Status: fin :)

If Love Is Sweet, What Is This, Draco Malfoy?

Fighting

I went down to the common room to see a few people who had free periods and my friends there. Not just Daphne, Hailey and Selena, but Kat and Faye were there too. I smiled at them and sat in one of the sofas that they’d pulled towards each other to make a circle of three two seater sofas.
“Oh, Maia. Hey. I wanted to apologise for using your bed” Kat started, but I waved my hand at her dismissively
“It’s fine” I sighed. Hailey watched me closely as I stared into the fire
“Maia?” she asked slowly.
“Hmm?” I replied, still looking at the fire
“Are you ok?” she questioned. I nodded
“You don’t seem it” Daphne interjected. I shrugged
“A little pissed off but I’ll live” I told them. I could see the three girls nodding from the corner of my eye
“Is it Draco?” Selena asked timidly. I didn’t reply, and it was like a conformation for them
“Seriously, what’s going on with her and Draco?” I heard Faye whisper to Kat. Even though we were all close, it was like we were two groups mashed into one. The first group consisted of me and my three main girls, and the second was a duo of Faye and Kat. Faye was the bitchiest out of us, and obviously the bitch in her duo. Daphne wasn’t a bitch as such. She just spoke her mind. I was more of the bitch. The quiet bitch. Selena was the all caring one, and Hailey was the bubbly best buddy/kind girl. And Kat was just the girl that usually goes ‘whatever’ and doesn’t really give a crap.
“You know I can hear you” I snapped at Faye. She gave me an ‘and what’ look
“Come on guys, let’s not argue” Selena interjected. She hated me and Faye arguing. Even though we were friends, we were the bitches. The leaders. So obviously we collided. Sometimes that was good if we were working together, but most times we found ourselves fighting against each other for power.
“Well it’s not our fault if everyone’s saying that Maia and Draco are sleeping together. Someone even said you were married” Faye said, excluding her duo from our group by saying our fault. I inhaled quickly. Who would hear we were married? They must have just decided to take our relationship to the next level I suppose, to make the gossip juicier.
“We are not sleeping together, nor are we married” I spat acidly.
“No seriously Maia, what’s with the mood swings like you’re preggo or something? It’s really getting annoying. You’re acting like an Emo” Kat cut in. I glared at her
“No I’m sorry. I forgot I was pregnant” I snapped, glaring back at the fire. My jaws clenching together.
“Oh you know what? You’re such a self involved bitch! There, I said it. Now go drop down a hole and die. And don’t forget your blade, just in case you don’t die quick enough” Faye spat, and then got up with Kat and left. Usually I would have gone over to her and punched her, but right now I didn’t feel like doing anything except sit here and sulk. Selena sighed softly.
“Maia. Are you ok?” she whispered. I opened by mouth to yell at her but snapped it shut and then took a deep breath before shaking my head and looking back at the fire
“Do you want to talk about it?” Hailey asked comfortingly. I shook my head again, and they nodded
“If you don’t mind guys, I’d just like to be alone for a while. I think I’m gonna head on up to my room” I told them, and they said goodbye before I left.

I was about to go to my room when I heard a commotion going on in the boy’s dorm rooms. Who could it hurt to check it out? I walked up the stairs quietly, and looked around to see Draco and Blaise in a hand to hand combat, with all the other guys around them, cheering them on
“You bastard! Don’t you ever talk about Maia like that again!” Draco spat as he punched Blaise, and I heard a sickening crack coming from Blaise’s nose.
“It’s not my fault you couldn’t get her Malfoy! Now move aside and stop playing best friends, and give someone else a chance!” Blaise growled, spitting blood out of his mouth before head butting Draco.
“If she was interested, she would go for you, ass!” Draco screamed, getting back up and kicking Blaise’s side so that he made an ‘oof’ sound
“No I’ve had enough Malfoy! Every time I like a girl, you fuck her before I get a chance to ask her out. And then she’s so sick of you after you ditch her, that she doesn’t want anything to do with you, which means she’d turn me down too! First it was Carmen, and then Faye, and now Maia!” Blaise yelled, getting up and grabbing Draco’s hair before smashing his face down on Blaise’s knee, and then threw him on the floor so that when he got up, his face looked like a bloodbath. I was shocked, unable to move as Draco kneed Blaise where the sun don’t shine, and then punched his face so that it clicked because of turning so far sideways. The crowd was making so much noise I could barely hear their yelling.
