Status: should be frequent

Fantasy Lies Beyond the Reach of Time

I Could Stay Here All Night, FoREVer

The pain I had been feeling for two days had disappeared with that one kiss. I felt giddy after, the high better than anything I could get from drugs.

Those two days were agonizing for me; not knowing whether she would wake up. Sure, the doctors said she would, but you always get that feeling that they could be wrong. When the nurse said that she wanted to see me... well, it made me so happy.

Doubled with the news that she was pregnant, I was ecstatic. However, I didn't want to say anything to Blaire yet. The expression on her face showed how much of a shock it was to her; and I didn't want to pressure her to keep it if she didn't want to.

I wanted to call my Mom and tell her; so I left the room. It was slightly strange when Brian went rushing in. I suppose that he just wanted to talk to her, they were quite close friends at one point, obviously before she left.

There was no answer, I didn't bother to leave a message on the machine. I was about to walk through the door when I heard Brian say “Please don't leave Jimmy, I can't stand to see my best friend like that”. I was pissed off for a second, why was he interfering?

Then I realised that he just wanted me to be happy. That was why I loved Brian and it reminded me why we were such close friends. I decided I would be the first to tell him that Blaire was pregnant, that was if she decided to keep it that is.

Brian came out of the room, I gave him a quick hug before he left. Then I went in to see the love of my life.

She was still looking pretty battered, but at least she was awake and she looked considerably more happy than she did earlier.

I sat on the edge of the bed and held her hand, “What are we going to do about the baby?” I asked softly.

She sighed softly and replied with “We obviously have to keep it, I don't want to get an abortion”

“Don't worry, I won't leave you” I smiled, kissing her softly on the cheek.

“I know you won't Jim” she grinned.

“So... can I tell everyone?” I asked hopefully.

Blaire let out an exasperated sigh, then nodded. “If your so desperate”

I almost screamed with delight, than I realised that we were in fact in a hospital and they probably didn't appreciate screaming people.

“I'm so happy that there is going to be a mini me running around” I smirked.

Blaire covered her eyes with her hands and said “Oh great, how is the world going to cope with two of you?”. Then she started to pretend to cry.

“I don't know how the world's gong to cope either, I'm so awesome” I answered, with a mischievous smile on my face.
♠ ♠ ♠
chapter title is from Slow Dance by Framing Hanley :P
hope you enjoy :D