Sequel: Take Your Breath Away
Status: Active- Updated as often as possible

Just A lonely Star

Chapter 13 - Loverboy, you played those hearts like toys

We were sat in the dressing room waiting for the cue for the boys to go on stage. The boys were all pacing around the room, doing various exercises and warm ups.

`Is this what they do before every show?’ I asked Carina, as we sat on the couch, watching the boys.

`Yeah pretty much, half an hour of their own warm ups and then they go back stage do a group huddle and go on. And then they have beers after the show. Every single night. It’s quite funny to watch actually’ she explained.

I looked at Josh; he was sat down doing vocal exercises, trying to warm up his voice. He saw me looking at him and winked at me, I smiled back.

`Josh, I thought you would have warmed your voice up enough already’

`How do you mean? I’ve only just started’ Josh asked, confused.

`Well I heard you moaning and screaming earlier. Something like “Maaaay. Ohhhh. Ohhhh May, do that again!”’ Max imitated.

Josh threw a bottle of water, narrowly missing Max’s head.

`And why would Josh have been making noises like that, Max?’ asked Dan, a huge smirk on his face.

`Hmm… I don’t know. But May was with him… in the shower… I can’t imagine what they must have been doing…’ Max explained his voice thick with sarcasm.

`Guys, shut the fuck up or I will fucking kill you, right now’

`Oh really, Joshy? Why is that then?’ Dan mocked.

Josh just turned around in his chair, carrying on with his vocal warm ups. I could feel myself blushing. Obviously we had been louder than we thought, earlier. And it sounds like the whole band had overheard. How embarrassing!

`Guys! You’re onstage in 5!’ Rob shouted, from outside the door.

With this all the guys stood up and grabbed everything they’d need onstage. Josh came and grabbed my hand and we all walked to backstage together. When we were there I noticed a lot of people rushing around trying to set up the stage. Josh turned to me, holding both my hands in front of me.

`Sorry about them.’ He said, looking at the floor.

`Its fine, boys will be boys, I guess?’

`Yeah, I s’pose. They’re only jealous anyway.’ He smiled down at me.

`Ha-ha! Who wouldn’t be?’ I joked.

`True, very true. Are you gonna stay side of stage? Or go into the crowd? Or you can chill on the bus if you want. It’s up to you.’

`I am gonna stay right here and watch the whole show, if you don’t mind? I finally get to see the amazing You Me At Six again! ‘

`Really? That’s amazing, just don’t judge my dance moves, ok?’

`Just go have fun! I’ll be here the whole time, and afterwards im buying everyone a few beers’

`Sounds like a plan! Now can I kiss you or…?’

`Maybe. I suppose, if you have to…’ and with that Josh kissed me square on the lips, a deep, sweet kiss. That was until he got hit round the head by Dan’s drumsticks.

`Duty calls. see you later’

`Have fun!’

Josh ran up to the guys, playfully hitting Dan. The boys all huddled together, in a circle, their arms around each other; they were huddled, talking for a few minutes until I noticed the lights on the stage dimmed. The audience started chanting and the boys ran on stage one by one. Josh went on last, blowing a kiss to me before running on stage and breaking into the first song.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just a short chapter, will update again tomorrow :)

http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=39540329 - May's outfit.