Battle of the Bands

fourteen

-No One's Point Of View-

Pete ran toward the stage so fast that he nearly stumbled onto the stage when he tried to stop too quickly.

The drummer on stage, Kyle, noticed Pete's minor balancing problem. He snickered and missed a beat to the song they had been playing at the moment called 'I Don't Know About You, But I Came To Dance.'

Pete smiled sheepishly and then waved to Kyle who nodded back to him.

Soon, Forever The Sickest Kids finished their set and walked off stage while The All American Rejects walked on stage and began to play 'Dirty Little Secret.'

[A/N: I know I said in a previous chapter that Fall Out Boy was on stage next, but then I realized that wasn't going to work exactly. No worries though, I have corrected the error, shifted things around, and everything is looking good again.]

"Hey man." Kyle said as he high-fived Pete, "What was up with your near rush onto the stage?" he asked.

"I have the biggest news to tell you." Pete answered.

"Bigger than when you got that new bass?" Kyle questioned.

Pete nodded.

"Bigger than when you and Patrick got Joe and Andy to try an Awful Waffle?" Caleb questioned.

Again, Pete nodded.

"Well then, what is it, boy?" Austin asked.

Everyone turned toward Austin with questioning looks on their faces, wondering why he called Pete 'boy.'

"What?" Austin asked innocently, "I'm a little hyper."

"A little?" Kent questioned.

"Guys." Pete said, trying to gain their attention.

"Yeah, a little." Austin answered, "You know I always get hyper after preforming."

"That is true." Marc said as he nodded his head.

"Guys?" Pete asked in an annoyed tone.

"That's not true." Caleb argued.

"Yes it is!" Austin said as he pouted.

"GUYS!" Pete shouted.

All the guys turned to the forgotten Pete.

"What?" Kyle asked as he cleared his throat, "Oh yeah, you had news, huh?" he asked.

"Well, what is it?" Austin asked.

"You better not say 'boy' again." Jonathan said, speaking up for the first time.

Kyle groaned and rolled his eyes.

"Please don't start that again." Pete said as he mentally face-palmed.