“I’m trying to be a friend for her! Not trying to sleep with her! But she wouldn’t go out with scum like you anyway” all of a sudden, my senses kicked into overdrive and even though I felt sick to death, I shoved past the thick crowd, trying to get to the middle. The crowd started cheering as they saw me, one guy even spanking my ass. Usually I would throw him down and squeeze lemon juice into his eye before slapping his hand against a sander, but now I didn’t have time. I pushed past them all and ran to the middle where Blaise was punching Draco repeatedly, and wrenched his hand away from Draco’s face.
“Blaise stop it!” I said, trying to break up their argument, and they seemed to listen to me before a guy behind me shoved me into Blaise. I had enough. I turned back round and punched him square in the face so that he fell flat onto his back. I was sure my hand was broken but I didn’t care.
“Maia are you ok?” Blaise asked, looking at my hand as Draco staggered up.
“You two need to stop fighting like toddlers and go to the hospital wing. Now” I said viciously, and they obeyed. I helped them both with one each on either side of me, and hissed at the crowd so that I could get past them. Neither of us said a word as we walked to the hospital wing “You guys are so childish” I said irritably as I walked towards the wing. Draco started talking but I snapped at him to shut up
“Are you still upset about this morning?” he asked. I glared at him for a while until he flinched
“No, asshole. That’s not why I’m upset.” I said, walking again. I could see Blaise smirking from the corner of my eye, and then tripped up over a tile. He cursed as his leg dislocated, and I held a hand over my mouth to stop from throwing up. “Are you ok?” I asked, trying not to look at his leg. He clenched his body for a while before letting go slowly and nodded
“I’ll be fine” he whispered
“I need to support Blaise properly. You’re not as badly hurt, you can walk by yourself” I told Draco, as I wrapped Blaise’s hand around my shoulder and helped him to limp. Draco glared at Blaise the entire way, and I opened the nurse’s doors. Madame Pomfrey was having a relaxing day today seeing as no-one had gotten hurt. No such luck for her. I walked in looking at her apologetically.
“What happened?” she asked.
“They fell?” I said hopefully, and she gave me a look. I sighed “They fought” I muttered. She clicked her tongue in a ‘thought so’ way.
“Over what? They seem pretty badly hurt” she said. I looked at my hands and didn’t reply “It couldn’t be over a certain girl could it?” she asked, looking at me again
“Yeah, a girl that Draco can never get” Blaise spat, and Draco was about to tackle him to the floor before I stepped in between them
“Mr. Malfoy and Mr. Zabini, control yourselves! I don’t want any fighting in here!” she said harshly. They glared at each other, and Madame Pomfrey put Draco in a bed right at the end, and then Blaise on the opposite side. “I’m afraid you’re going to either have to choose who you sit next to or split your time. You don’t have very long. The curfew rings in ten minutes” she said, and I nodded before giving Draco and icy glare before sitting next to Blaise and taking his hand in mine
“You silly boy” I whispered, as the nurse left and everything went quiet. He gave me a crooked smile “You didn’t have to argue. And over a subject like that…” I said. Blaise smiled
“You were worth it” he whispered. I smiled
“I really wasn’t. And for the record, I wasn’t planning on getting into bed with Draco” I told him. Blaise looked apologetic
“You over heard that huh?” he asked, seeming awkward. I smiled
“It’s ok. I had a feeling you liked me in the same way Draco did” I told him. He scoffed
“Apparently he just wants to be your friend” he sneered. I smiled.
“Apparently so” I told him, nodding
“Did you want to be anything more with him?” he asked hesitantly
“Hell no” I laughed. He grinned, and then his face fell
“Why not?” he asked. I wasn’t sure where he was going with this.
“It’s… complicated” I told him truthfully. Blaise nodded.
