All Eight Guardians

Time Out

Karri's POV

I waited until the dead of night when I was sure everyone was sound asleep before I snuck out of the hotel room.

Sure, I loved having so many people around me lately. These seven people were more than I was with every day at school. Although at times it felt like they followed me around line an entourage. I guess it was just something I was going to have to get used to but every once in a while I just need my space.

So that's why I snuck out. I wandered around for a while until I found a staircase that led to the hotel roof. The view from the roof was really nice and even though there were hundreds or even thousands of trees in the Kingdom of Clover, I could still see pretty far.

I froze when I heard someone's quiet footsteps behind me, but relaxed thinking it was just one of the guys coming to check up on me.

"Uhh, excuse me, do you have a match?" an unfamiliar voice asked.

"A match?" I repeated, confused as I turned around to face the guy.

He had black hair and onyx colored eyes. He wore dark clothes that were tight fitting, almost like the emo stereotype from my world.

"Yeah, so I can smoke." he said as he walked up to me and held up what looked like a cigarette between his fingers.

I shook my head, "I'm sorry, I don't have any."

He shoved the cig into his pocket as he said, "It's probably best, it's my last one anyways. Who knows when I'll get my hands on some more."

"Oh, is it hard to find smokes?" I asked.

He chuckled, "You must be new to the kingdom. Everyone around here are a bunch of health nuts."

"So...no smokes?" I questioned.

He shook his head, "Nope. Usually I have to travel to Moltra to get some more."

"Are they only available in Moltra?" I asked.

"Oh no, it's just Moltra sells them the cheapest." he replied.

"I see." I mused.

"So where are you from?" the guy asked, changing the subject.

"Huh?" I asked.

"You are not from Clover, right?"

"...Right..." I answered slowly.

"So where are you from?" he repeated.

I wasn't exactly sure how to answer. If I said New York City would he think I was crazy because it doesn't exist here? Should I say Omega because that's where I came from even if I didn't know that much about the kingdom? I didn't really have many other choices.

"O-Omega." I finally said.

He nodded, "Ahh, the motherland...What are you doing here in Clover?"

I shook my head, "I shouldn't say."

"Why not?" he asked.

"Don't take it personally, but I have heard the people of this kingdom tend to jump to conclusions." I said quietly.

He rolled his shoulders, "Why would I take it personally? I may be from this kingdom, but I'm nothing like the people here. I mean, look at me; I'm a chain smoker in the middle of a village full of health nuts! I'm practically an outcast because of it!" he basically ranted.

"Uhh...Do you have a point to be made?" I quietly interrupted.

"Oh yeah. It's you can tell me because I wouldn't jump to conclusions and even if I did I don't have anyone to tell because no one will believe me anyways." he said.

"Oh, well then I guess I could tell you...I'm looking for someone." I said.

"Who you looking for?" the guy questioned.

I shrugged my shoulders, "I'm not sure. All I know is his name is Base and he's somewhere in Clover."

"Why are you looking for him? Is he in trouble?" he asked.

"N-No. We need his help.

"We?" he questioned.

I nodded, "My friends and I."

"Why do you need his help?"

"He's a Guardian." I said as I bit my lip. I didn't know how he was taking this information and his emotionless face wasn't helping.

I expected for him to say something, but he remained quiet.

"Do you know where I can find him?" I asked.

He was quiet for a moment longer before he took a deep breath and said, "You're looking at him."
♠ ♠ ♠
A new character has been added to the list of images.
I've been waiting a while to add him. xD