Status: should be frequent

Fantasy Lies Beyond the Reach of Time

And Through These Clouds Are Grey That I’m Living Under, I Know I’ll Be Ok With The Rain Or Thunder

Everyone in the Avenged 'family' had turned up for the barbecue at Matt's house; he had set it up especially so me and Blaire could announce our engagement to the rest of the group.

Even though it had killed Val, she had managed to keep it a secret.

Me and Blaire had decided to dress fairly smartly; I wore a short sleeved black shirt, the top two buttons undone and a red tie worn loosely with black skinny jeans. Blaire looked quite girly for a change, she usually dressed like the boys. She was in a knee length, strapless white dress. She left her hair slightly wavy, she looked beautiful; when I told her, she blushed furiously.

We entered the party with our arms linked; the girls awed when they say us.

Matt came rushing over; looking flustered.

“Mate I would announce it now, I've been fighting with Val for her to not tell anyone” Matt grumbled, glancing nervously at Val who was glaring at him. If looks could kill, Matt would be dead.

I nodded. Matt called everyone over by shouting “Get your butts over here!”. When everyone had gathered he added, “Jimmy and Blaire have something to announce”

He then stepped back and nervously I stood in front of all my friends.

“Don't tell me you've knocked her up already!” Zacky called out. Everyone chuckled.

“I wouldn't be surprised, they've been at it like rabbits” Johnny added.

“Oh ha ha, you guys are hilarious” I laughed sarcastically.

“Actually, we're engaged” Balire said with confidence in her voice.

Everyone looked at her, shocked. I wasn't sure if it was because she spoke or because we're engaged.

Suddenly, a thunderous applause started with cheers of “Congratulations!”

I looked at Brian; he was one of my closest friends, with Matt of course, and I would love his approval. I was going to ask him to be best man when me and Balire eventually got married. He had a strange expression on his face; similar to the one he made when his first girlfriend cheated on, then dumped, him. He looked heartbroken.

Concerned, I left the throng of people who were clapping me on the back. Right now, Brian's feelings were more important.

Brian smiled stiffly when I was close; “Congrats mate” he weakly said.

“Are you okay?” I asked, thinking that he and Michelle had another row.

He nodded his head, then changed his mind and shook it. “Can we chat somewhere private?” he asked.

I nodded, “Of course mate” I smiled and put my arm around his shoulders.

Together, we walked inside and went into Matt and Val's bedroom; knowing it would be empty.

“What's wrong Bri? I'm worried” I said to him.

Brian took in a deep breath then said, “I don't want you to Marry Blaire”

I opened my mouth in disbelief, he was my best friend, he couldn't say that!

“But Bri-” I started, then he interrupted me.

By kissing me.

I admit, I felt shocked.

I was even more stunned then I was before.

“I love you Jim, more than a friend, and I have for a long time. I was planning on making a move soon but when I saw how happy you were with Blaire...” he explained softly, a lone tear dribbling out of his left eye.

I watched its progress in silence, I didn't know what to say.

When it reached his chin, I wiped it away gently with my thumb, Brian looked up at me sadly. “I love you too Bri but I'm not sure its the same way as you do”

I hated to see the crushed expression on his face.

“Give me a few days to think it over Bri” I said softly, then I left the room. I thought it was best.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you readers, commenters and subscribers <3
Its like DUH DUH DUH!
I betcha you weren't expecting that!!
Oh and title credit goes to Lostprophets with the song Where We Belong
thought I would shove some Welshie lyrics in here!!
I swear that line is about Wales...
any my best friends uncle knows Lee Gaze from the 'Prophets
Isn't that just the coolest thing??
Anywho...
Comment please!!