Sequel: Consequence
Status: Slow Updates

Wasted

34.

Autumn’s eyes were reading over the script in her lap while she relaxed on the couch for the evening. Riley sat next to her, paying attention the TV and eating take out in her own lap.

“Do you think your cousin digs me?” Riley suddenly blurted.

“Um, what?” Autumn cocked an eyebrow at Riley.

She sighed and turned the TV down. “I mean, like do you think he would go on a date with me?”

Autumn snorted and sat up. “I’m sorry, let me just laugh really quick.” She let out a loud giggle but quickly turned it down when she saw the glare Riley was sending her way.

“I’m serious Autumn!”

“I know, sorry.” She smiled, “Yeah, I think Frank would. I don’t see why not.”

Riley’s eyes lit up. “Really?”

Autumn hummed and nodded. “Just don’t get infected.”

“Infected with what?” Riley’s eyes widened and she swallowed hard.

Autumn smirked, “The Iero curse. Once you got us, you can’t get rid of us.”

Riley laughed and playfully slugged Autumn upside the head. “I already have one Iero under my belt, I think I can handle another.”

Riley stood up and headed to her room, most likely to give Frank a call, Autumn guessed. She shook her head to herself and laughed, getting back to the script. She couldn’t even read for more than five minutes when the doorbell rang and knocked her concentration. She sighed, knowing she would have to answer it.

As soon as she answered the door she was grabbed roughly and pulled in for a quick kiss. She laughed against Gerard’s lips and playfully swatted him away.

“Couldn’t wait for me to open the door, could you?” She teased.

“Nah sugar,” he smirked, “I waited long enough all day. I finally get to see my girl, I can do what I want.”

She snorted, “Your girl is doing homework.”

“Homework?”

“I’m revising one of Barry’s scripts. He wanted me to take a look at it.” She crossed over to the couch and plopped back down, her hands grabbing the script.

Gerard walked into the kitchen searching for a cup of coffee and smiling when he saw the coffee maker with fresh black coffee.

“Knew I was coming?” He shouted from the kitchen.

“Lucky guess!” She shouted back and underlined something she thought could use some work.

“Drop the work and give your boyfriend some lovin,” Gerard sat beside her and pouted.

“My boyfriend can watch TV and sip his coffee for a little while.” She handed him the remote and kissed his cheek.

“Women,” Gerard grumbled under his breath.

They were quiet for a while, the only sounds were the TV and Autumn’s pen scratching against the script every once in a while. As soon as she was done she stood up and put it into her bag on the kitchen table so it could be ready for the morning.

“I’m available now,” she sighed dramatically and dropped into Gerard’s lap.

He smiled and leaned down to kiss her. She smiled as their lips connected and tangled her fingers in his hair. It was growing shaggier and she honestly loved it. She loved being able to run her fingers through it and pull on it.

“You wanna braid my hair or somethin?” He mumbled against her lips.

“Is it obvious that I love playing with it?”

“Yeah,” he smiled, “but I don’t care. Play with it all you want.” He shook his head obnoxiously, hitting her with his hair.

“I think your hairs prettier than mine.” She ran her hands through his and combed it back.

“Nah, everything about you is prettier than me.” He pecked her lips.

She smiled and felt her cheeks grow hot.

“Listen,” Gerard cleared his throat, “I got something I need to tell you.”

Autumn felt her stomach tighten and bad news just started flooding her mind but she nodded along.

“Okay.”

“Stacy wants to invite us over for dinner tomorrow.” He said evenly but Autumn saw him swallow hard.

“Wow,” Autumn mumbled and looked down at her hands.

She didn’t dislike Stacy or even hate the woman. She just didn’t feel comfortable around her and she had every reason not to. Gerard and she had a past that was slightly entwined with hers and now she was going to have his child which was all too surreal.

“You don’t have to go if you don’t want too,” Gerard said quickly, “she just wants to talk to you and let you know that she doesn’t want me like that

Autumn shook her head, “No, no. I’ll go.”

