Status: fin :)

If Love Is Sweet, What Is This, Draco Malfoy?

The birth stone

When I woke up the next morning, the six people were back in my room, most of them looking like they were crying. The women at least. I looked around blurrily, before looking down to see Maia still hugged against me
“Maia wake up” I whispered. She didn’t respond “I have so much to tell you! The game, it was amazing! I just kept thinking and thinking about you all the way through. I was so distracted; I almost lost us the entire game. I mean the snitch floated around my head so many times, but I just sat there thinking about you. I got it anyway near the end, but I didn’t stay for the after party or anything. It’s too bad you went to sleep last night, but now you can wake up so I can tell you everything” I said, my voice getting quieter and quieter, becoming more sad with each word until I felt tears falling down my face “Please wake up” I begged. Maia still didn’t move one bit, and I looked back at my parents “She’s sleeping” I told them. They nodded, not knowing whether to whisk me off to the mental clinic right now or let me sit here holding a rotting body. I pulled Maia into a hugging position, wishing she would gain life and hug me back, and pulled both her arms towards me. As I did, I noticed for the first time that the arm that had been hanging off the edge of the bed had a familiar, gold chain in it. The one I had given to Maia before my Quidditch match with Gryffindor. I picked it up gently and saw that there was a small roll of paper tucked in-between the chain and the birth stone. I pulled the paper part out and looked at it.
Mistone-D
“Mistone-D?” I said aloud, feeling confused. It sounded oddly like a spell, but the part after the ‘D’ had been burnt off. I had a feeling that the bastard who did this to Maia might have burnt off the last part. I thought through it properly, saying the syllables slowly. “Mist-one-D” I said, feeling confused, before it hit me “Mist… Maia mist… one?? Mistone… stone! Mist… stone! Mistone” I said, figuring it out. “Mistone” I said, feeling stupid for not having worked it out before “A combination between Maia’s last name and the birth stone… but… D something… if this is her own spell… what would she write after Mistone?” I mused quietly to myself, even though everyone in the room can hear me. “Me” I whispered, all of it connecting. “Her spell consists of me… her… and… a birth stone? Birth stone. Birth as in life. A life line! She must have written this before going upstairs!” I said to myself.

***

“Mistone Draco” I whispered, holding the birth stone in my hand. Nothing happened. I let out the breath of air that I had held, and then went through the spell again, before realising something. “Stone… it still doesn’t sound… hmm… what are you trying to tell me Maia?” I said, looking at her, and remembered to all those years ago when we were just ten.
Maia laughed as she sat next to me, licking her ice cream. She was upset that the twins had to go, but I was happy that she could be next to me. I knew she wanted to leave, so I had to come up with a conversation… fast…
“Maia” I said, and she looked at me, her floral top swaying against her in the summer breeze “If you could make up your own spell… what’s one thing you would do to make it more you?” I asked her lamely. She laughed at my stupidity, before thinking about it seriously
“I would add an accent” she said randomly. I laughed
“Why?” I asked, curious
“Because it’s different” Maia said, shrugging…

I gasped. Mis… tone... ai. Miston-ey. I looked back at Maia, and held the birth stone tightly in my hands.
“Mistoné Draco” I whispered, holding the rock tightly in my hand, before seeing my whole hand glow an amethyst purple. I gasped, opening my hand to see the rock shining brightly, and looked at Maia to see a luminous glow had taken over her skin. It grew brighter and brighter as I held her in her arms, my hands resting against her chest so that the stone was closer to her, before I felt her heart fluttering to life.
♠ ♠ ♠
hahaha fooled you bitcheesss :P xx