Status: Active

Natalie's Room

I Must Be Dreaming

September 27th 2015
“Doctor John! We need your help!” said Marissa,John’s nurse assistant as John followed her into an emergency room and that was the first time he saw Natalie. She was squeezing her chest and she couldn’t breathe normally as John walked up to her and started examining her. John gave her a small dose of Ibuprofen to ease the pain,but it’s gonna be hard for her to bare the pain cause she had a pretty bad congenital heart defect. He walked out of the room as he approached her family who was standing acrossed the emergency room.

“How is she,doc?” said a girl with a dark brown hair who I believed was Natalie’s older sister cause they look alike but she looks older than Natalie.

“She had a heart attack,it was the caused of her congenital heart defect. How come you didn’t take her to a medical center for a serious medical treatment before this happened?” John started explaining her condition to her family as her mother almost passed out and both her father and her sister looked so bummed,turns out her family had checked her to a doctor for a few times but she must have had a long QT syndrome. It was a medical mistake of a misdiagnosis of a heart desease,she had a rare heart desease that her previous doctor probably didn’t notice this.

“But she still can be cured,right?” asked her father.

“In a case like this,there’s not much we can do beside giving her medication and perform a surgery to make her blood flow streamlined through her heart. But it only last for a temporary. If we couldn’t find a right heart transplant for her,I’m afraid she couldn’t be help…it takes some time to find a heart transplant and a high risk to perform the surgery,right now we can only hope for her will to live. I’m really sorry to say this.” John explained and he could see his words brought her whole family down. After John had finished talking to Natalie’s family,John let them entered Natalie’s room.

As days passed by,John was somehow strucked to Natalie. He had never seen any girl as strong as Natalie,he was now Natalie’s personal doctor. Her family trusted him and Natalie’s parents even gave St. Francis a big amount of donation. It’s been three months since Natalie was completely stayed in the hospital for a serious medical treatment,John with the help of Marissa,her nurse assistant helped Natalie for it. Natalie always smiled,she never showed any of her pain that she had been through. John really respected Natalie for that. It was Monday morning when her family came for a visit,this visit turned out to be the last time Natalie’s sister,Danielle ever seen Natalie. It was the very first time John saw Natalie vulnerable side,she was really sad knowing that her sister wouldn’t be around her because Danielle was leaving to continue her study in London.

“Natalie,I’m going to take medical as my major and when I get my medical degree,I promise that I will fix you.” Danielle smiled as she started tearing up infront of Natalie as Natalie hugged her tight. John knew deep down,Natalie must’ve been really miserable but she perfectly hide it with her warm smile.

“I know you’ll make it,I’m so happy for you. I’ll be waiting.” Natalie smiled as Danielle kissed her sister a goodbye.

The following months after Danielle’s left,Natalie’s condition was getting more critical. She got a cardiac arrest almost every day and she couldn’t sleep at night cause she couldn’t breathe normally. John did everything that he could to ease Natalie’s pain but he knew he couldn’t do anything much until he found a perfect heart transplant for her.It was another early morning when John saw Natalie sitting on the bench near the hospital garden with her guitar and he started approaching her and took a sit next to her. Natalie loved music,she can play a few instruments but guitar was her favorite. It was true that John had feelings for Natalie,they became real close ever since John caught Natalie cried in the middle of the night on the day her sister left,John accompanied her all night long and gave Natalie a strength to get through her illness. When John took a sit next to Natalie,she stopped playing her guitar and started to tear up.

“I never miss anyone so bad until now,I really miss Danielle and the warmth of my house…I’ve been here forever and I never thought that I could be so alone.” Natalie sobbed as John gave her a massive warm hug and Natalie cried in his arms. Her parents rarely visited Natalie now,they seemed so caught up by their work and they could only call Natalie whenever they had time. Natalie said that it was a usual thing in her family,her parents were really busy and she also told John how Danielle meant so much for her. But now that she’s busy with her college Natalie didn’t have anyone to linger around anymore.

“You’re not alone,I’m here for you.” John said as he smiled and rubbed Natalie’s back.

“You’re an amazing doctor.” Natalie puts on her her best smile as John grabbed her guitar.

“You can play?” Natalie asked in disbelief.

“Hey! I used to be in a band when I was in high school and during my college as my side job. Okay,this song called “I Must Be Dreaming” originally written by me and my band back when I was in college.” John giggled as he started playing with his eyes locked on Natalie’s.

She thinks I'm crazy.
Judging by the faces that she's making.
And I think she's pretty.
But pretty's just part of the things she does that amaze me.
And she calls me sweetheart.
I love it when she wakes me when it's still dark.
And she watches the sun.
But she's the only one I have my eyes on.

Tell me that you love me.
And it'll be alright.
Are you thinking of me?
Just come with me tonight.
You know I need you.
Just like you need me.
Can't stop, Won't stop.
I must be dreaming.
Can't stop, Won't stop.
I must be dreaming.

She moves in closer.
Whispering to me "I thought I told ya"
And oh she's playing games now.
And I figured it out now that we're
Now that we're closer.
Two kids, one love.
Who cares it we making it up.
Her voice is sweet sound.
Our clothes lay on the ground.
She moves in closer.
Whispers "I thought I told ya"

Tell me that you love me.
And it'll be alright.
Are you thinking of me?
Just come with me tonight.
You know I need you.
Just like you need me.
Can't stop, Won't stop.
I must be dreaming.
Can't stop, Won't stop.
I must be dreaming.

Remember the day when we started this.
And she made the shape of my heart with her hands.
We try to make some sense of it.
But she called me on the phone and said..

Tell me that you love me.
And it'll be alright.
Are you thinking of me?
Just come with me tonight.
You know I need you.
Just like you need me.
Can't stop, Won't stop.
I must be dreaming.
Go one and tell em that you love me
And it'll be alright.
Are you thinking of me.
Just come with me tonight
She moves in closer.
Can't stop, Won't stop.
I must be dreaming.

“So you love it when I woke you up when it’s still dark because of my cardiac attack? You gotta be kidding me.” Natalie said as she giggled.
“I’m good,right?”
“Not bad.” As they both laughed,John put down Natalie’s guitar and leaned down to Natalie,Natalie moved in closer as their lips touched and they shared a warm kiss.
♠ ♠ ♠
What do you think? well,get ready for the thrilling part!