Status: Tell me what you think please :)

Fighting for You

Right Hook

~Alexa’s Point Of View~

The punch to the rib cage was the worst one of the night, it made my chest explode with pain and whimpers begging to escape my throat. But I forced myself to drown out my thoughts and only listen to his voice floating through my brain.

The smell of stale crackers and beer seeped through the air in the fight club, making it all the more revolting. The floor was coated with bleach from last night’s fights. The smells mixed together stung my nose and made me dizzy.

The black eye that my master used to watch my every move focused in on my opposite. That was part of our eternal -or until one of us dies- bond. We both had working eyes that we used to our pleasure, but one of our eyes were the color of the others -if that makes any sense at all. It was only so he could see what I was seeing, mainly to make sure I stayed alive and well. He of course was the only one between us who could do it, but if he focused; he was suddenly placed into my world. Able to speak straight into my mind and get me out of danger.

Another punch to my rib, but I was able to half block this one. Which not only saved my pain, but possibly the fight as well. I haven’t lost one yet, I’m not planning to tonight.

“Focus!” He snapped, voice hissing through my brain in anger. I was the only one able to hear him, which was an advantage to me. “Right hook.”

I did as told, which knocked the girl to the side and sent blood down her chin. I still hated the feeling of my small knuckles coming in contact with skin, it hurt me more then them. I preferred kicking, but I hated it when it happened to me. It hurt so much worse when a foot came in contact with your stomach then a fist.

“Good girl, another before she can recover.”

Again I did at told, she snapped at me with her fist right back as soon as she got a hold of herself. I staggered back words and caught myself on the barbed wire fence that protected us from running away from this damned awful place. I had to tare my arm away from the wire to dodge another punch, spinning around and throwing another punch well I still could. I was happy to see that she was beginning to seem dizzy, one to many hits to the head. I could win this one as well, if I just play my cards right.

“One more.”

I did, and he was right on the mark. She whimpered and finally gave up, throwing up her flag. If I were her I might have waited until I passed out. We always get punished for forfeiting, though she might be new and not know that.

Cheers began and we were finally able to return to our cells. Of course that was five minutes of shoving my way through hungry vampires. All the while he was cooing about my victory and rejoicing where ever he was.

When I was shoved into my nasty cage, and the door was slammed I drowned him out and rested onto my bed. Hoping my wounds would feel better if I took a nap. But he was against that, like always. Which was because he always showed up after my fights, it was the only time I see him in person. Just because he thought it would be nice to heal the wounds.

My cage squeaked open and so did my eyes. Locked on the beautiful vampire who owned me. His brown hair flopping over he one blue eye that once was my color, his pale skin shining in the damp candle light. He smiled at me, and re-shut the cage.

“What? You can’t even stay awake long enough to say hi?” He chuckled. A couple fighters a few cages down snorted with disgust, they never really understood why he came to see me. Its not like theirs even cared to coach them. But it wasn’t against the rules, so we were perfectly fine with doing what we do.

His weight pressed down next to me, stroking my hair away from my bruised face. To be honest it as nice to feel his warmth against my aching skin. I couldn't’t wish for a better master, all I wish for is a better life. He smiled sweetly at me and kissed my forehead.

“Okay, so lets review that fight shill we?” He smirked. “Three punches with a brass knuckle to the ribs, which is sure to at least bruise. One to the lip, the bottom is now split. Then a couple blows to the head, you were getting quite dizzy out there.” He has so little confidence with me. Thinking I can go down that easily, even though he was the one who taught me how to fight. But still, do I really look that weak?

“What are you? A medical genius?” I joked in a quiet voice. He chuckled and pressed his thumb against one of his fangs. Piercing the pad and smearing the drops of blood against my cuts. The tingled for a moment then sowed themselves shut. I liked that feeling, it was almost like I was drunk. “How much longer on the contract?”

When are bond had begun he had fell sick, which left us without money and no jobs to pay the bills. So we signed a contract with the fight club, 1,000 a week as long as I do not forfeit. I have never forfeit, no matter the odds, and we are considerably wealthy again. I just want the contract to end so I can get out of here.

“They added time.” He informed. Watching me wince when he pressed his finger to my busted lip. “Because of the medical bills from that one fight. Plus the rehab you went through for a couple weeks. So you have three more fights left then the class you take when you are done.”

I saw not only the pain in his eyes when he said that, but the worry as well. When I was new at this a girl took me out pretty hard. It was when I would be punished severely for forfeiting a fight, so I had no desire to even attempt that. I can still hear his screaming at me to forfeit when I think about it. The fear in his voice when I got tangled in the fence and she kept punching and kicking me. I remember them dragging her away then passing out when they began tugging me away from the wires.

