Sequel: Take Your Breath Away
Status: Active- Updated as often as possible

Just A lonely Star

Chapter 14 - My heart is out at sea, my head all over the place

`Birmingham! We have been You Me At Six and this will be our last song! You’ve been great, so I want to hear your singing voices one last time. This song is dedicated to my good friend, May, and it goes a little like this…’

Chris and Max started slowly strumming their guitars, Josh turned to me, smiling sweetly before turning to the crowd and singing the first line.

`If it hurts this much,

Then it must be love,

And it's a lottery,

I can't wait to draw your name.

Oh I’m trying to get to you,

But time isn't on my side.

If the truth's the worst I can do,

Then I guess that I have lied

Keeping me awake,

It's been like this now for days.

My heart is out at sea,

My head all over the place.

I'm losing sense of time,

And everything tastes the same.

I'll be home in a day,

I fear that’s a month too late.’

`Come on Birmingham!’

`That night I slept,

On your side of the bed so,

It was ready when you got home.

We're like noughts and crosses in that,

Opposites always attract.

You've taken me to the top,

And let me fall back south.

You've had me at the top of the pile,

And then had me kissing the ground.

We've heard and seen it all,

No one's talked us out.

The problems that have come,

Haven't yet torn us down.

Am i keeping you awake? If i am then just say.

You can make your own decisions; you can make your own mistakes.

I'll live and let die all the promises you made,

But if you lie another time, it'll be a lie that's too late.

That night I slept,

On your side of the bed so,

It was ready when you got home.

We're like noughts and crosses in that,

Opposites always attract.

You always have your way,

For now it's too soon for you to say,

Will we be always, always?’

The last verse was sang by the crowd, Josh now on his knees, his eyes closed, soaking in the atmosphere, a giant smile on his face. The last strum of the guitar’s faded away and Josh got up, bowing to the crowd and thanking them before running off stage.

When he reached me he picked me up slightly as he kissed me slowly, he was covered in sweat but I didn’t care. He had just dedicated a song to me, this guy was perfect. We both pulled away, turning to see the rest of the band, throwing guitar picks and drum sticks into the crowd before exiting the stage themselves, high fiving, with giant smiles on their faces.

Josh beckoned for me to follow him back to the dressing room. Once we were in there everyone sat down, all silent, soaking in what had just happened.

`That was amazing.’ Chris whispered.

Everyone nodded in agreement, still speechless. We were all sat there in silence for about 10 minutes until Rob came in telling the boys to shower and be ready to greet some fans.

`You wanna go get a drink and I’ll meet you at the bar in a little while?’

`Yeah sure, hurry though!’

`I’ll be quick as I can’

And with that Josh walked into the shower room, the very one we had fucked in earlier. I grabbed a jacket and went into the main venue hall, some fans were still hanging around the bar and merch store. I saw Ollie struggling at merch so went to assist him.

`Hey, Ollie. Let me give you a hand!’

`Thank fuck you’re here! My assistant is ill and I was alone. You know how to work a merch store?’

`It can’t be too hard’ I winked, asking the first person what they wanted.

I worked the merch for about 20 minutes until every customer had been served.

`Thank you so much, May! You’re a life saver, honestly’

`It’s no problem’

`You don’t have to but if you’re not busy during shows would you like to take over as my new assistant? I’d pay you’

`Really?! I’d love to! But I don’t want any money for it, im just glad to be of use’

`Are you sure? Because I don’t mind’

`Im completely sure, you seem to work harder than most on this tour so you deserve it’

`Oh, May, you do know how to flatter a man’

`That’s what I do; do you need anything else doing tonight?’

`Nah, you go to your lover boy’ he winked.

`Thanks, same time tomorrow, yeah?’

`It’s a date’ he said.

I walked back into the main venue area and sat at the bar, sipping on some water, was Josh.

`Hey, where’d you get to?’

`You are looking at your new merch girl’

`Wait. Ollie gave you a job?’

`Yeah, im merch assistant now.’

`That’s amazing! You work for me now!’

`I didn’t think about that…’

`Im kidding. This is great, honest’ he said, hugging me tightly.

`Josh, I just want to thank you for dedicating Always Attract to me, I love that song and it was truly beautiful, it was one of the nicest things any one has ever done for me’

`It’s no big deal, Im just glad you liked it’ he said, shyly. `And now I have to go outside and meet fans, what are you gonna do?’

`I was kinda wondering if I could assist Tom and do some photography or filing of you guys,
and some fans, for him? We spoke about it earlier and I’d love to do it’

`That sounds amazing! Just, be careful, please?’

‘Im a big girl Josh, I can look after myself’

`I know, I just worry. Now let’s go find Tom and get you camera’d up!’

We walked to the main exit to the venue, a few fans were still hanging around here so Josh posed for pictures and signed stuff for them all whilst I stood back, waiting for him. When Josh was done with the fans, we found Tom just to the left of the venue, setting up his camera.

