right?"

She shrugged and I laughed.

"Shut up."

"Yeh such a girl."

"Noooo. Really?!"

She hit my chest lightly.

"Oye! Keep bein' mean I'll find a bloody spida ta put in yeh bed!"

She frowned at me and I chuckled wrapping my arms around her waist. I really couldn't stop it. It just felt, good being close to her.

"It's not funny! That thing was on my bed!" She said dramatically and I nodded with a grin trying to be serious,"look, go do whateva and I'll check yeh bed for yeh ok?"

She nodded and I kissed her forehead before forcing my arms off of her.

"Stupid spider." She mumbled as she grabbed up some clothes and went into the bathroom.

I laughed as I lifted her blanket up.

Was I actually going to check this girls bed for a spider? Really? I don't even know myself anymore...

Of course I came up empty handed and once I was putting the blanket back in place she walked out of the bathroom in pajamas.

"No spidas. I swear."

"Thank you Matty." She said kissing my cheek before sitting on her bed.

"Juss know I don't do that juss for anyone." I said sitting beside her with a grin.

"I'm honored." She said as she laid on her back.

I followed suite and laid beside her.

"Guess yeh need ta get some sleep lil bird."

"Stop calling me that!"

I chuckled, "i've been callin' yeh that and yeh juss realizin it?"

"No, but I'm just now finding the time to tell you I don't like it."

I chuckled and turned on my stomach so I could look at her, "but yeh are a lil bird."

She rolled her eyes as I played with her hair.

"Look, how bout this? I won't let anyone else call yeh that but meh."

"Oh wow. Thanks."

I chuckled, "well I'm not gonna stop."

"Yeah, figured that."

"Get some sleep, love." I said kissing her shoulder before getting off the bed.

"Oh. The bedroom next to this one is a guest bedroom and honestly, if you need anything just help yourself."

I chuckled, "Ok."

"Matty?"

"Mhm?" I said turning around to face her.

"Goodnight."

I chuckled, "goodnight lil bird."

Torture was what it was lying in a room which was only a wall away from her.

I wanted badly to just get up and go cuddle with her. Yes, I said that and yes, I meant it.

Fuck Tom and everything he stands for! I blame him for everything!

I sighed and laid on my back and stared at the ceiling. I was just going to do it. Surely she knows I feel something for her. Right?

I groand and covered my face with the pillow. This was just ridiculous. How could a 18 year old girl have this effect on me?!

I finally got out of the bed sliding my jeans back on before walking softly to her room. Was I this stupid now? I climbed into her bed with her and she didn't budge. I slid my arm over her small waist and pulled her to me gently. I sighed and pressed my face against her shoulder.
Was this making me creepy? I would have thought so, but her fingers began tracing my hand and I closed my eyes knowing she was ok with this. I couldn't help but find myself hopeful, like maybe this would be something incredible.

Maybe she was what I didn't even know I was looking for.
♠ ♠ ♠
A bit short, but I couldn't find anywhere else to end it. Otherwise, it would have been too long.

Thanks for commenting;
Lexin3d
Marcellaandrade
Stellasykes
Tybaby?! ( I didn't mean to do that, but some how every story I write with him in it, I do that. Haha.)
Myescapethefate
Hellxoxsunshine ( I knew this story was missing something! Your threatening comments!)

Don't worry, maybe some kissing will happen in the next chapter. We shall see. ;)