Battle of the Bands

sixty-four

-Julie's Point Of View-

"Hey, wait, what's going on? Where are we going?" I questioned as a rather large group of us walked into last night's venue and in the direction of the stage.

"We're going to meet the new bands." Pete said as he smiled.

"The new bands?" Melissa questioned.

"Yup." Patrick said as he slung his arm around her neck, "We said a temporary goodbye to Linkin Park, I Set My Friends On Fire, and The All American Rejects and now we have to say a temporary hello to the new bands." he explained.

"Isn't that a little awkward? Meeting the new bands, I mean." I said quietly.

Pete smiled, "Well, if you don't like the newbies just... pretend to like them because we don't want any tension between the bands."

"Yes sir Captain Spongebob." I said as I saluted and smirked.

The next thing I knew, Pete picked me up and began to swing me around, and around, and around.

Until I got dizzy.

"Okay! Attention up here please!" someone with a clipboard said from the center of the stage while everyone else gathered on the right side of the stage. "Mr. Wentz, put your friend down this instant!" he scolded.

I felt myself being placed back on my feet and I looked up to see the bands were going to be introduced through stage left and possibly one at a time.

"Is everyone here? Yes? Good. On with the show." the man with the clipboard said, "Will the first band come out please?"

There was quite a bit of foot shuffling before I heard Melissa gasp.

"Oh my God, it's Avenged Sevenfold!" Melissa said as she bounced up and down and Frank looked at her with a raised eyebrow.

"Would ya listen to that? We have a fan in our midst. Who are you darlin?" Matt said as he stepped forward and smiled.

Melissa smiled as she stepped forward in front of the other bands and introduced herself, "My name is Melissa, she's Julie, and we're friends of the bands."

"Oh, I get it, you're roadies." Zacky said.

"No, we're not." I said as I stepped forward, stood in between Bill and Tom, and crossed my arms, "We're FRIENDS of the bands." I repeated.

"Wow. You're pretty." Zacky said to me as he couldn't help but stare.

I blushed and looked down at the ground for a moment to hide it. When I looked back up, I noticed Matt, Johnny, and Jimmy gravitating toward Melissa and Zacky and Brian gravitating toward me.

Well, at least I was right about one thing.

This was going to be really awkward.