“Sugar, you ain’t-”

She cut him off, “Gerard, I want to go. She’s a permanent part of your life and,” she looked down and swallowed thickly, “she’s the mother of your child.”

He touched her cheek and kissed her softly. “I love you.”

She tried her best to smile. “Me too.”

-

Autumn felt stiff in the passenger seat of Gerard’s car. He held her hand while he drove, keeping the other on the steering wheel. She looked down at their hands and sighed quietly. Tonight was going to be more than awkward for her. She was scared of how she would react when she saw Stacy’s pregnant belly.

Gerard had told her again that she didn’t have to go if she didn’t want to but she sucked it up. She loved Gerard and if she was going to be with him like she wanted to be, then she would have to get used to sharing him with Stacy for the next few months until their baby came. Autumn cringed at the thought but sucked it up.

Autumn had never seen Stacy’s apartment but she knew she had a decent job at Cartoon Network and she could see that when they walked up to her flat. It wasn’t exactly lavish but it was better than what Autumn shared with her two roommates. She tightened her grasp on Gerard’s hand as he rang her doorbell.

The sound of feet shuffling to the floor was heard and a few seconds later Stacy opened up her door, dressed in a casual blue dress and flats. Autumn’s eyes immediately went down to her belly and widened. She was approaching five and a half months and was definitely showing.

“Hey guys,” Stacy smiled and opened up her door, “come on in.”

Gerard and Autumn said hi and walked in. It was nicely decorated inside and left Autumn feeling a little more insecure. Autumn kept secretly glancing at Gerard to see his reactions but he looked calm and at ease. She remembered he probably came over a lot when they had their thing and felt bile rise in her throat.

“Dinner’s ready,” Stacy smiled and gestured over to the small dining table.

Once they sat down everyone started passing around plates and serving them. Autumn still hadn’t said more than the small hello and didn’t know if she could open her mouth anymore.

“So,” Gerard cleared his throat, “your appointment is tomorrow right?”

“Yes, you know you can come if you want.”
“You wanna come too?” Gerard nudged Autumn’s side.

Autumn tweaked her lips, “Really?”

“Yes,” Stacy nodded, “I’d actually like for you to be there.”

Autumn’s eyebrows furrowed and she looked between Stacy and Gerard. “Sorry, but why?”

Gerard scratched his head nervously and looked towards Stacy, mentally asking her for support.

“Look,” she sighed, “I know you’re upset about this,” she gestured down to her stomach, “but just know Gerard and I didn’t plan this. What we had been in the past is over and it honestly doesn’t even matter.”

“But it does matter, you’re having a baby together.” Autumn shot back unintentionally. Her eyes widened and her hand flew to her mouth.

“I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have-”

Stacy cut her off. “It’s okay.”

“You’re right,” Autumn sighed and dropped her fork down, pushing her plate slightly away. “I am upset about this.”

“Autumn-” Gerard started.

“No,” she cut him off, “let me just say what I need too out loud.” She put her hand up and waited for them to nod for her to go on. She swallowed thickly and looked down at her fidgeting hands.

“But there’s nothing I can do about it. And Stacy, I hold nothing against you or Gerard. For my sake, I need you guys to understand that sometimes I may seem out of it or snappy but I love Gerard and I want him to be happy. So for the sake of this baby, anything you two need from me, I’ll be there.”

Stacy’s eyes turned glassy and she held her hand to her face, “I’m sorry,” she smiled weakly, “it’s the hormones. Thank you Autumn.”

Autumn nodded and looked over at Gerard who’s lips were dangling a small smile and his hand reached out to squeeze hers. She was going to try to roll with the punches, especially for him. But she knew at the back of her head there was always the negative thought that maybe it would all crumble down.
♠ ♠ ♠
Shitty filler, I'm sorry. But do you guys think Autumn's really this supportive or just sucking it up?