Status: Contest Cancelled, so this will be ending very shortly. Currently on Break, but I will be back soon :)

Fly Away

Chapter 13

"Y-You're pregnant?" my mother stuttered, completely oblivious.

"I was gonna tell you-" I pleaded, tears forming in my eyes.

She cut me off, "When?"

I fell silent, and a downpour of water streamed down my cheeks.

"Huh? WHEN were you gonna tell me you were ***damn pregnant?" her furious screams subsided to horrific whispers.

"I----I don't know, Mom."

She didn't speak for a long time, then she asked the stomach churning question, "Who's the father?"

I gulped down a river of saliva, hoping to God it would choke me. Sadly, it didn't and I knew I would have to answer it sooner or later.

"Tyler."

Her head emerged from her hands and she looked me in the eye. Her expression was a mix of disappointment and disbelief.

She got up out of her chair and went into her room, leaving me at the table.

Alone.
Mom said I can still go to school. I threw on an over-sized sweater and stretchy jeans to hide myself. She drove me and told me I can tell everyone I was pregnant so they can see what a little slut I am.

"Yeah I'll do that," I remarked with a smirk.

I slammed the car door and scurried up the long stairs to my locker. Charles stood there a smile on his beautiful face.

"There's my little lady!" he greeted, and gave me a big hug.

"Hey Charles. Listen I kinda have to talk to you about something," I admitted, tugging on his hair with my fingers.

"Anything. But can it wait? I have a Christmas present for you," he announced, in such a sweet little voice. Through all this drama, I almost forgot Christmas was coming up.

"Awww, thanks. But I didn't get you anything," I confessed, guilty.

"I'm sure we can work something out," he winked.

I opened up my locker to put my jacket away and grab my books. There, on the once empty shelf lay a little box, not much larger than my cell phone, wrapped in shiny gold paper with a red bow on top.

A smile crept along my face as I unwrapped it. "Oh boy another box!" I joked, when I was left with another suspense filled moment.

I opened the package to see a glimmering 14 karat gold locket in the shape of a heart with Kimber engraved on the front. When I opened it up, it had a picture of him and a picture of me inside the expensive looking gift. He gracefully took it from my hands and wrapped it around my neck.

"Thank you baby!" I smiled, kissing him on the lips.

Because no one showed up for school before the break, the hallway was empty.

"Come here," he whispered, the look of want in his eyes.

He lead me into the nearest classroom. He stopped and the door, peaking in on the little window on the top. He was about to open the door when he realized what he was watching.

Curious, I poked my head up and saw the confusing scene in front of us.

On the desk, lay a tall, blond woman I didn't reconize. She had her long white arms wrapped around...DIMITRE? One of my best friends from last year? They were just standing there in the dark classroom making out.

Charles looked at me, his mouth open. We both knew this was wrong on so many levels, but for some reason, we couldn't stop watching.

As me and Charles stood outside the window watching this unusual pair make out, we were shocked when we heard the jangle of janitor keys. Waltzing down the hall, a raggy man in uniform spotted us.

"What are you kids doing? Thought everyone left?" he hollered down the path.

Quickly we tried to cover the window while still attempting to make us look casual.

"Oh, we just forgot some homework. We will be out in a minute," Charles said, a smooth recovery.

"Ok, but you have one minute and one minute only," he offered generously. "Merry Christmas kids."

"Merry Christmas," we replied in unison.

As he disappeared into another classroom, instinctively, we both checked the window at the same time.

Our eyes were met with both Dimitre's and the teachers. They must have heard the commotion and this time, they were peeping on us. Dimitre was so embarassed when he realized we had been watching him, but the teacher put on a devious smirk, and laughed!

Her high pitched cackle caught me off guard, and I wasn't sure if I should be afraid or relieved.

Through the door, Charles's glare kept switching from Dimitre to the woman. She opened up the heavy door, her small black leather purse in her hand. "Listen, it's Christmas. Who said adults can't have fun too?'

At that, Dimitre scurried out of the room, past us and bolted out the back entrance of the building.

"He's just shy," she referred to him, as if she knew him for years.

"Who the hell are you?" Charles questioned, completely in confusion.

"I'm your new teacher, Ms. Durell. See you next yea!" she replied joyously. She slung her purse onto her shouler, waltzed off like nothing happened, her heels clacking and clinging on the shiny, freshly polished floor. She took the same exit as Dimitre, and when she opened it up, she turned back to say, "Merry Christmas!" from across the hall. She smoothy walked out, and I was still astounded.

"What just happened?" I asked Charles.

"I don't really know. C'mon, now you can go give me my Christmas present!" he smirked, placing his arm around my shoulder.

I just laughed, grabbed our coats, and left with him, but not before saying, "Pig."
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh my!
Thanks Cup-Cak Lover12..at least YOU commented!