~Flash-back~

“Alexa!?” His voice racked through my head, still crackling from a sore throat. I knew he was near, and he was scared for my life. I was as well, I know how much I’m bleeding right now. There’s a chance they can’t stop it.

My shallow breathing raspen when another kick to my chest scent my tangled up body further into the wire. Everything began seeing in double and I could hear him still calling my name in my head.

“Hold on! Alexa don’t got to sleep!” He cried. I caught a glimpse of the bouncers yanking her away from me. Her still threatening for me to forfeit and get my ass kicked out of here. But I couldn't’t, I’m doing this for Sean. I can’t let him down.

A few men who worked here began tugging the wire out of my skin, but my eyes only searched for Sean. I knew he was here, I just want him to tell me its going to be okay. But my eyes were still slipping close.

Maybe I blacked out for a minute, but when I opened my eyes again he was holding my head to his chest and they were still tugging the wire away from my skin. He was cooing for me to hush and just breath. I realized I was crying and whimpering. My fingers tightened on his shirt, finding it soaked with my blood.

When they finally got me to the medical wing the doctors were rushing around as fast as they could. Not bothering to numb me before shoving all the IVs in and the foul tasting medicine down my throat which was supposed to knock me out.

They were all screaming about a collapsing lung and a external hemorrhaging of something that was to complicated for me to understand. I felt confused and scared. All the pain just made it worse. It was like a fire seeping into my body.

Without warning then stuffed a tube down my throat and I just about gagged. It was horrible, but then I discovered it was so much easier to breath. Sean could be heard in the background, demanding to know what was happening. Saying he owned me and he has a right to know. The next thing I knew, I was out.

When I awoke the next morning I was covered in stitches and dressed in a paper gown. Connected to a heart monitor and millions of tubes. Sean was smiling at me and leaving random kisses on my face.

“It’s going to be okay, Alexa. Don’t worry.”

He was forced to call the club owners after the nurses had looked me over. They were to decide what to do with me, which was scary for the both of us. He knew I was in bad shape and so did they. If they made a certain call, he was powerless to stop them.

“She cannot fight with a fractured rib. I say we get rid of her.” The oldest one stated, and I could fell the fear build up inside of me. Sean can’t let them kill me!

“She is a sweetheart and one of the best newbie’s we have seen.” The youngest one snapped. “Besides, fractures can heal and with their bond she can be back out there in a week.” I flinched a little bit with that one. I wasn’t ready to hope back up and go through that again. “I like her and I say she is a keeper.”

“I agree, she can heal and with a little rehab she can get right back out there.” The last one said. With that decided I was tossed back into my cell and given a week for Sean to heal me as best as he could.

~End of Flash-back~

I remember him staying up all night the first few nights, inflecting little cuts on my rib and slipping his blood through my skin. Eventually it worked and I was able to walk on my own again. Training was the worst part though, every time I tried I either collapsed with pain or got sick enough to were they had to put me back into my cell. Eventually I was able to start off small and make it big.

The other thing Sean was worried about now, was the class I took afterwards. It wasn’t a class, it was a beating to show us that if we told the royals about this place what they would do to everyone we know. Some people have died from it, and with our luck they will repeat what happened to me those couple years ago. If they do, they won’t give me medical treatment, they will toss me into Sean’s arms and tell us to hightail it out of there. Sean might not be able to heal me correctly or fast enough if that happens.

“I just want you to be safe for these fights, okay? I just want us to get out of here and start our life together.” He informed, gently massaging my ribs. I sighed in content, snuggling against his warmth. His fingers felt great against that tender bruised rib cage.

“I’m going to do what it takes to win so they can’t hold anything against me.” I whispered only so he could hear. He nodded and then kissed my forehead. “Can I tell you what I miss the most?”

“Ya.” He smiled, kissing my forehead once more.

“Being able to come home to you and curling up in bed with you. It’s a lonely night without you hear, I miss getting to see you when ever I want.” He nodded, agreeing with me. I wish that they didn’t have visitor hours here. I just wanted him to be here all the time.

“I miss waking up and having you smiling at me. It use to start my day off perfectly.” He admitted. Wrapping his arms around my waist. I really did miss this, we never get to hang out anymore. Its not like it was against the rules or anything, but no one else had vampires spending the night in their cages. I just couldn't’t take the stares and the words anymore, I get enough of crap just from him coming here. But tonight, I just wanted things to go back to how they were before I got caught up in all of this.

“Lets just take a walk.” He smiled.
♠ ♠ ♠
PLEASE! Tell me what you think, even if you don't like it. Thank you for taking the time to read, really means a lot to me. :)