`Your work experience girls here’ Josh joked.

`May! Your job is to take pictures of fans holding signs saying why they love the band and to
take pictures of the band signing things and stuff and im gonna film it all, ok?’

`That sounds good to me’ I said.

Grabbing the camera and walking around to the back of the venue with Josh, the fans were all behind a barrier, there were about 50 of them still here, nearly an hour after the show and they were still hanging around in the cold to meet the band. Now that was dedication. They all started screaming as Josh approached. The rest of the band were already signing things and posing for pictures so I went along and snapped pictures of them all talking to the fans. After I was satisfied with the shots I had taken I handed out paper and pens to a few fans, explaining what I wanted them to do. I then lined them all up.

The first girl I took a picture with had written on her paper,

“You Me At Six gave me the best friends I could ever wish for”

She posed for her picture with a sweet smile on her face.

`How did you meet your friends then?’ I asked her,

`Last time I saw the band I went alone, and lined up all day, it was then that I got talking to two
guys and another girl, we spent the whole day just talking and getting to know each other. By the time the gig was over I felt like I’d know them forever, and we now spend all our time together, if it wasn’t for You Me At Six, I would have never have met them so I thank the band for that.’

`That is so sweet’ I said, moving on to the next person.

This time it was a guy, about 14. His sign said,

“Chris Miller inspired me to play guitar. Im now in a band”

`That’s so cool’

I did a few more people, until I reached a girl, about 16, she was holding her sign up and it read,

“You Me At Six made me realise that no man will ever be as perfect as Josh Franceschi”

This one made me laugh.

`Nice sign, but Josh really isn’t that great. Bit of a dick head really’ I joked.

`Wait? You know Josh?! Oh my god, he’s my husband…he just doesn’t know it yet…’

`Oh, really?’ I liked this girl, she reminded me of me when I was her age, stood outside venues in New York waiting for Blink 182. `So how’d you feel if you met him?’

`I tried to talk to him earlier but someone pushes in front and by the time I got to the front he had moved up the queue’

`JOSHY!!!’ I shouted at him. He looked round at me, confusion on his face. I beckoned for him to join me, he said good bye to whoever he was talking to and walked up to me.

`What do you want now?’ he joked.

`There’s a girl here who claims to be your wife that would really love to meet you’ I pointed to the girl stood in front of us. She was frozen on the spot, gawping, mouth open at Josh.

`Hey, wife’ he said to the girl.

`H-hi I don’t know how to tell you this but you’re beautiful and I love you’

`Beautiful? Yeah I am, aren’t i?’ he joked, `It’s nice to meet you, my future wife. Would you like
a picture? To show the grandkids?’

`Oh my god. Yes please!’ the girl said. Josh stood next to her, his arm around her shoulder and the girls around his waist, both of them smiled at the camera as I took a picture. When the picture was taken, the girl turned to Josh, more composed now and started talking to him about the band and their next album, I took this as my cue to leave and carried on taking more pictures of people with signs. When I was done I felt a tug on my arm, I turned to see the girl from before stood there.

`I just want to say, thank you so much. I can’t believe I just met Josh Fransexy!!!’

`It’s no big deal, im glad you enjoyed it. Can you write me down your email ort witter and I’ll
send you the picture over that.’ The girl wrote down her twitter name on a piece of paper, thanked me again and left, practically skipping away.

I took a few more pictures of the band with the crowd until it slowly thinned, and then security came out telling the fans to leave. Once it was empty again we all went into the venue, grabbed our stuff and got on the tour bus. Already on our way to the next city.

`It was really nice what you did for that girl tonight; you’re great with the fans’

`I had a fixation with Tom DeLonge when I was 13-16, I know how she felt, it was the least I
could do.’

`You know, we were offered a support slot on the Blink 182 tour next summer? We turned it down.’

`WHAT?! WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?!’ I screamed

`Ah, once a fan girl always a fan girl. I should’ve known.’ He smirked.
♠ ♠ ♠
Enjoy, guys! Will update tomorrow again.

How are you liking the story? The next few chapters will just be about tour and then comes in the story line that i dont want to write but will mix it up a bit... oooh what ever could i be talking about?! I'm the only person that knows... for now.

So i just got back from seeing A Day To Remember and was totally inspired to write so...here it is! The gig was amazing, nearly as good as You Me At Six... nearly. I'd definitely recommend you catch them on tour sometime.

Music That Inspired Me -
Futures - Jimmy Eat World
Pavlove - Fall Out Boy
Lithium - Nirvana
Ghosts- Francesqa
Mostly, im a bore - Deaf Havana
The Rumor Mill - We Are The In Crowd
If it means a lot to you - A Day To Remember

The bit about the girl saying Josh is her husband. True story about when me and my best friend met You Me At Six. She fan girled all over the place and it was actually Chris' girlfriend that helped us meet him, it was very sweet :)