“You know there were rumours going around…” Blaise started slowly. I nodded
“Yeah. About me and Draco. You know the people in this school are so narrow minded as to think that when a girl and a boy become friends it has to mean they’re screwing each other” I spat venomously.
“I didn’t mean to upset you” Blaise said gently. I took a deep breath and let it out
“I know” I said, and then smiled apologetically as Madame Pomfrey came back with medicine. Blaise groaned
“Now, now. I’ll have none of that. If you boys can get into fights, then be brave enough to drink some medicine” she said, and set it on Blaise’s side table before putting it on Draco’s table. As I watched her movement, I noticed that Draco had been staring at me this whole time, and probably over heard our conversation. I checked that Pomfrey wasn’t looking, and took a sachet out of my robes then slipped the content into the goblet of medicine, before winking at Blaise and putting the packet back into my bag. Madame Pomfrey made Draco drink the medicine, and then came back to Blaise and made him drink it. He smiled as he realised I had slipped in a sweetener, and drank it quickly. “See what a brave boy Blaise is? He didn’t complain about the medicine is. He just drank it straight down. I wish you would be a little more like him” Madame Pomfrey said to Draco, before disappearing into her office. Blaise and I started cracking up laughing as she went back to her office, and I noticed he was healing
“Go to your dorm and get changed ok? Then go to bed. And if you two fight on your way there, you’re going to be answering to my fists, understand?” I said, and Blaise started laughing again. I glared at him, and he wiped away the tears of joy
“Sorry but it’s just so funny that the girl who cant throw one good punch at a guy without breaking her fist is trying to take on Hogwart’s most feared guys” he said, and I stared at him acidly
“Actually, Dumbledore comes first, and then Snape, and then you two, landing you guys in joint third” I said, proving my point. He looked sympathetic now, as he examined my hand
“I really do think you’ve broken it Maia. Go and get it fixed. The nurse will just give you some medicine and tell you to keep it still for 30 seconds. I did that once in a Quidditch accident and she fixed me up easily” he told me, and I nodded before walking over to the nurse and knocking timidly with my good hand. She came out to see me and remembered something
“Oh, yes dearie. You need to get back to your dorm. The curfew bell rang” she told me. I nodded
“I was wondering if you’d let me off for thirty seconds? I think I’ve broken my hand. Could you fix it?” I asked, and she examined it before going to get some medicine
“How did you break it sweetheart?” she asked me as she handed me the goblet
“Let’s just say guys need to learn to keep their hands to themselves” I muttered, before drinking the medicine. Madame Pomfrey shook her head.
“These Slytherin boys really don’t know where to stop” she sighed, and then put my hand in a cast so I didn’t move it before taking it off after 30 seconds. Now hurry back to your dorm, and I think the boys can leave too” she said, and I nodded before waiting for them to follow me. I walked up to the boy’s dorms with them, and Blaise gave me a funny look
“Yes I am taking you right to your dorms to shorten the chances of a fight breaking out. And don’t let me catch you fighting again, understood? I might not be good with contact fighting but I can sure as hell use my wand to advantage” I told them. They looked scared now, and walked silently to their room. I dropped Blaise off as his room was closer, and smiled, wishing him a good night
“Maia?” he asked hesitantly.
“Yeah?” I asked him, turning round.
“I was wondering… if maybe you’d like to go to Hogsmeade together this weekend?” he asked slowly. I was stunned
“You mean as a date?” I asked him. He nodded, and I felt uncomfortable
“Um… Blaise… I don’t really think that’s such a good idea” I told him slowly. His face fell.
“Well… is it because of…” he asked, nodding towards Draco who was standing next to me. I pressed my lips together
“I told you… it’s complicated” I said apologetically. He nodded and smiled
“It was worth a shot” he said, before walking into his room. I smiled slightly, and walked silently with Draco. He got to his room in the end, and I opened the door for him to go through. When he did, he turned round and opened his mouth to say something, but I slammed the door shut and walked back to my own room.
♠ ♠ ♠
it's 12:45am, and i am uploading this for you guys... pure dedication
xx