Status: should be frequent

Fantasy Lies Beyond the Reach of Time

I Love You More Than I Can Ever Scream

I nervously fiddled with the box in my back pocket, what if she said no?

Then I got up the courage and told her we needed to talk.

She looked absolutely terrified as I lead her outside and into a secluded area behind a big beech tree, away from the prying eyes of Matt and Val. Or should I just say Val.

I held the box in my sweaty palm as I prepared my little speech.

“Blaire, I know we haven't been dating for very long but we've known each other a long time. I'm truly sorry for leaving you before, I shouldn't have. I regretted that decision every minute of my life and I still do” I started quietly, glancing at the shorter girl.

Blaire smiled and nodded, beckoning me to continue.

I took a deep breathe and knelt down on one knee, holding the little box in my hand, I opened the lid slowly, watching her follow the movement with an expression of shock on her face.

“Blaire Mathews, will you marry me?” I asked nervously.

Blaire stared at the ring for a few minutes in silence. I wouldn't have minded but my knees were getting fucking sore.

Then her face lit up, like she suddenly realised what I asked her. Then she blushed furiously. “Yes” she answered in a squeaky voice. Then she took a deep breath and said slowly “Yes Jimmy Sullivan, I will marry you”

I smiled widely and put the ring on her finger, then she twirled her hand around and smiled again as she admired the ring.

I stood up, stiffly because years of drumming made it very difficult to stay in that position and grabbed Blaire by the waist.

I stared into her ice blue eyes and said “I love you Blaire”

“I love you too Jimmy” she replied.

Then she grabbed the back of my neck and pulled me into a soft kiss.
♠ ♠ ♠
Isn't this just the sweetest chapter?
I loved writing it <3
oh
and Ttile credit goes to BVB with The Morticians Daughter (A lovely love song BTW!)